RCMA No Color Powder

3.8

Talc, silica

on 7/11/2016 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this hyped up product due to youtube. It was recommended instead of the LM powder that is a lot more expensive. After sitting on a waiting list for a couple of months I was finally able to get my hand on it. I have been using it for a couple of months now and here are my thoughts on this product:

Pros:
great price!
good all over setting product
No color
Great for all skin tones as a setting powder
A little goes along way

Cons:
Packaging
Does not control oil (but it is not advertised as oil controlling)
Not good for under eye baking (left a white cast that looked ashy on my dark under eyes, even with color correcting)
works great with a brush or beauty blender

I will continue to use it as an all over setting powder, do not feel the need to repurchase, since I don't think I will ever run out! I cannot compare to the LM powder since I have never tried it. I will continue to use my Ben Nye Banana Powder for baking my under eye concealer.

This is great for setting your foundation as it won't darken the shade you already have on. But I won't repurchase because this is a very popular product, it is hyped all over youtube and as a result it's always sold out whenever I try to rebuy online. I'm now using Chanel loose powder instead.

on 6/5/2016 6:06:00 AM

One of those "YouTube" made me do it. So I was watching Wayne Goss go on and on about this powder and decided to purchase this to bake and set makeup. It is great! Finely milled and doesn't leave a white cast. Best of all, it's cheap! Highly recommend!

on 5/19/2016 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very good loose powder. It applies white on the skin initally but after a few mins it goes colorless and completely undetectable on the skin. Not the most longlasting powder ive worn and it certainly doesnt have the best oil control properties but still a very good everyday powder. A worthy purchase.

on 5/15/2016 12:28:00 AM

I was finally able to get my hands on this when CRC restocked. I purchased mine in the 1oz size since i doubt i'd be able to make a dent in the smaller size let alone the 10oz!!

This powder contains 2 ingredients: talc and silica - that's it.

The power itself is very finely milled and feels like silk! It doesn't really have much oil control, which is fine for me since my skin is more on the dry side. This powder does look invisible on the skin. It helps my skin look flawless all day and night without adding any cakey-ness to it. I don't find that it helps to minimize pores though.

The packaging looks like a spice shaker - very simple/basic. I empty some out into a small container and use from there so I don't contaminate the whole product. I have cute containers to re-purpose so it's win-win for me =D

It's an awesome product for a very reasonable price. Around $12CAD. I also read somewhere that RCMA hand makes all these powders which is why it takes so long for websites to re-stock!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This works pretty well but the talc in this makes me wanna itch my face off. Not to mention my whole face breaks out in horrible rash. I don't even have a sensitive skin. Very unfortunate.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been thinking for a while of getting the Laura Mercier invisible loose setting powder but was detained because of the price. I saw a review on this one on YouTube and I ordered it immediately. It is very affordable, it is 3 ounces and retails for about $11. It is finely milled, it lasts all day, it is easy to apply, and my skin looks dewy. I use it to bake and immediately I notice the results specially in pictures. I apply it with my damp beauty blender and I am good to go. I will try the Laura Mercier eventually but right now I am really happy with this product.

on 3/21/2015 12:20:00 AM

my go to powder for normall to dry skin types

it doesnt cake regardless of how thick i pat it on the skin. sets cream foundations well. doesnt change the color of foundation. skin feels velvety smooth. looks very natural, daytime or night time. perfect for flash photography.

con: not for oily skin types.

it comes in a very cheap looking shaker type container, i transfer mine in a sifter that looks like bare minerals container (bought at nigels) and now it looks a high end product.

5/5

update 7/2016

this is still my HG powder - be it daily wear, glam or fantasy makeup look. I bought the tub size for 20 dollars i think. A good deal.

on 12/28/2014 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This powder sets my foundation wonderfully, never looks powdery, doesn't settle into wrinkles, and looks natural. Plus for the size of the powder the price is dirt cheap.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought the 10oz RCMA powder for $20 on Camera Ready Cosmetics. Although I said that I'd purchase the item again, I think I might have enough product to last my entire life (well if I wasn't so clumsy and didn't spill it everywhere). I am a woman of color, and I haven't had any problems with strange color casting with this powder. I usually apply it with a velour powder puff over my foundation and knock off any excess with a fluffy powder brush. I makes my makeup last hours longer without looking greasy, creasy, or cakey. The packaging of the 10oz jar is very basic, not great, in fact I tend to dump it everywhere, when I put it in a smaller (more easy to use) container. Even when I consider only the amount that I am left with "post-spillage" it's still a steal. I recommend trying this one