AmLactin 12%

AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

4.1

on 3/28/2018 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What I cannot stand about this lotion is not smelling like horse piss, but the finish. This is absolutely THE stickiest lotion I have ever used in my life. Even if this were the only moisturizer available in the world and my skin was bleeding out of dry cracked skin, I will not use this. How do other people tolerate having this on the skin everyday? I was excited to try this as my daily body lotion because although my face is good and clear, my back unfortunately is prone to cystic pimples and is covered in acne scars. The first time I tried this, I slathered a generous amount over my entire body and noticed that the finish was quite greasy and extremely sticky. I continued rubbing it into the skin hoping it will fully absorb and the sticky feeling will dissipate, and I walked around my house naked (sorry, TMI) because I couldn't imagine putting clothes on with this unpleasant, hot stickiness situation going on. I was naked for a good 25 minutes before I realized that the sticky feeling will not go away - it's not something that will absorb, but it will merely sit on the skin. Every time my arm or hair touched my neck and breast or whatever part of my skin that had the lotion on, they will momentarily "stick" to each other because of the tacky finish, and even though I had washed my hands, every time my hands would touch any part of my body, the tackiness will rub off on my hands and I would have to wash them again. After wasting a good 40 minutes with this nonsense, I ran back into the shower and rinsed my entire body.

I got back to reading more reviews about this (because I really wanted this lotion to work for my bacne) and other people seemed to recommend putting a small, thin layer of this and work it into the skin. Who has time for that in the morning anyway, but I decided to try the suggested method of application. I pumped a small amount of it onto my hand and worked a thin layer into my body by rubbing them in as if I were giving myself a rigorous massage. After waiting for about 10 minutes and still feeling tacky, I was brave enough to try putting on clothes. Big mistake. As soon as I put my underwear on, I felt like I had become a human lint roller, attracting every fiber of whatever fabric I had on my body. Rushed to the bathroom to take a second shower again and I won't give this another try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this lotion, its the only thing that has made even the slightest difference to my chronic keratosis pilaris. It smooths out dry, flaky, bumpy skin and I noticed a big difference in only a week of use, since then the improvement has been slower but noticeable. It does have a slight scent but I've never been able to smell it once absorbed, in Europe it is also overpriced but that's the only negative! UPDATE: This is still wonderful for my KP, but not quite moisturizing enough in cooler weather so I either layer/alternate with Aveeno or Cetaphil and the results are still great!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After the first application, my hands look 5 years younger! My skin is sooo soft...not looking back...I've tried Cerave, all kinds of expensive drug store lotion and finally I've found the lotion that will moisturize, exfoliate, and make skin look younger

on 9/23/2015 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I moved to the Colorado mountains for a summer and found a bottle of this in the house I was renting. One day, in a moment of desperation, I applied it to my hands. My first thought after using it was, "Ermaghad! The old tenant filled this lotion bottle with some sort of ammonia-based cleaning fluid!," but the smell dissipated, I calmed down and read the ingredients label, and then noticed how great my hands felt.

I can't believe it's taken me this long to discover this product, especially after suffering many cold and dry northeastern winters as a kid. These days, I live in a warm climate and rarely use body lotion, but the Colorado air leaves my skin dry, tight, and itchy feeling, and the wimpy moisturizer I packed for my summer here just wasn't cutting it. Anyway, fast forward to three months later and I have totally used up mystery previous tenant's bottle of Amlactin. I'm not gonna lie, it smells pretty weird, but it works and I'm not a huge fan of fragrant products anyway. You're not supposed to use this on your face, but it worked so well on my body that I bought a night face cream containing lactic acid and that has done wonders for my complexion (I've discovered AHAs!) Also, I've been outdoors all summer and haven't experienced any sun sensitivity with this product, although I am an avid sunscreen user and I usually apply Amlactin at night.

I'm not going to be in the Centennial State for much longer, but if I ever find myself in a dry or cold climate again, you betcha I'll be repurchasing.

on 1/14/2015 10:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love to use this lotion on my feet. Not the most appealing product scent/packaging wise but great for dry skin. Works great on feet when wearing fuzzy socks overnight.

on 11/8/2014 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I bought this to deal with my super dry legs in winter and brighten up a couple of scars I have from mosquito bites. It unfortunately leaves a film of oil on my skin, instead of completely absorbing, which I hate. It also burns real bad if you apply it after shaving your legs. I've also not seen and brightening effects on my scars. Basically, I just don't see what the hype is. I am going to finish the whole bottle and go with Glytone next.

on 8/17/2014 4:01:00 PM

This stuff is amazing. I was a little reluctant to buy since beautypedia claims it doesn't work because of ph, but decided to try based on glowing reviews and recommendations for a friend. I have kp on my arms, and these little bumps on my legs that are a bit like kp and have just always been there (literally, I've had them for years) and literally just feel like every pore on my leg skin is clogged.

I tried this lotion and yes, as others have stated, the smell isn't the most pleasant. However, I'm not big on fragrance free products, so I'll accept the smell. It dissipates fairly soon. Also, skin feels a little sticky for a short period of time after putting the lotion on, which also dissipates. But that said, because of the stickiness, I tend to use this a night, not in the morning, just because I don't have the time in the morning to wait for the to dry.

The effect on my skin has been incredible, and so fast! Within a couple of days, the skin on my legs has been smoother than it has been in probably over 10 years. The effect compounds, so the more you use it, the smoother the skins gets. After a while, I could use it every other day to maintain. I briefly stopped using this while I was on vacation because I didn't want to carry the big bottle, and the bumps came back within a couple of days, so this lotion has definitely been fully responsible for the magic.

on 3/23/2013 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On my 2nd bottle of this stuff..Great for those with KP..I have moderate KP on my arms and legs and this keeps it under control. It is also great on my feet and keeps my heels from being nasty and dry. I used this twice a day for the first week and now use it every other day to keep my KP away. Yes it doesn't smell very good but you have to remember that this is a chemical lotion and is suppose to treat skin, not make it smell good..plus the smell doesn't linger..my skin doesn't smell like anything after I use it. I will continue to repurchase this for my KP!

I found this lotion while searching for a lotion with alpha hydroxy, but this is far better for improving skin tone. I do not feel the product is too expensive, and the pump on the bottle makes for easy application. After a full week of use my skin is softer, smoother, and my skin tone is more even. I recommend AmLactin to anyone who is looking for a good lotion! In a different review someone said it smells like plastic, but I do not have a sense of smell, so if someone wants a better scent, try a quick spritz of your favorite body spray (not perfume). I use the lotion every other day after my shower, but the bottle recommends to use twice a day. Imagine how wonderful I would look if I did it that often!

on 9/6/2012 5:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have absolutely no complaints about the performance of AmLactin. It works, and it works FAST. I have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms, and this lotion made my arms noticeably smoother within a few days. I find that I don't have to reapply it that often to maintain the results, either... at this point, I apply it before bed 2-3 times a week, and it keeps the bumps at bay.

I don't particularly like the texture of the lotion, however. It's very runny and it doesn't absorb into the skin very quickly. Also, it's fragrance-free, and the way it smells is... eh, not terrible, but certainly not pleasant. To get over the texture/smell issues, I like to mix 2 parts AmLactin with 1 part of a thicker, lightly scented body lotion before I apply it.

Popular Lotions / Creams