AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.3

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

have kp and definitely made my arms moisturized and less gross looking...not a fan of the scent but i can live with it

on 7/1/2008 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This product saved me from ingrown hairs. I used to have them pretty badly and got them no matter if I shaved, waxed, after shower, before shower, etc... if I use it once a day, or even less sometimes, I hardly get any ingrown hairs on my legs.

Even though it's pricier than other lotions, a little goes a long way. Just be aware that it's runnier than other lotions so be careful when you squeeze the bottle. Kinda smells like glue but it goes away really fast but it makes my skin smooth and gets rid of my grown hairs (which really were unsightly).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you have KP (Keratosis Pilaris) this is the stuff to use. No, it doesn't smell pretty. No, the bottle isn't attractive, but it makes YOU look pretty and to me that is all that counts in the long run. No more bumps on my arms, thighs, bum or lower back.

I noticed a difference within 24 hours of using it. It's funny, because for a few months I stopped using it, then started again and I noticed the distinct difference in my skin right away. AmLactin made me look healthier, more toned and smooth overall, and I've had KP for 22 years!

on 12/25/2007 4:55:00 AM

Got rid of the bumps on the backs of my thighs. Worth it.

I found out about this product on here and I've been using it for my skin condition on my legs. I am not sure if it's KP or folliculitus or dermatitus. I get horrible itchy skin and severe bumps, redness. This stuff seems to control it. My legs aren't perfect but I would say 80% improvement. The bottle from Costco is a great price. I also use PC 2% which works about the same but is too expensive.

Great for use on knees, elbows, and feet, but keep it far away from your face, I learned that the hard way after severe chemical burns!!!

on 5/23/2006 12:27:00 AM

I have super dry skin on my legs and this lotion does a great job of quenching it. It also gives me good turnover rate for easy exfoliation. I'm not too keen on the scent but it does the job.

on 4/26/2006 2:33:00 PM

Found this at a CVS sans prescription--yes! This is rather expensive (around 13 USD for a bottle) and not the most pleasant thing. It has that slightly sour AHA scent (though it is not fragranced) and makes the skin feel rather sticky for a long time after application. I have KP on my upper arms and this at night+oil after bathing and occasional manual exfoliation (don't always have time to do that) has really helped to smooth and soften my arms (though it hasn't entirely eliminated the problem and it comes back if I skip a step). So far, I've tried AmLactin 5, Neutrogena Skin Smoothing lotion and Vaseline Healthy Body lotion and the above combo. has worked the best for me.

Amlactin is the best solution I've found for keratosis pilaris so far. Although I still have a lot of bumps, they have lessened considerably with daily use of amlactin.

Two things I don't like about this product: It smells strange and makes my skin feel sticky. I assume that the stickiness is from the product pulling moisture to my skin, but it feels like I'm in very humid weather.

on 6/30/2004 12:06:00 PM

**Update** After 6 weeks of using this lotion (I'm still on the original bottle!) it seems to have lost its effectiveness. A few small bumps reappeared. It's still better than if I hadn't used the lotion - but I'm going to ask the derm if he recs something different.** I bought this to soothe mild KP. I actually tried to buy Lac-Hydrin 12% based on P'ville reviews, but that is prescription whereas AmLactin is OTC (but you still have to ask the pharmacist for it). Kinda pricey, $18 for a medium sized bottle. Regardless, I am VERY happy with the results. I saw significant improvement within a week (applying twice a day), and now three weeks later, I don't have a bump in sight. I did not notice any fragrance to the lotion. The only downside is that the lotion feels sticky, and doesn't ever really dry (due to the humectant properties). A small price to pay for pretty skin. Symptoms are reduced to nearly nothing, but the KP is not treated, so I will continue re-purchasing.

Popular Lotions / Creams