NYX Professional Makeup Mega Shine Lipgloss

NYX Professional Makeup Mega Shine Lipgloss

4.3

Polybutene, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline wax, Lanolin oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Perfume, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Carbonate, Butylparaben, and B.H.T. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No. 7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100) , D&C Red No.28 (CI 45410), D&C Red No.34 (CI 15880), D&C Red No. 36 (CI 12085), or Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Best lip gloss I've used. I love the feel and look of it, I own the shades Frosted Beige and Sugar Pie. I wear them every day. They look great alone or over lipstick. The only thing is that I wish they lasted longer on the lips. But besides that, these are my favorite glosses! :)

I have the NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Smokey Look. It's one of the first lip products I've ever purchased by NYX cosmetics. I don't like it. The packaging looks cute with the bow on the cap, but what really bothers me about this lip gloss is the smell.

I'm not terribly fond of lip products with a scent. Actually, I'm okay with some scented lip products like the Nivea Lip Butter Lip balms in Raspberry Rose or Vanilla Macadamia, Smith's Rosebud Salve, Burts' Bees original Peppermint. But the thing is---I am not fond of the cherry scent that these NYX Mega Shine lip glosses have nor do I like the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks which have a watermelon scent. These scents are sickening and while they probably go away after a while...it makes the moment you put it on your lips unbearable.

It's not the favorite lip gloss I have in my purse because of the smell. Pigmentation wise it is very nude peach-ish. It can be streaky. I would not buy another one if I ran out of it and I'm really contemplating whether or not I should just throw it out. It will be my first and last mega shine lip gloss for sure!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the shade "natural" its a lovely nude shade (pink with Brown undertone) that will look great with any eyeshadow. What I love that it has zero shimmer/glitter. I usually wear this without any lipstick underneath because its very pigmented and opaque (idk if the other shade also like this). The lipgloss smells like children's Tylenol (cherry) I really don't mind it at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For the price, this is hands down the best lipgloss I've ever tried. It's not sticky and the colors are so rich and pigmented. All the colors just look so creamy and natural, not like the ones that sit on top of your lips. Highly recommend.

Please watch my fresh spring look using this!

on 2/23/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lip gloss is rather disgusting to use. It smells, weird, it tastes weird, and most importantly, it emphasizes ALL the lines I have on my lips. I would assume that it dries up my lips even more. Would have preferred the formula to be less sticky. Nice colours though. Wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

THE SMELL IS TERRIBLE!!!I had this in Natural(Beautiful color, the perfect nude for me!) but it was so disgustingly chemically and i had to return it and get something else instead, so i got another nude gloss but from maybelline(beautiful color, almost like the one from NYX).

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Oooo lordyyy! I love these glosses! I have them in Tea Rose, La La, Natural, Dolly Pink, Frosted Biege and Clear. I adore them all! Great for applying over lipsticks for added shine, moisture and/or sparkle. Also, fabulous on their own! They have great pigmentation, and the formula is slick and smooth... Not too thin, and not too thick and tastes/smells great.. Like vanilla sugar cookies or something. Just perfection! The tube is adorable and very sleek and simple, yet cute: Clear (so you can see the color), rectangular, long tube with rounded edges with a black twist off cap and the top of the cap has a cute little bow on it, which makes them easily identifiable inside my purse. The product is applied with a sponge tip applicator that I enjoy and that works quite well. I like these so much and I really want to get them in every color! (And there's a very wide range to choose from) Maybe a chocolate brown or plum color for fall.. Or a fun bright red! And at $5 a pop, I can definitely afford them all! Highly recommended!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to love these glosses. The colors are very versatile, the consistency is neither too sticky nor too thin, and to me, (which is something a lot of people complain about) they have no scent. One huge problem and a major deal breaker is that these give me that crusty white caking at the corners of my lips. I've tried these alone and over several different finishes of lipsticks and it still continued to do it. I wouldn't swap or give away lip glosses so unfortunately I had to throw them out. I would still recommend giving these a try because it may just be my lips personally they didn't agree with.

on 10/25/2013 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Ok, so here is my mixed review on this lipgloss. I love the color (I have French Kiss and Beige (which is pink by the way) ) and the ONLY issue I have with the lipgloss is that when you shut it, it smudges all out of the tube all over EVERYTHING!!!! It has ruined the inside of my purses because it just get's everywhere. I am sure I have lost 1/2 the product to napkins when wiping it off the tube...so not sure what part of the applicator needs tweeked, but something definitely does. I can find better quality tubes for less money.

on 9/14/2013 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I LOVE these. They smell great. They taste great. They're creamy. They're shiny. They aren't sticky. They're inexpensive. There's a decent colour range. They stay on well.

Seriously just try them out. The consistency varies a little between them and the smell varies as well. I've tried a few and I love them all.

The only issue I have is sometimes if gloss gets on the edges, a little will come out when you screw it closed. But no biggie.

PS: Target in Toronto and the GTA have started to get NYX products! YES!!!! (I'm so excited!)