AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.3

on 12/30/2007 7:03:00 PM

I sampled this lotion at Costco and while I was shopping I noticed my hands looking smoother. I thought it was a pricey hand lotion but just a dab will do and I had never had such immediate results. I then tried it as a night treatment for my face and I really liked it... suddenly the price was cheap! The smell is a bit funky but it fades. I use small amounts on my face to avoid getting any of it into my eyes.

on 1/12/2008 10:47:00 AM

I have seen this for sale at CVS for about $15, but my mom brings it home from the mental hospital she works at, they give it to patients with really bad feet and then the patients leave it behind.
Generally, it is lactic acid in a moisturizing base. It works as a chemical exfoliant, exfoliating dry dead skin to bring newer smoother skin cells to the surface. I use it on my hands, elbows, knees, feet, anywhere where I have really dry skin. It definately works. Not a luxurious product by any means, a blah slightly chemical smell, and very liquidy, so a little goes a long way. I highly recommend this for dry or calloused skin problems. It is a little expensive, but it actually DOES what all moisturizers CLAIM to do, instead of just temporarily softening. So I didn 't rate it as very expensive, becuase it is SO worth the money...I can have a $15 bottle of this or 30 $3 and $4 bottles of other moisturizers that I have accumulated in my search for something that actually gets rid of the dry skin. You do the math! And of course you can always let it sink in then apply your fav scented lotion on top. Did I mention it is worth it? It is! And if Estee Lauder made it, it would smell pretty, come in a fancy bottle, and cost $90!!!

PS - I would not use this on my face because it contains mineral oil.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

thanks to everyone who reviewed this ... I'd never heard of it, but saw it on here, and thought, MUA is usually right so let's try it. I have had some weird eczema/psoriasis thingy on my arms for about 15 yrs, and I kid you not, one time using this and it's gone. I'm a believer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this marked down (like $6.00) from my local grocery store several months ago. I bought it because I believed it would help smooth those bumpity bumps (KP) that I get on the backs of my thighs, and on my arms. Also a part of me was hoping it would correct some of my stretch marks.
Well I used it once a long time ago, and wasn't impressed by the scent, so it sat collecting dust until recently. About a week ago, I began using this on my face (which I've experienced roughness/dryness/peeling/breakouts lately) and I'm totally in love. My pores are almost gone, my face is super soft, and is more even/clearer. I also smooth is on my hands and arms before bed, I wake up and they are ultra smooth. This is such a wonderful product, I will definitely use up my bottle.

on 3/27/2008 4:49:00 PM

Works great for ingrown hairs and KP. Scrubbing my legs/ upper arms in the shower used to be enough, but lately they just always feel rough. I've tried other lotions with AHA or BHA from Dove, Curel, and Paula's Choice, but they didn't do enough. I found this at Walgreens. I got the 14 oz. size lotion. It wasn't cheap - about $23, but it is worth it. It's working very well. I like that it is a simple, fragrance-free product - less chance of irritation/ sensitivity. I'm using it about 3 times a week. Though it makes my legs sticky, they are nowhere near as bad as they were with Dove Pro-Age lotion. The lotion is lightly moisturizing. So far, my upper arms are smooth and soft. No KP in sight. My legs are still a mess from epilating (no real exfoliation all winter = irritated red bumps that never go away) but they are smoother and when I do shave, my skin doesn't get scraped up and irritated. Will definitely repurchase.

on 4/9/2008 1:47:00 AM

Meh. This stuff is pretty good for moisturizing, but it has a weird, sticky texture that I always have to wash off my hands after applying. It also doesn't smell so good. It hasn't done anything for my KP. I think Aquaphor is as moisturizing without all the negatives (and it's wayyy cheaper).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This isn't a luxurious product, but it is a VERY effective one, and sometimes, that's what counts.

I don't think I have KP - but maybe I do: I was plagued by the vague appearance of chicken skin on my arms. On top of that, irregardless of whether I shaved or waxed my legs, I would get those little razor bumps.

After reading all the recommendations here, I decided to try this stuff. I knew it wasn't going to smell delicious. In fact, I was prepared for it to stink...lol. It doesn't. It has a faint odor but it disappears almost instantly. I only have been using it once a day and I really do have to admit that despite all the creams, lotions, and body butters that I slather myself with, this has succeeded where everything else has failed. It has resulted in such silky, smooth skin, that I've taken to using it everywhere. Oh I still indulge with all my luxury, good smelling stuff, but this goes on first, ONCE A DAY, no matter what. I just can't believe how effective this stuff is at a price that is so much more reasonable than say KP Duty.

Slightly OT, my dad has suffered from terrible skin problems as he's gotten older. He's always itchy, refuses to refrain from scratching, and because his skin is thinner now given his age, he regularly was breaking the skin and sometimes causing infections. His dermatologist kept trying different prescription preparations, but nothing seemed to work. Well, this did!

I've often wondered if I could scent this product myself by adding f.o. to it, because really, that vague odor, even though it does dissipate quickly, is the only drawback I can identify. I really can't recommend this product highly enough.

on 4/28/2008 6:36:00 PM

This is one of those products that works! I first purchased this lotion to exfoliate my armpits, as weird as it sounds. they were getting darker. Now they are smooth and clear. which is really great. I also use it for elbows, knees I have also recommended it to others. This is a must have for me, its inexpensive and it works.

I bought this from Costco (I love Costco! You can get this lotion at $17 for almost 17 oz. Drugstore.com sells the 8 oz bottle at $15). I have been using it on my body for a week. As a frequent purchaser of AHA body lotion, I noticed that this one is made of lactic acid instead of glycolic acid (which is far more common).

Lactic acid is supposed to be milder, more moisturzing than the more popular glycolic acid. Indeed, I found this lotion more hydrating than my 15% glycolic lotion. On the other hand, it is also more sticky and I have to get used to this sticky feeling on my skin.

At 12%, it is not the highest concentration of AHA body lotion you can buy. However, it does the trick -- smoothing out your skin -- just a little bit slower than the more aggressive formula. The good thing is that you have less chances of getting an allergic reaction.

So far, I found this lotion as effective as many other AHA products five to ten times more expensive.

Update: As summer approaches, I cannot stand the sticky tacky feeling on my skin. It feels like glue. I will try Lac Hydrin's Five Moisturizing lotion since that one is less sticky.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you have KP (Keratosis Pilaris) this is the stuff to use. No, it doesn't smell pretty. No, the bottle isn't attractive, but it makes YOU look pretty and to me that is all that counts in the long run. No more bumps on my arms, thighs, bum or lower back.

I noticed a difference within 24 hours of using it. It's funny, because for a few months I stopped using it, then started again and I noticed the distinct difference in my skin right away. AmLactin made me look healthier, more toned and smooth overall, and I've had KP for 22 years!