Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer - Beige

Concealer - BeigeConcealer - BeigeConcealer - BeigeConcealer - Beige

4.4

on 9/23/2004 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite product in my makeup collection. By far the best, long-lasting eye concealer I've ever used. I normally wouldn't advocate spending this much on concealer but this product is worth it. **UPDATE** I've still been using this and in fact, I purchased the same concealer in ivory for when my skin becomes lighter in the winter. I cannot stress how important it is to use some form of moisturizer before you use it. Some reviewers criticize the product for being too "drying". It WILL BE drying if you don't have anything emollient to grab onto the product. Although pricey, Cle de Peau has a underlying corrector that works wonders with the concealer.

Very nice concealer, and worth the $. A little goes a VERY long way, so I don't expect I'll have to repurchase this any time in the next few years. :) I took one lippie off because it does tend to slide just a bit, but now I wear it over my Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid foundation and it doesn't budge.

on 7/5/2004 8:31:00 PM

Hands down, this is the best concealer I've ever used. I never put too much faith in hype--and I went to the CdP counter as a skeptic, but honestly, I'm in love with this product. It covers dark circles, hides blemishes, and the texture just sort of melts into your skin (you do want to moisturize your undereye first though). I apply this way: I swipe the tube twice on the back of my hand so that it heats up a bit, then use my fingers to dab under my eyes. Then, I take my concealer brush and use it to spot cover. Oh, and it actually lasts--really. In the past I've used: Dior, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, BeneFit, Clinique, etc. and they do not even compare. ****UPDATE**** 1/1/06: just wanted to say that my first tube last TWO YEARS! so while this is VERY expensive, it lasts forever . After I ran out of this a few months ago, I decided to try a new concealer to save money--I think I went through four or five different brands. Again, none of them compare to CdP, so I repurchased and am very happy with it.****UPDATE AGAIN 09/10/06: White I still think this is a good concealer, I'm now using Cargo's OneBase and I like it better. It's much creamier with the same amount of coverage.... CdP is somewhat tempermental and if you're not SUPER moisturized, it cakes a bit. Just thought I'd share...

on 6/23/2004 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm undecided on this product. I think you really have to work on putting it on the right way. I originally bought this for my hair dresser because she says she has really dark circles. She loved it so I thought I would try it. The best way to put it on is to put some on the back of your hand so it can warm up and then put in on with a small brush onto mousturized skin. It did look like it went into the fine lines but I'm going to work with it a bit more. The color was pretty good.

on 3/3/2004 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the most expensive concealer I have ever used (almost $70 USD). But, this product is so worth it. It's my favorite undereye concealer! After reading about it in various magazines, I had to check it out. I bought mine almost 2 years ago and it's still perfect.

The texture is very silky when applied, but dries to a powder finish. Remember that less is more.

If you have bad undereye circles, run (don't walk) to buy it!

on 2/15/2004 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the only concealer I use, the others all went directly into the trash. Highly pigmented and creamy in texture, it provides a great coverage, not greasy, non drying, doesn't cake and blends well into skin with or without foundation. Beige is perfect for my face color but it's a not the right color for my undereye circles and it appears to be rather greyish. I'll buy another tube in Ivory which has a more yellowish undertone and see if that helps balancing out the greyness. Apply directly from the tube, one glide under each eye is all you need and then gently PAT the product in, the warmth of the fingers help the concealer to adhere better.

At last, it seems like the quest of the perfect concealer is over... for now at least.