MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream

MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream
Strobe CreamMAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

i'm on my second bottle of this stuff, can I just point out the fact that it took me over a year to get through the first one, which is amazing considering how much i've used of it. I love dewy skin, and using this as a base, and even mixing it in with my foundation gives me that result. It also provides a really blend-able base for whatever foundation you're using as it just glides on perfectly. And a wee bit goes a long way, which is a definite pro.

The only thing i'd say with this strobe cream is that if you want to use this as a highlighter on top of your foundation, I would not recommend, as it can smudge your foundation and leave a mark, which is difficult to cover, and it isn't as pigmented as me personally would look for in an individual highlighter. Absolutely recommend for a base or foundation mixer.

on 1/8/2017 3:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Meh. It gave a subtle glow under foundation but it's not something I would purchase again because it didn't give me enough of a illuminated glow.

It was also a bit drying to me as well.

I also hate the bottle it comes in. It's in such a tough plastic container that it's hard to squeeze out the product.

I think overall that there are better illuminating products out there that can give you a beautiful glow than this one. It's just not great.

Just discovered this! I have the pale gold one and the peachy one and both are great! They moisturize well although I use them on top of another moisturizer and the instantly brighten up my skin without looking like sparkles or glitter! I use this on its own without foundation (just a bit of concealer) on an everyday basis and it makes me look fresh! I do prefer the golden one but the peach one works as well.
PROS:
- Natural but noticeable looking glow
- Not glittery
- Smooth and blendable
- Smells good
- Hydrating
- Glow lasts all day
CONS:
- Quite expensive
- Packaging is heavy, not practical to carry around

on 1/3/2017 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all, I wouldn't use this as a moisturizer. This is more of a liquid luminizer/highlighter. And it is awesome! I've layered it under foundation, mixed it with foundation, applied it on top after all my makeup, etc—all these methods create a nice glow for your face. The price may put you off, but it lasts a very long time (read: two years), since a little goes a long way.

Really dependable luminizer, and I highly recommend!

on 12/26/2016 6:59:00 PM

This stuff absolutely blew me away. I bought it mostly due to the hype and didn't really know what I would use it as -- a liquid highlighter? An undereye moisturizer? I ended up trying it as a makeup base and ohhhhh my gosh. Just one layer of this stuff on a clean face -- nothing else -- and my makeup stays for a full 12 hours without getting oily or needing to blot. I've never not needed to blot! It's a primer and moisturizer all in one, and perfectly luminizes the face without any shine or grease. 10/10.

I got a couple of samples when purchasing lipstick from MAC's website, and I use this in lieu of my other moisturizer.

I like the texture of it, as it's really light and smooth. It glides across my skin, and like others have mentioned it leaves a really nice glow on the skin. It may just be me, but it eases the application of foundation and/or concealer - more so than most moisturizers that I've used in the past. In my case, it practically eliminates the need for a primer.

I definitely plan on purchasing a full size bottle once the samples run out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Such a great makeup base, makes your skin look dewy and radiant without looking greasy and there are also no glitter in it which makes it natural on the skin. I have a normal to dry skin and it works great as a moisturiser as well, my skin is also pretty sensitive and this didn't break me out. It has a nice fresh scent that doesn't linger. Wouldn't recommend if you're looking for something that makes your makeup stay longer, it only really provides moisture and radiance.

on 12/21/2016 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oooh, I love this stuff! I got a tiny sample with a MAC order and I use it basically every day under my foundation. It adds a glowy, fresh, dewy look to the skin -- not glittery at all. It looks fantastic with anything on top, be it powder or liquid, or even just concealer and a bit of finishing powder for a more natural look. The consistency is light and doesn't make my normal skin oily, and I have not experienced any breakouts or skin problems. In fact, I have gotten many compliments on my "glowing" skin since I added this product to my makeup routine! Of note, this product has a scent: a faint one, but it's a bit of a sickly floral that happily doesn't linger. I will definitely be purchasing this product when my sample runs out...I'll likely buy multiple travel sizes from the MAC site because the full-size is huge and expensive.

on 11/15/2016 4:16:00 PM

Love this stuff. I have combo skin, so if I use this all over my face in the AM, I will look too oily, so I use it as an eye cream and on my cheekbones before my sunscreen. It makes my eye area look smooth and glowy/healthy and makeup applies very well on top. I used it all over my skin and it doesn't break me out. I have the original one, also recently I got the peach one from the new release, since I thought peach helps concealer under eye darkness. It is discretely peachy, but not overpowering. I will repurchase for sure, as an eye cream is very economical, lasts me a long time.

on 11/15/2016 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Man does this stuff make my skin GLOW! After a couple days of using this I caught myself in the mirror on a day when I had no makeup on and was like WOW my skin looks so good! It's not sparkling with glitter it just looked so healthy and glowy! No I can't tell a difference when I have a full face of makeup on, but it still a good moisturizing lotion that I wear everyday before I use primer. But my love is definitely those no makeup days that it does something that other things like Laura mercies randiance or guerlain light infusing primers never did. Def buy the travel size though, I bought the 1.7 oz that's I think is now like 32$ at Belk and took it back and got on macs site and ordered 2 1oz sizes for 20$, kind of a no brained!