NYX Professional Makeup Mega Shine Lipgloss

NYX Professional Makeup Mega Shine Lipgloss

4.3

Polybutene, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline wax, Lanolin oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Perfume, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Carbonate, Butylparaben, and B.H.T. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No. 7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100) , D&C Red No.28 (CI 45410), D&C Red No.34 (CI 15880), D&C Red No. 36 (CI 12085), or Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).

on 10/16/2005 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Not as super-heavy as other lip glosses. I don't get my hair caught in it nor do I feel like I have thick liquid weighing down my lips. it can be hard to keep it from straying around outside the lips. However, these are true GLOSSES. the clear shade is actually my favorite, because it makes my lips look like GLASS. if you want porcelain doll-unreal lips that shine like crazy, this is the gloss for you. it is also well worn over lipstick or other gloss colors. doesn't fade.

on 10/12/2005 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have this in Sunshine, which is a pale golden shimmer in the tube (I'm drawn to gold shimmer like a damn idiot moth to flame). It's just clear gloss on lips, but I'm not sorry I bought it because the texture is awesome. It's only slightly sticky, yet thicker and more substantial than average glosses. The only con is the smell and taste, which is a strange artificial/chemical flavor. The smell fades right away, but the taste lingers for a little while. It does go away eventually, so I will be purchasing more of these.

on 8/1/2005 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

For $1.99, this is a damn good lipgloss. I bought it in African Queen (very similar to L'Oreal Seafleur, a blue-pearl fuchsia) and Vixen (a deep burgundy-gold). The smell is a little funky, like lanolin or petroleum, but the color coverage is outstanding and I find it to have quite a high, glossy shine. It's got the color or a lipstick but the shine of a gloss. Be aware when choosing shades-- it WILL look just as dark or bright on lips as it does in the tube! Nice, smooth, non-sticky texture, too.

NYX Lip Gloss with Mega Shine is actually more of a liquid lipstick, both in texture and pigment - it reminds me of Avon Glazewear, but it's a better product IMO. I don't really like liquid lipsticks, but I like this product. The texture is a bit thin, but it has that tiny little bit of tack that keeps it just where you applied it (unlike Glazewears, that are both thin and runny). It is a very pigmented product, but it's easy to apply it more sheerly if needed, it goes on evenly. Due to its thinner texture, the shine isn't glossy and mirror-like like that of thicker glosses, but it's stronger than that of glossy lipsticks - a good medium for those who don't like their lips to scream 'lipgloss!'. It has a scent, tutti-frutti I suppose, but it fades quickly after application. The packaging is very good looking, it definitely doesn't give away the price of the product: a classy long tube with an opaque black plastic cap and squared sides. The applicator is a long doe foot type (think L'Oreal Glam Shine), not the best choice considering this is a very pigmented product - NYX would be better off opting for a small sponge-type applicator like the ones in MAC lipglasses: they pick up less product and provide a more precise application. All in all, this is a seriously good product for its price tag. I would recommend it to all but those who prefer their lip products to be very sheer, very glossy and/or very thick.

on 3/2/2005 8:41:00 PM

I have 5 of these already. What I tend to really like is a gloss that has the weight of a lipstick and has some stickiness, but not super-sticky. Thes colors are beautiful (have all the pink/fuschia/purple colors) and rich. They aren't just a sheer transparent gloss as so many are. It's almost like wearing a lipstick with a gloss built in. The smell and taste of the gloss is pleasant and of course, no gloss lasts all that long, but the case is pretty and its easy to reapply. I would definitely buy more of these!

Heyyy yall! This gloss is the best clear gloss. I actually purchased this at a beauty shop because I'm a sucker for lip gloss! When I put it on my lips...it kinda burned at first and itched. But when you put some carmex or something on before , you'll be fine! This gloss is really shiny *Clear* This actually works better than some of the upscale glosses I've tried. Might repurchase if I see it again!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is great! It's so cheap, I can get it for 28 bucks in my country (about USD$2.50 including tax). The texture is definitely tacky, which I like because that makes it long-lasting, but doesn't feel gummy. The scent reminds me of a tutti-frutti bubblegum, it's not that bad because after a few minutes it's gone. They have many shades to choose from and for the price this gloss is worth a try. Recommended!

on 8/16/2004 4:00:00 PM

I just got one of these in Pink Frost... I love the color, I love the fresh fruity scent and I love the price! Not sticky. Great line for drugstore and I think this lipgloss competes with high end lines. UPDATE: I think this is more like a liquid lipstick, very high pigment, still wearing this color, but I find I must tone it down a bit.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Uggh!! I cant stand that STRONG stench of dead flowers!! I got Candies #104 and it loox like a light frosty baby pink...almost whitish........it has a bad silverish undertone to it coz it changes the color of ur teeth!! Maybe a "dab" of it on the center of the lips may look nice but i wont even do that coz the scent bothers me that much...I wont repurchase coz no matter wut i do, i just cant pull this off...(C5/C40 skintone)

on 6/17/2004 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is more like a lip lacquer than a gloss because of its opaque coverage. It gives a lot of bang for the buck, and has a pretty good lasting power. I have these in about five colors, and is good when you don't feel like shelling out the extra thirteen dollars for more expensive brand. A definite must buy, though they are hard to find.