Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer - Beige

Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer - Beige
Concealer - BeigeConcealer - BeigeConcealer - BeigeConcealer - Beige

4.4

The best concealer, hands down. If you're looking for the creme de la creme of concealers, look no further. This is an emollient, opaque stick base that manages to hide my under eye circles and blemishes with no problem, no dryness or issues with fading. The only thing I have to comment on is that you will DEFINITELY need to set this once applied...it can smudge off if not properly set with powder. Other than that, it is a godsend and worth the $75+ price tag. This replaced my beloved Kevyn Aucoin Surreal Skin Enhancer, which was just way too thick (but provided even more coverage!)

on 6/28/2011 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely dark hereditary circles, and this concealer actually makes them go away! The magic is that it is pigmented enough and opaque enough to hide circles while using only the lightest layer, so it blends better with the skin, doesn't crease (since there's hardly any product on) and looks natural. It is creamy enough to go on smoothly over an eye cream (though not moisturizing enough to use without eye cream), and comes in a convenient and travel-friendly stick format. I am usually the lightest or second-lightest foundation shade, but I still use "beige" because the salmon undertones look more natural on me. I found the shades to be very adaptive despite the heavy coverage. My only gripe is that it can look a bit dry by end-of-day. I like to tap it on with my finger or use a brush. This concealer is truly in a league of its own--I didn't know concealer could perform this well. If you have severe dark circles like me and have given up on finding a good product, this is actually worth the $70 or so.

on 6/10/2011 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Edit 3 July 2011: Upon closer inspection and more thorough usage, the shade is a little pink on me... CDP should really consider making more color choices, seriously!

**Review is for the Japanese version (or older version, not sure... my mom got it in Japan not too recently) where the tube packaging is a rectangular prism (and not a cylinder like the pics). Shade is a bunch of Japanese that I can't read followed by "10". I swatched it and compared with the normal shades that my cle de peau counter had and this is pretty much the same as Beige as far as I could tell.***

First off, I'm lucky enough to get this for free as my mom's hand-me-down where she only used 3mm of the product. Yay!!!

But I did look at the price at my local HK department store and it's a whopping 600HKD!! OMG!!! Checked at nordstrom.com and it's 70USD...! So although I said that I would buy this product again, I'm hoping this one stick will last me a lifetime...

The Product itself:
- So creamy. Melts right in. Dreamily creamy yet WEIGHTLESS and doesn't feel cakey at all.
- Color matches perfectly. At first I was scared it'd be too pink for my NC25-30 skintone, but it really blends!!
- Good for both undereye circles AND** acne (as well as acne scars, exhibit A right here). I used to use a more lighter, pinker concealer for my eyes and a yellow-er one for my acne. For some reason this concealer kicks both of their butts which is great for me! :)
- Love the packaging. Twist up tube so I don't have to fiddle with wands (the concealer containers that resemble lipgloss) because I have to dot them on the back of my hand anyway. For this concealer, I softly swipe a bit back and forth (once) on the back of my hand, cap it, and work with that small amount.
- So easy for touch-ups during the day. Easy packaging, can easily be used with fingers, and oh-so-portable.

Cons: Price. Ouch my wallet!

Bottom line: if you can afford it, get it.SOOOOO get it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This really is the best concealer EVER. First off, I love the convenience of the stick. It is so easy to just toss into my clutch or makeup bag for easy touch ups. Second, this stuff blends effortlessly into skin. I just do a quick swipe under each eye...and blend. It is SO easy. Third, the color (Beige) is the ideal shade for under my eyes. It brightens without giving me that fake, obvious, concealer look (you know what I am talking about!!!). Last, I don't have horrible circles, but I definitely need coverage. This is the perfect consistency. It is light enough to look natural, but still covers. **Also, this doesn't settle into creases like other concealers. I fortunately don't have a lot of lines under my eyes, but this stuff didn't even crease on my eyelids. It is wonderful, all around. I will rebuy. It is worth the pricetag for me.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It blends in PERFECTLY with my skin tone. It does not cake or crease no matter how long I wear it (12 hours is the longest thus far.) You don't need to use very much at all to get full coverage so a little goes a very long way.

It is pricey, but you do not need to use very much and so it will last a long time. Great product and I will definitely be buying it again.

on 2/15/2011 11:21:00 PM

I purchased this as a reward to myself for accomplishing something. It cost me a very pretty penny and I have to say I wasn't wowed by it. It's really creamy but I found it caked on me. I'm using it on my face and it's good but really for the price it should be incredible. And for some people it seems it is, but not for me. Another weird thing is the instructions say to use the stick on your face but it really doesn't work as well. I took the make up artist's suggestion and take some with my finger and apply. I'm using Laura Merciers secret concealer ( the single pot one) and I find for my under eyes it works better for me.

on 2/12/2011 7:08:00 PM

I have natural creases under my eye on top of it being naturally dry in that area so many other concealers I've tried before either creases or flakes up after a short period of wear. Especially now that it's winter, dry skin is a big concern with products going over my dry zones. Having had so many problems with concealers in the past, I've practically given up on them and have just let my blemishes and couple of broken capillaries hang out on their own. But after reading so much about this product I had to give it a try.

Firstly, the best way to apply this product is with the tips of your fingers to warm it up a little so it'll be easily spreadable/blendable. Secondly, the SA at Neiman Marcus told me the trick to having it last throughout the day and looking like a second skin is to apply it while your moisturizer/eye cream/primer hasn't completely set. Using her advice, in lieu of waiting the usual 5-10 minutes after moisturizer, sunblock and primer I patted the beige concealer in around my eyes, nose and spotted it onto my blemishes. It wasn't an absolute coverage but my face looked like I was doing the right things to my body for the past month straight. That was more than I could ask for and everything I wanted in a concealer.

I have really terrible under eye dark circles, and I have wasted so much money on concealers in the past that either don't work or make me look older than I am. So, I just go without concealer. That is, until I discovered this! It is silky and perfect. A little bit, and my dark circles are gone! The SA applied it over the CLP anti-dark circle eye cream and the combination is perfect.

on 12/10/2010 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this concealer. It has been the best so far to cover my very deep under eye circles. It blends very well and doesn't emphasize my fine lines. I'm a NC 30 and the makeup artist recommended the color beige for me which really looks good.

I've tried the sample and found that it doesn't really cake up on my eyebags, especially if I moisturised well. The colour is quite suitable and I barely need to add foundation or BB cream to blend it. As for filling in scars and covering acne spots, it does a pretty decent job. I like it better than other concealers for its texture and coverage. Thus far in comparison, I've recently tried Make Up Store's Cover All Mix concealor (cakes up), Laneige's Snow Crystal Foundation's concealor (not enough coverage) and Skin Food's Rice Concealor (not thick enough and needs foundation/BB cream to blend, but does an okay job). Will finish the sample and get the full-sized.