bareMinerals lip gloss

No Image

3.4

I found the Bare Escentuals lip glosses to be too sticky and thick. Their staying power is very minimal I expected a lot more from this product, especially with the 14 dollar price tag.

on 3/7/2007 8:59:00 AM

I use BE's eye shadows and foundations, and like them both. But their glosses are just terrible. They look gorgeous when you look at them in their tubes, which sparked my mom and I to purchase a couple of them to try out. Not only do they not go on well, but they all look the same, and the coverage is rotten. If you want a good lip gloss, try Christian Dior glosses.

on 2/8/2007 1:27:00 AM

Love their powders, hate their lip gloss. The color I purchased was totally the same color as my lips, but there was hardly any sheen to it. Doesn't last past a cup of coffee either. Kind of a waste if you ask me. Also, the wand acts like it is almost gone, but the tube looks full, like it is trying to fool me or something.

on 1/21/2007 7:52:00 PM

I'm a lip gloss addict. Bare Escentuals gloss in Purr is my new obsession! The color looks so dark in the tube but is completely flattering. I only gave 4 lippies b/c I wish it would stay on a little longer. It's not sticky, greasy, and it doesn't smell bad - I would definately buy it again.

This smells and tastes terrible! I can't stand putting this on my lips- blech!

Okay, so I only have two shades of BE lip gloss- Friendship and Gossamer, but I am really happy with them. Most lip glosses are too much, I find... too sticky, too shiny to the point of scary, too easy to rub off. These aren't sticky at all, provide the right about of shine, and stay on just as well as their incredibly sticky counterparts. I plan on stocking up on more.

on 10/21/2006 6:53:00 PM

These lip glosses are just average, if that. First, the packaging is very blah to me(plain tube with a silver applicator/lid). Second, the staying power is only so, so with these. Third, the colors are totally yawn worthy. They offer no unique or stand out colors! Overall, I recommended buying your lip gloss somewhere else. My favorite brands are MAC, Nars, and Bobbi Brown.

on 8/19/2006 4:57:00 PM

I have a countless number of these glosses. They are all very pretty. I have recently been wearing Gossip frequently. It cracks me up when people complain that glosses don't last that long. Duh. It's a slippery, moist product, that's what gives it that lovely look. All glosses are. Some may be thinner or tackier (meaning stickier!) than others, but I doubt there will ever be a gloss that could be classified as "long wearing"

on 7/21/2006 9:03:00 PM

If you own one shade of lip gloss from Bare Escentuals, you own them all! THEY ALL LOOK ALIKE. I kept ordering them hoping to find one with color, after thirty + tubes, I gave up. The next time BE comes on QVC, notice the models as they demonstrate the different shades on their lips, You literally can't tell one from the other! Very "OLD SCHOOL." Try Prescriptives Moonbeam if you crave color with class!!

I loved BE's gloss several years ago, but since then they seem to have reformulated and went from a lovely soft gloss to a sticky icky gloss. I hate sticky gloss and was so upset to discover the change. Maybe this makes it last longer, I don't know, I have to sipe it off within minutes of putting it on cause the sticky glue feeling is just too much for me. If they brought back the formula they had a couple years ago, this would be my favorite gloss in the world.