AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.3

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

While this product moisturizes okay (I usually have to layer it with something heavier) what I love love love about it is that it has smoothed and evened my skin tone. Weird smell, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I don't know how I ever lived without this lotion! I had a very unfortunate meeting with an epilator this summer and I read the reviews for this and hoped it would help with my millions of ingrown hairs on my legs. My legs were so torn up from the epilator that I already had some scarring from the ingrowns I was devastated! Anyway..after a few days of use I still had the ingrown bumps but my legs felt incredibly smooth! Aftter about a month my ingrowns have been all healed up for awhile and my scarring is very minimal now (I had some very bad ones) I think with continued use they will completely go away. I can't sing the praises of this lotion enough! This makes my skin look and feel incredible I never knew it could feel this smooth! I only use this once a day now I apply it at night before bed but I don't have any problems wearing it during the day. I haven't noticed a smell and it's barely sticky the benefits outweigh that though, Also for my morning showers I no longer have to use shave gel...I guess maybe because I use this the night before? but it's an incredibly smooth shave. I love this stuff more and more everyday to think something so good comes in such boring packaging that I've overlooked on the bottom shelf of the drugstore forever. Highly Recommend I Love this stuff!!!!!

I found out about this product on here and I've been using it for my skin condition on my legs. I am not sure if it's KP or folliculitus or dermatitus. I get horrible itchy skin and severe bumps, redness. This stuff seems to control it. My legs aren't perfect but I would say 80% improvement. The bottle from Costco is a great price. I also use PC 2% which works about the same but is too expensive.

on 10/24/2007 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Yes, it smells bed, but it's not like it's a surprise. You know what the product is before you buy it. I've used this product for a few years but found my favorite use for it after moving to the pacific northwest from southern California. I discovered it hurt like hell to shave my legs in winter/cold weather, so I started putting Amlactin on them before going to bed then shaved in the shower in the morning. Problem solved. I also rub it into my feet and cover in socks while I sleep, sometimes with Bag Balm too. I've tried it on my hands but they get too raw. This will surely vary, depending on your climate. In an area with more humidity, I imagine it would be fabulous.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This body cream is amazing! As its name states, it contains 12% lactic acid. After just a few uses, my skin is very soft and smooth! This is a no-nonsense product inside and out. The packaging is very plain; it comes in a typical drugstore-looking tube. Also, the cream itself is color and fragrance free, which makes it great for people like me who are sensitive to those types of things. I HIGHLY recommend this product for dry skin!

on 11/11/2007 7:46:00 PM

This is too strong for my skin. It worked well on foot callouses, but irritated my hands and toes. Tried using it elsewhere and got chemical burns!

on 12/3/2007 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

AmLactin is an absolute staple for me. I have keratosis pilaris on the back of my upper arms, which seems to have worsened in the last five years. Manual exfoliation does not help much. I tried LacHydrin 5 at first, but found it wasn't strong enough. After reading about AmLactin (and looking everywhere for it), I found it at CVS and, a few months later, Walgreens. I use it daily right when I get out of the shower, which I find helps with the tackiness problem many complain about in the reviews. I also use it at night, both times as an all-over body lotion. It has made my skin so much smoother and more moisturized. I can skip using a shaving gel on my legs because they are so smooth already. Retails for about $15, but often goes on sale. Highly recommended!

on 12/5/2007 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

What's the big deal about using this on your face? seriously Alpha Hydrox 12% AHA Souffle is the same thing, and I don't hear people freaking out about that. So what, it's not marketed for use on the face? There are many, many products that aren't, but people don't seem to be hung up about using them on their faces. Anyway, I ran out of the Devita 'high performace aha' I normally use on my skin, and decided to give this a try while I was waiting for my new bottle of Devita to arrive in the mail. honestly I'm going to return the Devita when it arrives because this works just as well and is about 1/2 the price and I don't have to order it online. It did feel feel sticky on skin, but eh...live with it. I don't like mineral oil, but eh...live with it. it has a funky smell, but...eh, not a big deal. Normally those things would be deal breakers, but the product works so well to smooth my skin, moisturize it, and reduce uneven skin tone that I'm willing to over look it. ETA: I think this is what caused my skin to get contact dermatitis, and then cystic acne (which I haven't had a problem with in well over a year). I will stick to using this on my body and go back to the Devita AHA for my face.

I use bha, aha, products regularly for KP on my arms and to control clogged pores on my face. They help to keep skin clear because they exfoliate. However, recently I noticed that the scars where not fading as much as when I first started six months ago. I added this product to my routine and, yeah it does smell like elmers glue, and it is sticky, but the scars are fading.

on 12/25/2007 4:55:00 AM

Got rid of the bumps on the backs of my thighs. Worth it.