Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer - Beige

Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer - Beige
Concealer - BeigeConcealer - BeigeConcealer - BeigeConcealer - Beige

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A very good concealer indeed, at least if you can find a good colour match. There are only three colours available: ivory, beige and ochre. The texture is really very good, great coverage without the heavy look - it really erases the circles under your eyes! It is a bit on the drier side, so creasing is no issue. If your skin is dry, however, you need to prep with a good moisturizer, preferably something silky rather than greasy.
I have purchased my tube in Fall 2005 at Neiman Marcus ($68 + tax back then, talk about expensive!!!) and I still have more than half of the product left. I did not use it daily as the colour was too yellow on its own, I wore it only with foundation or tinted moisturizer. I am quite pale and every SA reached for the palest colour - Ivory. But I should have purchased the Beige which has more rosy undertones and blends better with my colouring. And besides the exuberant cost, this is my major issue with this concealer: the choice of colours, or the lack thereof.
Since then I have switched to Prescriptives Flawless Skin Total Protection Concealer in Warm Level 2. It is for all practical purposes as good as the Cle de Peau concealer, costs only a fraction ($25) and has a nice palette to choose from.
In short, very good concealer if you can find a good colour match. Try all colours before you purchase (Ivory and Beige are very similar in intensity and could work for moderately fair to light-medium skin, Ochre is for light to medium skin). If you LOVE it, don't let the price intimidate you. The price is very high, but the product will last quite a long time (I would say 2 years with daily use), and $35 a year for no circles under your eyes is a bargain!
As for me, I won't repurchase Ivory. Right now I am happy with my Prescriptives Flawless Skin Total Protection Concealer, but if I had the money to burn (and a Cle de Peau counter in the area) I'd consider getting one in Beige.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

After using this for a while, I think I can announce that my serach for undereye concealer is over unless there is a formula change with this one.

To start with, I have serious dark circles at the inner eye corner and a little line under my eye, which I got both since I was a kid. I didn't realize that until I looked at the photos I took. :\ Note that I'm still in my early 20s. SIGH.

To cut the journey searching for the HG concealer short, I tried the creamy-looking concealer from BB as I read up all the good reviews, but unfortunately, that disappointed me for being sooo drying and I was kind of scared to splurge that much for an undereye concealer. I tried Bourjois's Imperfection Concealer which both shades didn't work for me, also the liquid concealer from Sofina Raycious, which wore off completely in 10 mins even with powder! Then I tried Lola's concealers (both creme compact and liquid) - they covered pretty nicely but still not completely and might accentuate my line after some time or simply wear off. Then I tried YSL's Touche Eclat and for sure, that is an highlighter. Bummer. After that, I tried Chanel's Eclat Lumiere, which is better than the YSL one in terms of coverage but when there's not enough light, the light-reflecting particles won't work well and duh - there I see my dark circles again! Finally, I came to this after I went through the struggle for the price tag.

This looks freaking drying in the tube though it isn't really the case. But for sure, you still need an eye cream or serum under this. I usually let my skin care stuffs sunk in before I apply my m/u. I don't need to use much for this as well, for this is quite opaque. I dab some concealer along the darkest "line" of my under eye area with my brush at the eye corner and "drag" it out a bit with the brush or simply "smudge" the concealer stick onto the darkest part and then pat it out with my ring finer if I am lazy or in a hurry and YAY - evil dark circles are gone. I find dabbing the concealer on with a dragging out motion (hope this makes sense) is the key, well, at least for me. A second layer can be added if you think the coverage is not enough, but never start with too much concealer as you will end up with cakey undereye areas. Trust me as I tried that already.

