AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.3

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought Amlactin 12% moisturizing creme a few nights ago at Walgreens. I have had KP for my entire life. It got better when I was about 16, but I'm 23 now, I just had a baby, and my KP looks worse than ever before.
I (like most KP sufferers) desperately try to improve my KP, but I'm used to being disappointed and penniless after purchasing products that don't work or seem to make my KP look worse.
So far, I have applied this creme two-three times daily. Immediately after applying it, my KP looks a bit redder than it did pre-application, but after a few hours my red polka dots look smaller, lighter, and certainly are smoother in texture.
This is the most promising product I have ever used. I am going to continue it twice daily until I run out, and if this progress continues, I think we may have found the best KP solution there is!

on 1/21/2009 4:51:00 PM

Thanks for introducing me to this product MUA! My skin was SO dry in winter and it was constantly itchy. None of my lotions could relieve the itchiness. This really helped moisturize my skin. It's a much better buy at Costco b/c you get a way bigger bottle for the same price as a smaller bottle at the drugstore.

on 2/2/2009 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

HG, HG, HG!

I bought this to get ride of razor bumps on my legs, but ended up using it as a night time moisturiser on MUA recs (thanks girls!). I am 29, with normal to oily skin with some clogged pores in the T zone. And occassional hormonal pimples.

This lotion exfoliates amazingly well without drying out my skin. I like this much better than glycolic acid, which stung too much. I've been using this about three times a week (alternate with eluage) for a month. My skin is smooth, hydrated and clear in the mornings. I live in a tropical climate. This is not too oily if I use just a pea-size amount.

In the mornings, I use a Japanese sunblock enriched with zinc/titanium dioxide, and my skin looks great. Try it! If you don't like it, can always use on your legs and feet.

I used this years ago, and stopped because it got to be a little $$ for nice skin. I turned to Gold Bond or something equally ugly and utilitarian. It's winter in New England now, and my calves are scaly (gross, I know!), my arms are bumpy (KP?? maybe), and my skin in general would be tight and flaky. To combat this, I'd just pile on more lotion. Finally made the switch back to amlactin and wowza!! Missing out!!! I've been using it for almost three weeks, and my skin is SMOOTH everywhere! But not the just-put-on-lotion-smooth. It feels like NEW skin, thanks to the exfoliation from lactic acid. yayay!! Sure it smells a little, but it's a very small price to pay...

on 2/17/2009 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really slather this all over my body! It's a very good exfoliant, but not as good as Paula's choice Glycolic acid lotion for the body. I subtracted a lippy because it's weirdly fragranced and rather thin, even in the tube version.

on 2/18/2009 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Update as on Sep 1 2009...lotion for extra dry skin, advaced healing therapy lotion.. if all this sounds familiar and kind of familiar under your sink in the bathroom..just count the money on unused products we have spent on!

I am trying to cut my costs in skin maintenance and upkeep that i was trying to figure out what would be my best products everytime i used..i vaseline, bag balm....no retinol stuff but amlactin. like in my earlier review it helps my alligator skin and VERY RECENTLY found that a small pea sized amount in the night on a clean face is perfect for a clear glowy skin. I am resorting to a philosphy is i can get a product which works muyltiple uses...is reasonably priced and available reasonably at stores (and also FSA a/c deductible!!!), why the hell should i try any other product for a huge amt of money...

I recommend this 100%. Smell is a thing to worry for a couple of minutes of application..may be add some rose water or something nice to combat the effect.

The one and only thing which helped my alligator skin (my body)..i have a weird skin system..face is combination to oily and rest of thebody is alligator dry.

The price is worth it instead of buying so many lotions and creams and not getting effective results. so am prepared to shell out money on this product.

I hate the smell and the runny consistency..anyway this works for me great..my skin is soft BUT i found that when i stopped using this lotion, the dry skin came back with a vengeance. So this should be used for maintenance too, learnt it the hard way.

It is a FSA (flexible spending account) listed product. so if you are stashing money in fsa ac each year, you can use your pretax dollars for it, saves something right?

on 3/11/2009 10:13:00 PM

With flip-flop season around the corner...

My dermatologist recommended to me for my dry feet. Slather it on at night, put socks on, so this for about three days and your feet are pretty again!
I do this for a week to get ready for wearing flip-flops!

I also started putting a little on my forehead, it was getting a little flaky and this took care of it overnight. The AHAs do the trick.

on 3/13/2009 1:46:00 AM

I was told by my derm that this was the best thing to clear up KP. So I've been using it for a week now and I already can tell a huge difference in my skin. My KP is less red and my skin is much, much softer. Also, I suffer from moderate acne and I am using this as my moisturizer in the morning and on the nights when I need a break from my topical gel (DuAc). I use this after cleansing with a PanOxyl 10 bar (which are AMAZING, btw)... It stings and makes me a bit red, but it moisturizes and my skin always looks a lot better in the morning. Its exfoliating my skin nicely and for that I am so grateful, because having acne and dry skin is absolutley the worst. It doesn't make me any more oily than usual and I can use a sunscreen with it too. So overall, its cheap for the amount of things you can use it for. My only complaint is that the bottle is pretty big, so instead of carrying it around in my makeup bag I just put a bit of it in a smaller spare bottle and now its much more convienant.

on 4/27/2009 1:29:00 AM

I had a dry, red, sore, flakey, scaley elbow (of course, just one of them) for several months. No OTC cream or exfoliating/moisturizing regime was working on it, so I was ready to give up and go to the dermatologist. I decided to ask the pharmacist for a recommendation before going (no health insurance, hard to get appointment, etc) and she recommended this product.

It took several weeks of religiously applying this lotion, but it did finally rid me of the rough scales/flakes, and smooth out the elbow. It hasn't really helped with the redness though.

It's definitely worth a try if you have a similar problem. I think it was round $10 - priced very reasonably and I'm sure it's a fraction of what you've already spent trying to get rid of the problem.

1 lippie off for runny consistency. I shake the tube before I squeeze.

on 5/2/2009 3:46:00 PM

Love the cream version of this product, though I wish it weren't so expensive (I think I paid about $13 USD for a rather small bottle at Walgreen's). I started getting small, skin-colored bumps on the outsides of my thighs, which I suppose could be KP, or maybe the lotion I've been using previously is too rich (?)... Within three days, my skin was completely smooth and moisturized. The smell doesn't bother me at all, and it fades completely after a few minutes anyway. Highly recommend if you need smoothing or exfoliation. Will repurchase.

Popular Lotions / Creams