shu uemura Glow On Blush

shu uemura Glow On Blush
shu uemura glow on - m peach 41shu uemura glow on - p orange 53

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-2, Triisostearate, Sorbeth-4 Tetraoleate, Myristyl Myristate, Silica, Methicone, Methylparaben, Butylparaben [ /- May contain: Mica, Cl 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499 / Iron Oxides, Cl 77007 / Ultramarines, Cl 75470 / Carmine ]. Code F.I.L.: B27889/1.

on 5/5/2003 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I agree with the other reviewers here in that Shu Uemura probably does make some of the finest blushes in the cosmetic business. I have three of them and when I look at the swatches I can't remember which ones they are. I usually go for pink colors so I know I have 2 different pinks and one that is more of a peach. I need very badly to write down what colors I have so that I can order more without worrying about ending up with the same color. The pigment and staying power and package of these are all excellent. I love the minimalist package of Shu Uemura - he obviously knows that women want something small and compact to carry with them. I wish I could find a standing Shu Uemura store so I could go see all these wonderful blush colors in person.
These blushes are expensive but since it takes so little to color my very fair cheeks they last a very long time. This blush is definitely worth the high price, the quality is outstanding.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this blush in m pink33E.This is a nice pink blush.It really gave me a fresh and natural flushed look.But i wouldn't buy it again becuz it made me break out.And my skin was clearer after i stoped using it...

on 3/31/2003 10:46:00 PM

I *love* this blush. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I bought it BNIB from an MUAer and got it at a very good price, so I am extra happy. However, even if I paid full price, I would be happy, despite the price on this being higher than most blushes. However, there are more expensive blushes out there from companies like Chanel (I used to work for Chanel) that don't perform even half as well as this oneThe texture of this is incredible. I am not a fan of blush that "sits" on the skin and says "Hi, I am makeup, see me, feel me, touch me!". This blends in to your skin flawlessly, and the name Glo On is VERY appropriate, because it makes you do just that, you look like you are Glowing, rather than looking as if you just painted your face.

Silky smooth texture. Amazing color range. The packaging is sleek and see-through, which is great if you like being able to grab and go without having to check to see what you are grabbing for.

Another big plus for me is the ease with which the pan can pop in and out of the case and put in a palette (hint, peel back the label and use a push pin in the two small holes under the label). Very well designed.

This is overall a superb product.

on 3/20/2003 2:43:00 PM

I love mine. I already have a natural pink cheeck but still need some color on my blue day. There are soooo wide range of color that seem like I can try on forever. The color is not too over done. I pick mine with a slight of sparkling. :) Love it!!!

on 3/18/2003 1:53:00 PM

One of the best brand of blushes around - a bit pricey, but the color range and excellent quality more than make up for that single hitch.

Shu has such an extensive color range for glow-ons that one would be hard pressed to choose JUST ONE, so in effect I have several which give several effects. There are matte, pearl, and, sheer shimmer colors. I personally prefer the pearl and shimmer colors as these give less color deposit although can be layered as all the glow-ons have a good amount of pigment. The matte of course would be the more intense of the range, seconded by the pearl which is still highly pigmented but mixed with pearl pigments, then the sheer shimmers which again still have a lot of pigment but have a more shimmery/metallic effect thus making it seem less pigmented and apply more as a sheer shimmer wash of color.

A lot of the colors look very bright and intense in the case, but look different upon application. Some nice ones: Amber P83 is a baby pink, very light and barely gives a flush for those just beginning with blush; Amber M85 is great for countouring; Orange P53 is a shimmer wash of orange pink - very bright in the pan but gives you a great peach flush (same with Pink P36, but more on the pink side). Then you have Brown P76 - a great bronzer, and of course Wine P02 which is a dark plum riddled with gold which is highly pigmented because it is dark, and thus must be used with a deft hand. These glow-ons along with Nars blushes are on the top of my list for quality, color, and ease of application.

I am in blush-o-rama heaven. This is a nice, fine powder blush. I got mine in P Red 19D. It looks very red in the package, but on the skin it looks like a natural flush. I am pretty sure all the other colors are just as spectacular.

on 11/13/2002 1:27:00 PM

I'm in love! These blushes are highly pigmented, sleekly packaged gems. One swipe of the brush gives you enough color. I prefer that to layering, which can get cakey or heavy looking. Lasts all day on my combo skin (some blushes sink in and fade away, but not Shu!). Great color selection. Comes in tiny plastic package. No brush or mirror. That makes it very slim and portable, buy hard to reapply unless you have your tools and mirror. Luckily, the color wears so well, I don't need to reapply during a 9 hour day.

on 10/12/2002 11:02:00 AM

I was looking for a princess pink blush and I found it at Shu Uemera. I bought Pink 33B and it looks so light but it lasts forever and provides a PERFECT blushed pink colour. I am young so it looks amazing on me and makes me feel like a blushing bride. If I want a deeper colour I usually put Nars, the multiple in Antibes and then this colour!

on 8/17/2002 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Shu blushes have no hype around them but they are fantastic. I love the color selection and these are SO PIGMENTED, much more than for example NARS. They go on smoothly and they last forever on my oily skin. I agree with Dara, about the cool minimalist packaging, but clearly not for everyone. Takes up a lot less room in my make up bag than a bulky MAC blush.

on 7/16/2002 12:31:00 PM

amazing blush...it's highly pigmented, the color stays true, and a huge range of colors!

my fave by far.