As a side note, I set the concealer with my Lola pressed powder, but it didn't go so well as the line under my eye appeared after a few hours. I tried the Secret Brightening Powder from Laura Mercier. I think the LM powder and CdP concealer are made to be a pair! LOL. This powder sets the concealer without allowing my line to appear only after half a day w/o any touch-up. That powder is shimmery for reflecting the light, which is good too. Being lazy, I would just use the Chanel loose powder - this works ok - not as good as LM's but better than Lola's. I guess dusting like is better than swiping the powder on too. When I'm not wearing any foundation but concealer alone, I don't really need to set it with a powder. I hv not tried this with the foundation as erm, I like to set my liquid fdt with powder.

Not only I can use this for my dark circles, I also use this for blemishes on my face like the acne scars or so. However, this doesn't cover red marks very good and for such purpose - may need a green corrector under this. I even tried this on a small, red open sore - yes, I know I'm bad - this covered natrually as if there was a small dot only after half a day.

Finally a dual-purpose concealer for me though Beige is actually darker than my skintone. FYI, I'm using Chanel's Teint Innocence liquid in #10 Albatre (intensity 0.5)/ CdP's liquid in I10/ She Uemura Face Architect liquid in #774 . I can actually use this in Ivory or Beige - but just Beige is a tad more pinkish than Ivory. When blended, beige is just more pinkish and a tad darker. Beige blends in better when I was using O10 of their liquid foundation, but not I10. Ivory blends in better when I use the I10 right now. I can use both shades when I'm not wearing any foundation.

As for the price, this is really expensive esp for a college student like me. But I think the price worths it - considering the quality and quantity you get from CdP. This is highly likely to be the concealer that I will actually finish it - I have never finished any of my concealers as I was always on the search for the HG - I either sell them or swap them, or even worse, throw them out.

Thanks for reading my long rave for this concealer and now, you may seriously consider to hand out your money for this concealer, for I am sure I will do this again. LOL.

on 10/17/2008 7:01:00 PM

I got CDP concealer "Beige" from Ebay. It costs about $65.00 which includes shipping. I am so happy for the quality and color which Beige is matched my skin tone perfectly. I have Stephane Marias in #4which is too dark and #2 is too light.Now, I found my HG concealer. For reference, I wear Cdp cream foundation O20

on 9/6/2008 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this concealer! It's so expensive, but so worth it, in my opinion. This applies smoothly and never creases or settles into fine lines. Plus, it covers like no other - blemishes, dark circles, hyperpigmentation, you name it!

I really recommend it!

Note: I'm a NC20-25, and this is a perfect shade for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This covers very well and does not settle into fine lines. I do think this would work best to cover blemishes, because I think a peach toned concealer works best for under eye circles. This would probably work well for someone that does not have really dark under eye circles. I wish they would come out with something more peach, then I would buy it again for sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was in love with the Shu Uemura concealer by the time I look on the reviews on MUA and discover this one. I have to buy it immediately. Well I am so glad I did as this is extremely good one. I am a person who can leave without other make up but not without concealer.I have really bad dark circles and all my life I used concealer.So I really try nearly all in the market. This covers extremely well all the circles and is also very good for any face blemishes or marks. Is creamy and VERY long lasting. Even in super hot summer when all other make up is going wrong this stay. I really don't care IF this product have Kaolin in (some MUAer mention that), but i do care that cover ALL i want to hide on my face.
Trust me you cant go wrong with this one and yes is one of the BEST.I dont think I will go back to any other. The color Beige is absolutely perfect for my NC 20/25.I also order in Ivory so I will update about the color. Definitely winner.
UPDATE.I have now and the # Ivory. The Beige is absolutely identical to my skin. BUT i do like & prefer the Ivory for my eyes as is lighter color (not too much ) and is looking better for me. If you are NC 20/25 and costume to wear same color for your eyes & face. then you are better with the Beige color.
UPDATE / After using this 3 months now i can definitely say that Shu Uemura Pro Concealer is longer lasting on the end of the day and don't need re-apply as CDP do.Still very good concealer but my HG is Shu Uemura.

