MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream

MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream
Strobe CreamMAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

I bought 2 to fly into the Strobe age. It is a great moisturizer, but does give me a bit too much Strobe under my LM TM in certain areas. Best used on top of my TM where I want to strobe.

My Becca in Pearl (the liquid) does the same thing, costs $44 for a bottle that lasts me 2-3 years or more and is easier to use and I dispense into small containers for portability.

This MAC strobe is the same thing, can add the Becca to my moisturizer and Stobe all over.

I would try the Becca Pearl and use with your own moisturizer to prevent reactions and save $$$

on 3/20/2016 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

when I first purchased strobe cream it was after I had it applied to my face by a mac makeup artist. I absolutely loved the effect of the gleam glow it gave on the high points of my face and especially with the blush I had on my cheeks which was the mac style blush. So ever since then I have always purchased this product and probably always will, I think its best applied as a subtle hi lighter in the high points instead of an overall face moisturizer.

on 3/10/2016 12:38:00 PM

Can't believe this was responsible for the whole strobing trend. It doesn't deliver any sort of glow, never mind a strobe effect.

My skin felt soft, but then most moisturisers do that for it. I'm starting to think that all these so called higlighters only work in a great, well-lit studio!

on 1/29/2016 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

It has a list of quite promising ingredients: plant extracts and green tea etc. I have dry skin and this didn't do much for me. It's quite expensive and I have to say something about this product didn't suit me as I didn't feel hydrated with it. Im not the driest type, its actually normal/dry, so it is quite funny after few hours only I became dry already. The illuminating effect lasted an hour... Max. Won't repurchase this. I recommend avoiding Mac's skincare, I don't think it's their field nor worth the prices.

on 1/28/2016 8:36:00 PM

Strobe cream or liquid....garbage! Unless you have dry skin...live in the desert this nonsense will give you a greasy/white head filled face! Trust me on this, they may use this on shoots and I get that..it does light you .. but the pay off was horrible. I was, after about 4 hours on the phone with my dermatologist freaking out with all the white heads...she told me what to do .. I did it and then tossed this **** in the trash! SAVE YOUR MONEY! There are so many good illuminators out there e.g. Becca...Bare Minerals...you truly are better off getting lit from those!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My favorite way to wear this is mixed with concealer to sheer it out + add a glow to it. It's a light white cream with a pinky peach opal finish, it's very sheer and mixes perfectly into liquid foundation/concealer.

on 1/17/2016 9:48:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff. It's really the only reason why I still shop at MAC (because they aren't cruelty free) but I can't use foundation without using this stuff. I don't use it as a highlight/lotion, rather I use it as a mix to my foundation to give it a dewy finish and make it more blendable and I could probably mix rhe worst foundation ever made with this stuff and it would look beautiful! I haven't had any breakouts using it and it really just brings a new life to my foundations. I have an older bottle package of this as well, when it used to be in the pump, but honestly I just buy the new tubes and empty all the product into the pump bottle because I hate the packaging of the new tube.

I did a ton of research and reviewing before purchasing this, because I'm a broke college student, and it's $33...but I'm glad I did it. I really do like this product. It's literally a moisturizing highlighter that would look good on a lot of skin tones. I think this product is very different from typical highlighters because some can be very cakey and unnatural looking, but this is very smooth and gives your skin a radiant, healthy glow. I apply this under my foundation (after a primer) in the usual highlight areas on my face. I don't put the foundation directly over the strobe areas, so it still shines through beautifully. I love this product so much. The only thing I do not particularly like is the tube it comes in. It's hard to squeeze the perfect amount out; if you squeeze too much out, you can't suck it back in the tube, which kinda sucks. So just be cautious of that!

Let me preface this review by saying I'm pregnant and "hormonal", so my skin's reaction might be different under different circumstances. But I was so sooooo excited to use MAC's Strobe Cream, as the dry weather from this winter had been working my skin. I headed over to the MAC counter because I was looking to buy Studio Fix and Strobe Cream, but ended up also purchasing their Comfort face cream, the Pro Long Wear concealer and a bronzer as well. I was stooooked!

that night, I washed my face and used the comfort cream with no complaints. The first day, i used my new products with impressive results--only applied the strobe cream to the areas I wanted to highlight. The second day, I applied it all over my face on top of the Comfort Cream. I started a few little zits popping up on my chin, but usually breakouts in that are specifically related to hormones. The thing is, I haven't had one breakout since I got pregnant--only after using these products. And I'm on day, 4 or 5 and my chin is fully flared up and I have a lot of redness that was previously absent before. I'm going to try to isolate the culprit, but I have a feeling it's either the moisturizers or the concealer. Such a shame because the strobe cream really did make my skin look super dewy and silky! I felt really beautiful while wearing the product but unrecognizable once I removed it. Bummed!!

on 12/20/2015 8:53:00 AM

It's a great simple product; adds luminosity to the face, can be used as primer for foundation, mixed with foundation or applied as moisturiser before primer.
The product is a bit tacky upon application (and feels a bit too much sometimes) so I like to use it only in cool days/winter.