Sally Hansen Vitamin E Moisturizing Nail & Cuticle Oil

Sally Hansen Vitamin E Moisturizing Nail & Cuticle Oil

4.3

Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isocetyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Trilicum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis, Leaf Extract, Propylparaben

I have tried to use this product twice and both times I got the same results. It does not work for me for a couple of reasons. First, when I apply it to my cuticles and nails it doesn't soften my cuticles or moisturizes them, in reality, them seem to get drier. Second, when I apply it over polish, my polish cracks and flakes off, so there is definitely a drying effect with this product.

I have better results with Sally Hansen Hand and Cuticle Cream and Sally Hansen Healthy Cuticles Now! cuticle cream. Both products moisturize my cuticles and help them to grow healthy and fast.

on 9/22/2011 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've tried cuticle creams before but never oil--I thought it would be too messy. But then on impulse I bought this little bottle of vitamin E oil after my recent Shellac manicure and I'm in love. I put the tiniest drop on each nail at bedtime and gently massage it into my cuticle and wipe off the excess with a tissue. My nails and cuticles feel soft and moisturized the next day. I've even started rubbing some on my toenails because they get terribly dry too. I've been using for about a month now and the bottle still looks full. I imagine that I can have this for years! ;)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This oil keeps my cuticles from looking ragged and dry. It also helps soften the skin around my nails and keeps it from peeling. I apply this a few times throughout the day -- especially after washing my hands. The brush is a little awkward, but it's no big deal. There is also quite a bit of oil in the bottle, and one bottle has lasted me for several months.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product worked really well for me! :D While I don't like that "oily" feeling on my hands, this cuticle oil is very light and absorbs quickly. I use it twice a day and it helps smooth out my cuticles. It also lasts forever. I've had it for a year, and have used barely anything in the bottle if not for my constant spilling of the contents. :P

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

I'm not a huge fan of cuticle oils but I do recommend this product, especially for the winter time. Unlike some of the cuticle oils I have tried, this has definitely held up to my standards. Its odorless, it absorbs quickly but is very moisturizing also. As with most sally hansen products, its affordable and the packaging is pratical. A little goes a long way. Just like one of the reviewers below, no matter when I put it on (in the beginning) I always used too much. I started just applying a dot to one nail and it was enough to cover every finger. Definitely pick this stuff up if your looking for a good portable cuticle oil.

on 6/25/2011 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This really softens and smoothes my cuticles after one application. I don't need to use it too often (it works so well) so a bottle will last me ages! Loves!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This cuticle oil works great- I used it on my boyfriend so I could cut his cuticles and if this stuff can soften up HIS cuticles it will work on anybody!

on 4/10/2011 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Another product I bought completely on a whim, and didn't realize everyone loved so much!

If you have extremely dry hands/cuticles, this may not be the oil for you, as it is quite light. You may need a waxy balm instead. My skin is oily, and my hands/nails only tend to get slightly dry.

Frankly, I am too cheap for manicures, and I hate the artificial look of nail polish anyway. Unless it is a special occasion, I'm not bothering with that stuff. I also dislike how dry and nasty the polish and remover leaves my cuticles and nails.

I may be somewhat vain, but I've always had nice hands and strong nails that easily grow long. Now that I'm getting older, the youthful, slightly-waxy softness of my cuticles is going away and getting more dry and flaky.

This oil does the trick. It leaves my nails with a nice, buffed-but-natural sheen, and my cuticles almost totally invisible. It feels good, and not damaging to my skin and nails like polish does. It is a fluid oil, not too thick, and it has no scent. If you leave it on for a few minutes, it eventually dries and leaves your nails just looking lovely and moisturized. (You won't want to be doing a lot of paperwork right after applying. Let it dry like you would a nail polish. However, I am successfully typing with it on!)

And the effects last longer than just one day. If you put this on at night, the next day your nails look just as lovely, even after showering and hand-washing throughout the day.

on 3/16/2011 11:35:00 PM

If you want to strength your nails and make them harder, this thing definitely works! Before I started using this, I could never grow out my nails because they bend too easily. This thing did miracles for me. I'm happy with this product and will definitely purchase this again when it runs out.

I'm a bit surprised by the great reviews on this but it just goes to show you how some products can work for many people but there will always be exceptions.

Generally I have weak, thin nails that aren't able to grow long so was hoping for something that may help in some of these areas. I wasn't expecting a miracle but since this is sold as a nail and cuticle oil I was expecting something that would help in this area. I am very disappointed because it didn't do anything for my nails or cuticles. Actually it makes my fingers more dry after using it and I feel like I immediately need moisturizer. I also don't see how this works any better than using another oil product.

I also use Burt's Bees lemon cuticle cream and so far I would say this is the best cuticle cream I have found for my weak nails

Popular Treatments