on 5/12/2008 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first review on MUA, but I am compelled to write after benefitting from others' comments. I have congnital dark circles and fine lines under my 60-year-old eyes. I have suffered with the BB system (ugh, sinks into every line), Armani (ok, but disappears after several hours), and others that didn't work at all. I found CP after reading about it on MUA, chose beige as a wild guess (I'm 6.5 in GA sculpting cream foundation). After playing around with various techniques, I have found a perfect method for me and would like to pass along what I learned (which mostly reiterates what others have said). The whole secret is how you apply it! Here's what I do to create a well-concealed, smooth undereye, no sinking into fine lines, no caking, stays all day. (1) Bobbi Brown hydrating eye cream on naked undereye area, let it sink in a little but not completely; the cream should be visible when you apply CP concealer on top. Sometimes, instead of naked undereye, I apply PC's superantioxidant gel first...doesn't seem to take away from the good results. (2) With middle finger, tap the top of the concealer to pick up a little bit of product, then tap my middle finger around under-eye area. Tap gently with fourth or baby finger until it disappears. It will initially merge with the eye cream and look funny, but just keep tapping lightly. It will disappear with a few more taps. When I applied with a concealer brush, I put on too much concealer and it accentuated lines, became cakey, and looked disgusting. Also, when I applied after BB eye cream had completely set, the concealer settled into lines. (3) Set with LM Secret Brightening Powder #2.

on 4/25/2008 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

If I had to pick one item I could take while stranded this would be it. Yes it is expensive and I have tried numerous other concealers only to disappointed with its staying power and coverage, I have this in Ochre and I am a NC 20-25, CDP 020. I do not use this for under eye but as a concealer for the redness and scars on my face, it works and is long lasting on my oily skin. I have yet to be disappointed in a CDP product and I can see why this gets voted one of the best concealers every year.

on 4/18/2008 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Where have *you* been all my life cdp? I ordered this very recently after succumbing to the raves on the board. I've been troubled by very dark blue/purple circles under my eyes since I was a child. Genetic and very unfortunate. I've tried MUFE lift & full cover, MAC peach corrector, and Benefit Bo-ing in Medium. Benefit had been my HG due to the incredible shade match but it lacked some staying power and creased a bit. I was hesitant to spend an arm and a leg on a concealer but when you've been plagued w/ such dark circles you reach a point where you're willing to try (and pay for) almost anything. I got this in beige after considering reviews for my shade. Perfect match for my NC-25ish skintone(MAC). I'm shell (30) in Chanel T.I.

It's not always worth your while to follow the crowd in the real world but in the makeup world...stop and listen to raves. Sometimes items truly are worth the hype. This is definitely an instance of that. I had high expectations for this product due to all all I read and I was not disappointed.

Incredibly overpriced and out of my budget but it did what it promised to do...for that I will re-purchase until it's out of production. :-) It really made my dark circles disappear. It hasn't creased and is demonstrating wonderful staying power. I read some complain it was too dry for use. I have combo skin and don't find it too dry in the least. I cleanse and moisturize my face prior to applying though as that is always my skincare routine.

One of a kind product IMO and I wouldn't hesitate to rec to anyone with chronic dark circles. Retails for $68.00

*I've checked out my makeup/complexion when passing by mirrors today and have done a double take everytime simply due to my dark circles being camoflauged so well!*

on 4/6/2008 2:56:00 PM

Started using this in October after lots of convincing from the SA but so many people have said it's the best out there so I decided to try it despite the high price tag. This is indeed a great concealer but you have to moisturize first otherwise it will ook dry and cakey. I tried to use it without my regular eye cream to see and it looked horrible but once I put on eye cream, it was so different. I swipe the concealer onto my ring finger to warm it up and then tap it onto my circles so that it melts. After a few swipes and tapping to cover my entire eye, the circles are gone! I found when I swipe it on my skin directly I do not get the same results, too much product perhaps. Its worked better for me by warming it first. I do swipe directly to spots where I have blemishes and that works fine. Great product for me and actually when I looked at the weight of this to do price comparison to YSL concealer, CDP is 2 or 3 times heavier so the cost is actually about the same.