Sally Hansen Vitamin E Moisturizing Nail & Cuticle Oil

Sally Hansen Vitamin E Moisturizing Nail & Cuticle Oil

4.3

Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isocetyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Trilicum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis, Leaf Extract, Propylparaben

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I used this for yrs. I loved the brush applicator & that it was ETF. The product can serve as a cheaper dupe of other cuticle oils. After using, my nails split less & became stronger. My cuticles became softer & more hydrated.

However, even though this is cheap I switched b/c I kept reading on MUA about the benefits of using straight oils (e.g. jojoba) instead. I mixed a few oils together as a DIY cuticle oil. After using the DIY blend my nails & cuticles look & feel the same as they did with the SH oil. Overtime the DIY route is cheaper than repurchasing the SH oil

on 7/12/2013 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Complete crap. It not only doesn't make my cuticles feel any softer, it actually makes them feel harder, and they begin to split, resulting in painful hang-nails. I was so stoked to find this, thinking my dry nasty cuticles would be gone. Nope. It's a useless product, the only good thing about it is the packaging, and the fact that I only wasted $8 on it. I'm buying the Dior Creme Abricot, and tossing this junk in the trash where it belong.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Initially, this product was great. It moisturized my cuticles well so that my skin wasn't "raggedy." However, after continued use, it made my cuticles hard and dry. I decided to switch to plain olive oil instead of this treatment. I simply emptied the bottle and refilled it with olive oil. That did the trick. This SH oil actually has alcohol in it. I believe the alcohol was the source of the problem. I'm sure it will work for those that have normal skin. My skin is terribly dry, unfortunately.

on 5/11/2013 12:08:00 PM

Product did not do anything for me. I had better luck with the Burt's Bees cuticle cream, so will go back to that after I finish this bottle. I do have pretty dry and beat up cuticles, as I rock climb from time to time, and I found that this cuticle oil was simply not moisturizing enough. I do like the nail polish-like brush applicator, which makes the oil easier to apply, but in the end, I just need something more moisturizing. Someone with less jacked up nails than I may have better luck.

on 5/10/2013 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE this!!!!
I've been using this for years and its wonderful! My cuticles never look nasty & dry.

I use this through out the day and apply right before bed.I also apply this and then use a good hand lotion too during the day.

A little goes a long way and the bottle seems like it lasts forever lol
I will never be w/out this!

on 5/10/2013 10:48:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love this stuff!! I've bought it several times over the years. The ony reason I can remember replacing it is because a. i spilled it or the bottle leaked & b. lost it. This will last FOREVER! It is great stuff. My cuticles were looking dry and raggedy before I bought this again. No amount of lotion applying will do what this does. This is awesome stuff.

For those of you who don't like it because it's oily. I put some on my cuticles, massage it in & then I apply hand lotion. Works great!!!

on 3/19/2013 3:25:00 PM

I've only been using this oil for a week, and so far I've noticed a vast improvement in my cuticles. I have one hangnail I need to nip, but otherwise, my cuticles are looking moisturized and healthy.

I keep it by my contact lenses and apply it to my nails in the morning after I've put my contacts in, and again at night after I've taken them out. I massage it in and follow it up with Gold Bond Ultimate Healing lotion, which kind of absorbs the leftover and spreads it out, so I don't have the residual oil getting on things.

Pleased with it so far, and for the money, I don't think I could get any better.

on 12/31/2012 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Silky-feeling oil softens cuticles and moisturizes nails; it's pretty inexpensive compared to other products like it; the bottle has to be closed tightly or else it leaks; ill buy it again.

on 12/17/2012 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have nothing bad to say about this product. Might be a bit expensive, but a little bit goes a long way. I've used it dozens of times, yet it looks as though I've used none of it.

on 9/24/2012 5:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am 53 years old and up until now have never consistently used any nail products that resulted in healthy nails. I've always had bad nails - short and peeling with dry cuticles. I've bought loads of polishes, oils, creams to deal with the problem but was haphazard in how I used them. 53 years!!
I found a bottle of Sally Hansen cuticle oil and a bottle of Barielle cuticle oil in my supply of nail items and thought I'd try to be regular in my use of them. I put one bottle in my purse and another bottle on the coffee table. Twice a day I massaged the oil onto by cuticles. AMAZING RESULTS! Within days my nails were growing. Now it's a month later and I have long nails, no peeling or breaking. The color of my nails is consistent. That was the problem - the health of the nail must start at the cuticle. With dry cuticles I was doomed. This is the easiest and cheapest way to healthy nails. It takes 2 minutes a day. I actually went shopping the other day and in the jewelry department I tried on rings! I've never worn rings because I didn't want to call attention to my hands. Cuticle oil works!!

Popular Treatments