bareMinerals lip gloss

No Image

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got the lip gloss in Garden. I love this color. It made my lips look luscious and sexy in a natural way. However it does not stay on for long. That is a big downside and I was disappointed. If there is a way to make it stay longer I would definitely purchase it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

BE is such a great line but their lipglosses fall far short of their other products. The mint scent and tingly sensation are somewhat irritating and the texture is just too thin to last on the lips. I have several of these but I just don't reach for them that often due to the scent.
*update*
they have started getting rid of the scent but i think these tend to go bad fast.

on 1/1/2006 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Eh. Not impressed. I prefer the MAC lipglasses, the staying power is MUCH better and the color payoff is great, too.

on 12/16/2005 3:09:00 PM

I love the color(i have wearable wine, which makes my lips look like I just feasted on fresh blood, hehe) & the mintyness, but I have mixed feelings about this gloss. the texture is very thin & almost oily, which I normally HATE( I'm a huge fan of thick, sticky glosses), however this seems to stay on well & last decently. BUT- it bleeds like crazy all over the place which just sucks ass. I'm probably going to try to find some sort of anti feahering product to use with this. its overpriced IMO, but seeing as this gloss is almost identical to one I had several years ago that was discontinued, ill probably repurchase.

on 11/27/2005 9:59:00 AM

I got Sweet Pink in a sample tube and the first thing I noticed was the smell!!! ick! this stuff smells awful. Usually I dont care what gloss smells like, but this is horrific! The actual gloss itself is a plain color that does not do much for me. The only thing I like about it is that it applys great and makes my lips softer. I would not buy this product again because of the smell and it costs too much for a slint tint of color.

on 11/16/2005 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in "Sweet Pink" after my friend suggested it. I got this lip gloss on Nov. 8th, and now it's Nov. 16th and I'm over half way through! It's a big tube, too. Goes to show how much I love it. It's a pink/pearly gloss that's not too sticky, lasts quite a while, and is scent-less. It totally conditions my lips, while making them plump and gorgeous looking! I bought a second tube, and will continue to buy them until they quit making "Sweet Pink"!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the color garden and I wasnt impressed with BE's lip gloss. It doesnt matter what anyone says lip glosses are slightly sticky. This color is very sheer and very natural looking. I was disappointed since i was hoping to see more color rather than looking too sheer. Not sure if i would buy it again since its too sheer and doesnt last that long on the lips and for the price its not worth it. Almay's lip glosses are cheaper and you can see the color with shine.

on 9/16/2005 10:40:00 PM

I never was a gloss fan until I tried BE, and now I am hooked and my collection is growing. I find the texture light, yet it stays on. My lips stay moist. I usually wear the gloss over a BE lipliner and the colour stays true between the two of them, most of the day, with the occasional touch ups. No offending scents nor taste. Nice, true colour that looks natural and pretty.

My current favourites are: Classic, Reef, Gossamer, Glee, & Spice.

on 5/12/2005 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in sheer violet which is a cool-toned violet/pink shade. Absolutely gorgeous colour for cool PPP gals.

I adore the feel of this: smooth and shiny without being sticky or gooey. I'm not normally a gloss girl, but this stuff has made me a convert - seriously the best I've ever tried. Makes my lips appear moist & plump and also passes the ultimate test: my hair doesn't stick to it on a windy day.

My one complaint is with the packaging. For some reason that I can't figure out, my gloss tube leaks - I always seem to get a large blob of gloss that collects where the metal cap meets the plastic cylinder. I've tried storing my tube upright/upside down, & wiping excess off the wand, but nothing works. I can't take my gloss anywhere with me because its guaranteed to leak!

I'm hoping this is just an anomaly & not typical, as I'm anxious to try more colours.

on 3/31/2005 5:16:00 PM

I have this in popsicle. The color is wonderful. It makes my lips look like they've just been seriously kissed.