MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream

MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream
Strobe CreamMAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 9/21/2018 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have had two of these highlighter samples for a few years now .They last forever!
I'm not sure what color I have it in but it's a lightweight lotion suitable for most skin tones. I use it on the cheekbones for a permanent sheen and it gives off a very dewy natural look.

The formula itself is really good too.
It uses mica, mineral sunscreen agents,lactic acid and mulberry root extract to brighten the skin.
It moistened the skin with emollients such as: linoleum acid, jojoba esters, and castor oil with cholesterol as a SII and Cholesterol as a SCC to boot!

It finishes off with the AI skullcap extract and antioxidants such as green tea,panethenol, green tea,vitamin B12, vitamin c, vitamin E , and vitamin D3! Something we all need a little extra of.

The downsides to this product is that it has a strong fragrance and seems to break people out.

This is also not cruelty free or vegan.

This product is amazing as a primer before makeup application. I have combo skin which can be very dry but can also become oily and acne prone. A total nightmare! No matter the condition of my skin this product works! It is hydrating and moisturizing, smoothing and provides the skin with a beautiful glow. Makeup application is improved 100% after using this. I would suggest letting it sit and absorb for 5 minutes or so before makeup application for best results.

I LOVE this stuff!

It makes my skin look superrrr glowy and plump.

I apply this on my face after moisturizer then with foundation i just apply mainly in areas that need help (redness on cheeks, my discoloration on my smile lines and a few acne spots) and it becomes the perfect glowy no makeup make up <3.

I dont think i’ll be able to put this down this summer!

10/10 would recommend to anyone with normal-dry skin. Not sure how this would work on oilier skin types.

on 5/11/2018 6:44:00 AM

Someone had recommended this as an under eye primer on the make up board. I had bought it yonkers ago- when I had great skin, sigh i.e. young skin- and didn't really know what to do with it then. Well, now I can't live without it! It really evens out my foundation and gives me a healthier look. It works great under eyes too as I feel it makes wrinkles seem less refined. I'm very happy with it and always use it before applying foundation. I apply it all over my face like I would my moisturiser as a last step, I usually skip moisturiser as my make up would slide off and give off a slight greasy appearance (but I moisturise extremely well before going to sleep, I slather on cream and a face oil) so, I only use MAC strobe during the day before make up time and it works great for my dry skin. I bought the trial size and it has lasted me for months!

I have this in “pinklite”. It doesn’t translate pink on my skin(NC 20-25). I have quite oily skin so I really don’t need glow for all over the face. I love using this as a natural highlighter on the top of my cheekbones. It’s subtle but very polished looking. It gives glow but doesn’t have shimmer in it. It also stays put and it’s easy to apply it even on top of powder. I’m happy that I have this in my collection.

on 4/16/2018 3:41:00 PM

I have shades “ Silverlite “ and “Pinklite” and I love them both!! For £25 you get plenty of product ( I had one for nearly a year and still not ran out). Best when mixed with foundation or moisturiser , under foundation or even on top as a natural highlight. When I wear this I get many compliments about how glowing my face is ( it’s not blinding just a healthy glow). Would buy again

on 1/30/2018 10:02:00 AM

Ph this is a keeper. I got the silver shade and am in love.
It makes my dull flat face look alive, yay!
This works wonders under a mattish foundation (YSL all hours)
and gives a very subtle glow....you can't see the silver
but it definitely makes a difference.

It's a very cool tint, but seems to work fine for my yellowish
warm-tilting Asian skin tone, highly recommend especially during the
drab dry winter season.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I use it either as a primer-moisturizer (in between cleansing and foundation application) to make foundation look dewier, mix it with foundation to make it slightly lighter, or as a highlighter. It definitely has a pink-white tone on my NC25-30 skin.

I use this because I have it, but I prefer the Becca spotlight liquid highlighter over this for the same purposes. This is slightly oily, yet not moisturizing, and doesn't make my skin look smooth or glowy in a good way like others have described it. On my bare skin it looks dry, yet oily. It makes foundation looy patchy. (That could be related to some skin issues I'm having lately, but the Becca highlighter does not do this). Will not repurchase.

on 1/12/2018 8:35:00 AM

The moment I put on this strobe cream, I fell in love. It gave my skin this subtle glow when worn underneath my foundation and I was incredibly happy, until a week later. Now my skin is not prone to breakouts, but after I started using this product, I began to notice little bumps all over my face. Since I didn't change anything else from my skincare/makeup, I knew it had to be the strobe cream causing this problem. Had to let this product go, though it breaks my heart.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh this is lovely. I never gave a second thought to using an illuminating lotion even though I have dry skin but winter has hit along with the flu and my almost 40 year old skin is showing wear. It looks dull, dry and pale, not exactly a look I want.
I put in an order to Mac and picked pinklite as my free sample, I figured since I've tried all the other samples why not. I tried it the day after I received it and it made such a difference under my makeup, It was subtle and natural. It moisturized my skin without making it greasy or causing cystic acne or an irritation rash. My skin is quite sensitive these days so I rarely try new products out of fear. This is a winner though and I'm sure I'll purchase a bottle in the future.
Oh and the fragrance didn't bother me one bit.