AmLactin 12%

AmLactin 12%
AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

4.3

on 1/30/2004 5:07:00 AM

This is a fragrance free moisturizing body lotion targeted for rough, dry skin. My skin is not rough but it is very dry and there are some scars from ingrown hair. This moisturizing lotion is not moisturizing enough and my legs still itch from time to time. Even though this can lightened scar but took a very very long while. I will not repuchase for the following 3 reasons: took so long to lighten scar, not moisturizing enough, fragrance free (I like using good smelling product on my body). Find it a pain to finish the bottle.

Ingredients: Water, Lactic Acid neutralized with Ammonium Hydroxide, Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth-4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl and Propyl Parabens (Preservatives) and Methylcellulose continued >>

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this lotion because I heard that it helps get rid of the small bumps that appear on the front of thighs and arms-and I LOVE IT!!! My legs feel so soft and smooth. The only reason I gave it four lippies is because it smells like elmers glue but I can deal with the smell since it is such a great lotion.

on 1/9/2004 11:47:00 AM

My mom has been using this for some time, she became very sensitive on her hands & arms to most products after doing hair for 35+ years. She's been very happy with it and turned me onto it. Makes me happy, not sticky!

on 1/9/2004 2:28:00 AM

This is a really basic, lightly scented lotion. With AMAZING moisturizing properties. Lactic acid is a humectant, which draws moisture to your skin. I have been using this on my body during the deepest dryest winter, with heat, cold, dehydration, winter, too much coffee. I used a bottle of St. Ives Silk stuff. TBS Shea Butter. NONE held a candle to a normal size application of this. When I get in the shower, my skin feels really soft and clean, not sticky.
Recommended! Apparently the 12% is the best, from what I've read on the skin board. I got mine at Costco for half of what they charge at Longs. A new staple. Will update after I use it post-swimming.

Popular Lotions / Creams