AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.3

on 11/4/2005 11:25:00 AM

I hated the texture and action of this lotion...runny, and sat on top of the skin without ever sinking in...thank you mineral oil. I used it for my feet to get rid of the crevices on my heels, but I couldn't bring myself to have oily feet day and night. There are many other brands that feel better, do a better job of exfoliation because they are absorbed, and are more cosmetically appealing.

on 1/4/2006 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this. I have extremely dry, flaky, scaly skin. This gets rid of it quickly.

I don't care for the smell, but it's a small price to pay for baby soft skin. I highly recommend it.

on 1/7/2006 2:20:00 PM

I have keratosis pilaris, but I did not buy this lotion for that purpose (I use and *love* Neutrogena's Skin Smoothing Lotion for that). I bought it because I read somewhere (probably here on MUA) that it was good for cracked heels. This is the only product I have tried that stopped the cracking and smoothed out the skin.
I like the texture of the lotion; it's very thin and easy to apply, and a little goes a long way. No smell, just that faint lactic-acid odor (much stronger in Lac-Hydrin, which I used to use for KP).
Warning: It seems pretty strong. I only apply this to thickened heel skin and calluses now, because I got some on the softer tops of my feet and they started to peel. continued >>

on 1/8/2006 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This product is my HG when it comes to my Keratosis Pilaris. I had horrible breakouts on my back for several years and thought it was all acne. Tried all kinds of salicylic acid, bp, scrubs and other products, and nothing helped. My back was completely broken out, sooooo itchy and painful. My derm told me it was KP and to use petroleum jelly on it. I tried but it didn't help, either. Found info about AmLactin on KeratosisPilaris.org and tried it. It causes a very slight stinging sensation occassionally when applied, but that's normal for me - just means the acid is working to open pores. After only a few days I could tell my back was improving. I use it every night (sometimes in the morning, too, if my skin is dry or itchy). After several months, my back is now clear, and my scarring is fading. I thought it would never be clear again! I also get KP on my arms and use AmLactin for that, too. My skin is smooth and feels so much better - no more itching. Sooooo glad I found this product!

My mother uses this on her FACE! I would never use body products on my face but I have to say at 50-years-old, her skin looks amazing. I think if someone has dry/mature skin, this could be a very inexpensive alternative to other AHA facial products.

on 3/9/2006 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm enormously happy with this product. It does what says it will do: moisturize and soften rough, dry skin. I am at the age where shocking things are happening to my skin that I swore would never happen to me. One of those things is the "lizard skin" on my calves. Scaly! Ugly! Scary! I was exfoliating with a loufa sponge every day in the shower. Vigorously. The using a very emolliont lotion. It was helping - but not totally fixing the problem. I read the reviews here and figured that it must be the exfoliating properties of the AmLactin that was helping the people who have KP to be rid of it when nothing else was working. I've been using the AmLactin morning and night for about two weeks - and the skin on my calves is smooth and not at all dehydrated looking anymore. This is not a "fancy" product and has some very basic ingredients - like mineral oil. The mineral oil will leave you feeling a little "sticky" for about the first 15 minutes after application. [Of course, that may be just me because I really slather the stuff on since I hate Scaly! Ugly! Scary! so much.] But I'm more than willing to live with that because it WORKS.

on 3/29/2006 10:42:00 PM

Read the reviews in here and decided I had to try this. Day one I was in love. Couldn't believe the texture of my skin! It was so smooth. My dh even commented that my feet were smooth (I put it on my feet and then put on socks).

It is a heavy lotion, and a bit tacky. That is the one thing I hate....but to get around that, I sprinkle baby powder on me. It absorbs that tackiness right up!

I'm not so sure I'm brave enough to put it on my face, but I may try it someday. If my body feels this smooth, it'd probably do great for my face too....just worried about a breakout.

I buy mine at Costco. I believe it was around $11. Not bad at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have had a terrible problem with ingrown hairs (after using the Mach3 razor about 5 times total) that will not go away. My dermatologist suggested this. (I had already tried Tend Skin and other remedies.) It has not completely cured me, but has eliminated about 90% of the problem.

The packaging is horrible, but other than being fairly thick, I don't have an issue with the lotion. The fact that it helped me when nothing else would is enough for me.

on 4/26/2006 2:33:00 PM

Found this at a CVS sans prescription--yes! This is rather expensive (around 13 USD for a bottle) and not the most pleasant thing. It has that slightly sour AHA scent (though it is not fragranced) and makes the skin feel rather sticky for a long time after application. I have KP on my upper arms and this at night+oil after bathing and occasional manual exfoliation (don't always have time to do that) has really helped to smooth and soften my arms (though it hasn't entirely eliminated the problem and it comes back if I skip a step). So far, I've tried AmLactin 5, Neutrogena Skin Smoothing lotion and Vaseline Healthy Body lotion and the above combo. has worked the best for me.

on 5/23/2006 12:27:00 AM

I have super dry skin on my legs and this lotion does a great job of quenching it. It also gives me good turnover rate for easy exfoliation. I'm not too keen on the scent but it does the job.

Popular Lotions / Creams