AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.3

on 5/19/2008 7:26:00 PM

I bought this lotion a couple of weeks ago and have used it at least 6x now. It does a nice job of exfoliating and my skin feels really soft the day after. I cannot wear this at night or on the morning of a work day due to the way it makes my skin feel... like having night sweats, lol. So sticky and moist for too long. It's really uncomfortable to sleep in unless I wear pants (but it's too warm for that). However, I can wear this on exposed skin while I'm lounging around the house... or even at work if I'm wearing short sleeves. Overall, a good product and I might buy it again if I can't find something that gives similar results and feels better.

oh thank GOD. i have been searching for something for my KP that wasn't priced in the ridiculous range ever since i stopped finding my HG Neutrogena Bump Relief at the drugstore. I have been shelling out the cash for the stuff from dermadoctor, but would end up not using it because i didn't want to run out and have to make my CC cry again. LOL! Anyway, this stuff isn't cheap, it's $15 bucks a bottle at CVS..but oh my dang. it works! i've been using it for a week, and my disgusting, chicken skinned, rough and icky arms and legs (and..uh...erm..backside) are smooth as silk. red marks are fading, clogged pores are clearing, my dh can't stop touching my skin. i'm a happy little camper, and i'll be buying this until TPTB discover i have another HG and discontinue it ;)

on 6/17/2008 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's not doing what I bought it for, but it is making a difference otherwise. I have a mild case of seborrheic keratosis on my neck, and I was hoping this lotion might make them go away or make them less noticeable. Unfortunately that's not happening, but my skin is certainly much softer and feels great to the touch. My husband used this on his KP on his arms and legs, and he saw a difference in one day. I don't care for the unimaginative packaging, and the price is kind of high for a DS brand, but overall I like it and I'll purchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is for the Moisturizing fragrance free cream that comes in a green and white 4.9 oz tube that stands upside down. I am combo/sensitive/acne prone. Lately everything is breaking out my chin/mouth/neck area and I'm not sure what exactly is causing such incredible sensitivity. Anyway I thought I would test this out on my face because besides the sensitive areas being sensitive and irritated, they are also getting drier and pores are clogged. I originally used lac hydrin on my body and liked it but thought that it might break out my face because of the silicone so i thought i'd try this. This is my 3rd night in a row using and it seems to calm my face and the breakouts are healing and smaller so far. I will update when I've been using longer. Anything that makes my lower face less red is great right now though so I just hope this doesn't break me out. Still debating what to use under my cory minerals during the day since everything seems to irritate or break me out and I am tempted to use this but afraid it might be greasy. Will update when I've been using longer.
Ingredients
Water, Lactic Acid (Neutralized with Ammonium Hydroxide), Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth 4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl, Propylparaben (preservatives), Methylcellulose

on 7/1/2008 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This product saved me from ingrown hairs. I used to have them pretty badly and got them no matter if I shaved, waxed, after shower, before shower, etc... if I use it once a day, or even less sometimes, I hardly get any ingrown hairs on my legs.

Even though it's pricier than other lotions, a little goes a long way. Just be aware that it's runnier than other lotions so be careful when you squeeze the bottle. Kinda smells like glue but it goes away really fast but it makes my skin smooth and gets rid of my grown hairs (which really were unsightly).

My dermo recommended this for my KP on my upper arms and I have found that this is the only product that helps keep my KP bumps to a minimum, so for that, it is a miracle!

My only complaint is that it stinks! It is supposed to be fragrance free -NOT!! Highly stinky and the fragrance doesn't disipate for several hours. O well - a small price to pay for such an effective product.

EDIT 07/07/08 - a nice MUAer pointed out to me that this product is, indeed, fragrance-free as in no fragrances have been added to the already-present ingredients. So, to clarify, this product does smell to hi heaven, but the stench originates from the ingredients, not from any fragrance added.

EDIT 05/10/10 - the KP on my arms got out of control and my normal methods/products were not completely getting rid of it, so I went out and purchased a new bottle. A week later, the KP is almost gone, so that makes me happy. I still cannot stand the smell, so I usually wait a few minutes and then lightly dust some LUSH Silky Underwear powder over the top. I upped my rating to 4 lippies and put that I would re-purchase.

EDIT 09/19/08 - OK - so here's the deal. Perhaps my bottle was old, perhaps my body just got used to the product, but whatever, it became less effective. So, I changed up my routine to this:
Neutrogena Pore Refiner Toner - swabbed my arms w/ this 1 in a.m. and 1 in p.m.
Alpha Hydrox Foot and Problem Area creme - 1 in p.m.

KP almost now complete ly gone again!!! Whoo hoo!! I don't know which of the 2 products worked or if it was a combo. I just ran out of the Neutrogena toner and am now using my Dickinson's Witch Hazel instead (since I already owned and would be nice to use just 1 toner) and am still using the AH on my left arm and Nivea creme (small tin from Walgreens, made in Mexico) on my right. Will update in a few weeks. My goal = 1 toner for face/arms and 1 creme.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

have kp and definitely made my arms moisturized and less gross looking...not a fan of the scent but i can live with it

i am a product junkie (who here isnt?) and this is the only thing that has worked on my badly kp ridden upper arms

it even smoothed bumpies on my butt and calfs :p

amazing, wish i had found this 10 years ago

on 7/12/2008 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Geez, this lotion works well, but I can't handle the smell or how it feels on my skin. On me, it smells like old diapers (must be the AMMONIUM hydroxide). A very sour, unpleasant odor that doesn't seem to go away. After applying, it doesn't sink in. It leaves my skin feeling sticky and almost waxy. Yuck!UPDATE (4/09): I'm giving it another try, but the smell and the texture are still offensive. I've been reading about Aqua Glycolic body lotion and might give that a try next. continued >>

on 7/13/2008 12:04:00 PM

I bought this because I put a little on my hands while at Costco shopping. By the end of my shopping, my hands were so baby soft, that I had to buy it. So I looked it up on the internet and started reading about how much people loved it and tried it on my body first. Great for smoothing skin. But I also tried it on my chest and back, both of which break out terribly. I have very acne-prone, sensitive skin. I can't even wear scoop neck shirts because of acne and acne scarring. This has really helped clear it up. So I started putting it on my face because benzoyl peroxide products were causing my face to flake. Not only did this take the flakes away and smooth out my complexion. A little goes a long way, so I use about a dime size for my face and neck. I use this to moisturize night and day with no adverse effects and it keeps pimples at bay. Sure, it does smell a little like Elmer's Glue; however, who cares when it makes my skin beautiful from head to toe? And since so many people wonder the long-term benefits since so many tend to review days after first trying, I have been using this for over six months with the same bottle, so it's a fraction of the cost of department store treatments. And hey, if you tried it and didn't like it, Costco will take it back.