bareMinerals lip gloss

No Image

3.5

This smells and tastes terrible! I can't stand putting this on my lips- blech!

on 1/21/2007 7:52:00 PM

I'm a lip gloss addict. Bare Escentuals gloss in Purr is my new obsession! The color looks so dark in the tube but is completely flattering. I only gave 4 lippies b/c I wish it would stay on a little longer. It's not sticky, greasy, and it doesn't smell bad - I would definately buy it again.

on 2/8/2007 1:27:00 AM

Love their powders, hate their lip gloss. The color I purchased was totally the same color as my lips, but there was hardly any sheen to it. Doesn't last past a cup of coffee either. Kind of a waste if you ask me. Also, the wand acts like it is almost gone, but the tube looks full, like it is trying to fool me or something.

on 3/7/2007 8:59:00 AM

I use BE's eye shadows and foundations, and like them both. But their glosses are just terrible. They look gorgeous when you look at them in their tubes, which sparked my mom and I to purchase a couple of them to try out. Not only do they not go on well, but they all look the same, and the coverage is rotten. If you want a good lip gloss, try Christian Dior glosses.

I found the Bare Escentuals lip glosses to be too sticky and thick. Their staying power is very minimal I expected a lot more from this product, especially with the 14 dollar price tag.

on 8/8/2007 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really do like these glosses I like their consistency and colors my favorite is Allure, I find it compliments my very fair skin nicely. What I will say though is that I think the consistency is different for different colors which I find strange. I think the lighter and clearer the color of the gloss is the nicer and not as sticky it is.
Also they aren't really really glossy' however I like that about it, sometimes glosses are so "glossy" that they kinda look gross, these give the perfect amount of sheen

I tried this lip gloss in gossip. Its pretty pigmented, and not really glossy on me. The texture was really thick and a little sticky too. Staying power was not very good, maybe about 15minutes and it totally disappeared on my lips. Would not get this again.

on 12/9/2007 4:39:00 PM

One of my favorite lip glosses. I have this in Allure and will be buying another color soon. Not sticky and goes on light compared to other glosses I've used.

on 12/14/2007 3:03:00 PM

I love my lip gloss color - Truffle. It is neutral with just the right amount of beautiful color. I can wear it everyday by itself, or over a lipstick for a more rich effect. It does seem that you should be ablet to get more out of it - but I suppose that is just the nature of lip gloss in a tube and a wand. The wand can't reach everything. The only other down side is that the gloss feels just slightly grainy. Not enough to really bother me though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good lip gloss (the color I use is Garden), it's not sticky at all. Usually my hair sticks to my lips if it's windy. It doesn't happen with this product. However, this doesn't stay on very long. I've found that the ones that do stay on longer don't feel as nice as this one on the lips.

I usually put this on top of my Revlon ColorStay Sheer Lipcolor in Sheer Petal.