Sally Hansen Vitamin E Moisturizing Nail & Cuticle Oil

Sally Hansen Vitamin E Moisturizing Nail & Cuticle Oil

4.3

Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isocetyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Trilicum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis, Leaf Extract, Propylparaben

on 11/18/2006 12:23:00 PM

I'm one of those people who just CANNOT grow her nails. They constantly split, I get hangnails, and my cuticles are always dry and peely. I started using this nail & cuticle oil at night, and within a couple of weeks I could see a really amazing difference. My nails actually GROW now, instead of just flaking off, and my cuticles are soft and moisturized. No more hangnails. I've purchased three bottles of this, and will continue to as long as they keep the same formula! I now apply it at night, and during the day if I'm just sitting around and watching TV or something. No other cuticle cream or lotion can compare to this.

on 10/18/2006 2:11:00 PM

Oh my.....I've been using this consistantly for I don't even know how long now. My nails and cuticles tend to get dry, especially in the winter, and I have tried all sorts of products to restore or even temporarily mask this problem. After reading all of the great reviews here, I was sure that this cuticle oil would do the trick. At first I thought maybe I was just not using it enough, so I stepped the frequency up a bit. That didn't help either. It just seems to be a thin, runny oil that doesn't absorb well. Maybe I just need something stronger. The shikai borage hand lotion seems to be helping, so I'll stick with that instead. Unfortunately, this just didn't do much for me at all & I would not repurchase.

on 8/13/2006 9:41:00 PM

I originally bought this oil for my fingernails, but have discovered that it does an even better job on my toenails! I rub a little onto my toes each morning before putting on my sandals and going to work, and my cuticles and nails are soft and shiny for the entire day. It's like wearing polish with the benefits of having your nails breathe. A lovely and healthy way to pay attention to dry feet!

On fingernails, it does the same fabulous job, but I noticed it didn't last very long due to daily activities like typing and washing hands. It's best to nourish the nails before bed, I find, and let it really soak in.

NOTE: Don't carry this product in your bag or purse. The bottle leaks like crazy if it's not standing straight upright! Best to keep it on your nightstand.

I love this stuff. It's great for moisturizing my cuticles and nails, as well as making my ragged looking cuticles temporarily look softer and smoother. I brush a thin coat of the oil all over my nails and cuticles before bed so the oil can sink in. I also use this oil before going out as it adds a temporary gloss to my nails without using nail polish.

Good nail health starts with heslthy cuticles right? After all the raves about this product, I'd thought I'd give it a go before I broke down and bought the solar oil I'm always bumming off my aunt when I go to her nail salon. It was a little under $5 at Walmart, and although I hate feeling oily or greasy (I always feel like I'm going to get it on my face because it's on my hands) I decided to try it, because of all the great MUA reviews.

application: I put this on my toes and fingers every morning and night. One brush does my toes and I use the rest for my hands, and it's more than enough, if not way too much. I make an effort to massage it religiously into my nail beds.

pros: This is very moisturizing, and maybe it's all in my head, but I feel my nails ARE stronger after using it this past week. My nails are capable of growing long, but they've always been weak and very "bendy" and thin. The sides of my nail always break and peel away.

cons: minus a lippie because it's greasy. I KNOW, I know, it's oil so it's supposed to be. It's not as light as solar oil, so It will take a little while to soak in, so keep massaging it in.

conclusion: It does its job, to moisturize my cuticles. I recently went to a wedding, and since 2 of my nails were broken, I put acrylics on them for a quick fix that I knew I would have to pay for later. So my thumb and index are in really bad shape since I took the acryclics off (along with MANY layers of my natural nail), there seriously paper thin right now, so I guess the real test will be how my nails grow back in. I'll try to remember to update when that happens! continued >>

this is a fantastic product. If you pay close attention to your cuticles it is a must have.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

A friend at work turned me onto this. I was using Burt's Bees Lemon balm, but I hated the lemon scent. This is odorless, a little oily, but highly moisturizing. My bottle has lasted me for a very, very long time. I couldn't keep this in my bag though (if it leaked-Yikes!).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Excellent cuticle oil! My cuticles disappear in an instant as soon as I apply it. Great price too!!

on 6/1/2006 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Thanks MUA reviewers to letting me in on this wonderful product. This is cuticle oil you can buy at any drugstore and it is amazing. It cures my dry cuticles so much better then any other product. Solar Oil smell better and is a tad more luxurious packaging but this Sally Hansen stuff does a MUCH better job. It is a tad oily though so allow time to sink in. The brush to apply it is a little stiff as well but seriously you don't need anything fancy to plop onto your cuticles. BUY THIS your cuticles will love you!

on 4/19/2006 7:17:00 PM

Yes as you have read this stuff is great. I have used the other Sally Cuticle Cream (that apricot stuff) and some oils from Sally Beauty Supply and they would make my nails look good at first but after a couple of hours they were dry again. With this oil my nails look great all day long. Go buy this it is definitley worth it.

Popular Treatments