AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I think AmLactin does help my KP, but the lactic acid is too harsh for me to use it alone all over my face. I use it to moisturize my t-zone, no problem, but if I use it by itself on my cheeks, they feel tight and start flaking. I want to use AmLactin on my cheeks, though, because that's where my KP is. So what I do is first apply AmLactin, then apply some other moisturizer (like Cetaphil). It seems to decrease my KP and keep my skin soft. Don't expect a miracle, though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have keratosis pilaris on my legs (basically super dry skin bumps.) None of those intense repair and super moisturizing lotions did A THING. Suddenly, it got really bad. My legs were full of red, itchy/painful bumps!! It actually looked like psoriasis or something. I started using my lotions. Those made them smooth for maybe an hour or two, but just stayed on the surface and did nothing to get rid of the bumps. I didn't want to have to go to the dermatologist, so I bought this b/c I heard such great things, and the derm probably would have recommended it anyway. WOW. THIS IS THE BEST LOTION I HAVE EVER USED! I have only been using it for a few days, so I'll edit when my legs are more used to it. The bumps' redess and size was greatly reduced by the FIRST DAY. This stuff is wonderful. When using it on my body, I apply it twice a day, when I wake up and before bed. Every other day, I'll use a body scrub to exfoliate the dead skin. After, I apply Amlactin. Warning- it does sting! In a good way, though, haha.) I have light acne and decided to try this on my face. It had alpha hydroxy acid, which is supposed to work wonders for acne. I haven't been using it long, but so far so good. I haven't broken out (crossing fingers,) and it hasn't made me oily. This is definitely a keeper :)

EDIT- This ended up being very harsh for my skin. Also, I went through the bottle way too fast for it to be worth it, especially because it was making my skin worse :( It cased my face to break out as well as my legs. Now I'm on Cetphil Restoraderm. It works bery well and is much gentler!

on 6/18/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this to soften up my rough, dry feet. It reeks of ammonia, but I added some peppermint oil and it covers up the scent and makes my feet tingle. So far, it is working great. My feet are soft and smooth, and they look great in sandals. It is a bit expensive, but at costco you can get a large bottle for $16-17.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I keep forgetting to write a review on this fabulous product! One day I ran out of my AH Souffle and figured I could go another week without using it since I have to order it online. Umm...wrongo! By day 2 my skin looked dull and i got a few zits that I needed to get rid of fast.

I researched AmLactin in the past and always kept it in my "products to try" list so that day I headed down to Walgreens and purchased the 8 oz lotion. (i've not tried the cream formula, i probably will never get around to it) After 5 days my skin was back to being clear and my glow was back! I know someone would be wary of using a BODY LOTION on their face but there are no known pore cloggers in the ingredients and my thought process was "if it works for keratosis pilaris, why couldn't it work for acne?" Well, it DOES!
This is my current night moisturizer and even spot treatment sometimes in the morning.
It makes me look super greasy after applying it even though I don't glob it on. Just a quarter+dime size amount is more than enough for my face. I avoid applying to my eyes because, ouch, it stings. Also since I use it practically every night it does eventually start to sting around your nose, so I avoid applying around there as well.

A small recent example of how well AmLactin works:
After using Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Liquid sunblock for 2.5 weeks, I found my whole jaw area and my forehead/temples CLOGGED to hell. I stopped using it a week ago and went to AmLactin to hopefully save me. It purged a few of the zits (some are still healing, but very quickly) and just completely got rid of some others. I'm still working on getting this outbreak clear but after this now I KNOW that this little $26 lotion is a gem. A fabulous drugstore hidden gem. It's not very cosmetically elegant, the packaging is so boring, but dammit it works and that's great enough for me.

oh, and of course an added bonus: it fades acne marks so much better than the souffle ever did ;)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I purchased the 14.1 oz bottle (with a pump, yes!!) at Walgreen's, around 6 months ago. It is a little expensive - but it's worth it. If you really think about it though, it's a lotion with 12% AHA at 14.1 oz - I don't remember how much it was exactly, I think it was a little over $20. I know the 8 oz is $16.99. If you divide that by the amount you'd pay for an AHA cream (Let's say $5+ for a 1-2 oz jar) it's actually a pretty good value.. $1+ an oz. And actually, I just checked CVS' website and the reg price for their 8 oz bottle is $14.99. So you may want to shop around first. If you purchase this, make sure to USE THE COUPON on AmLactin's website. You'll save a couple of dollars (http://www.amlactin.com/coupon.html). *** The main reason I purchased this lotion is because of the Keratosis Pilaris (KP) I've had on my upper arms all of my life. I actually never knew I had KP, until someone pointed it out. If you're not familiar with what it is, it's tiny colorless bumps that look like goosebumps - the area can look a little rosy pink as well. They tend to appear less in the heat, and more in the cold. It's very common esp. if you have dry skin or eczema. Mine isn't bad, but I'd like to keep it under control. This really helps. Also, genetically I have coarse hair - and I tend to get ingrown on my legs from shaving - that appear as little bumps.. and I sometimes feel like I never get a smooth shave because of it. This helps exfoliate your skin and lets those little hairs pop out. This is effective on my knees and elbows as well. I actually, sometimes even use it on my face to help fade blemish scars. Love this stuff and I highly recommend it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Okay, i originally bought this product for my mild KP, I've been applying it right after i get out of the shower, and it seems to be improving after only a week of use. The bumps on my legs have smoothed out a bit and the discoloration is fading more every time i use it. But the reason i LOVE this stuff is for my face. I had always had nice skin, small pores, and hardly any acne, but this winter my skin took a crap, turning rough, dull, and uneven, with large pores and a bit of acne. My face had never done this before and i could not figure out why for the life of me. I only recently realized that my skin became this way because the moisturizer i had been using for 3+ years and recently had to throw away contained AHA, so i decided to give this stuff a try. I put just a tiny bit on over the rough spots on my face, over a heavier moisturizer, and no joke, in 1 hour my skin already looked smoother and less dull. After 48 hours my skin looks about 75% better, my pores and have shrunk considerably, and all the rough skin has been smoothed out.
It's a little expensive for what you get, but it's so worth it if it keeps my skin looking healthy and beautiful. (:

on 4/24/2010 11:34:00 PM

I got in this in prescription form when I was younger and I've also bought it over-the-counter. I use it for mild KP (for those who don't know, KP=keratosis pilaris. It refers to those really annoying little bumps that a lot of people get on the backs of their arms and elsewhere. They look a lot like pimples.)
Pros: does help smooth KP bumps, it's extremely hydrating and it sinks into skin pretty quickly.
Cons: smell is a little icky, it causes sun sensitivity (which is a problem since most people with KP are quite pale,) and it's kind of expensive.

To achieve great results I personally have to use it religiously (like twice daily.) I usually layer a lighter, nice-smelling lotion on top, just because of the scent.

I've gotten equal or better results with my KP from using coconut oil daily, but I still keep a bottle around just because sometimes I don't want to wait for oil to sink in.

on 3/13/2009 1:46:00 AM

I was told by my derm that this was the best thing to clear up KP. So I've been using it for a week now and I already can tell a huge difference in my skin. My KP is less red and my skin is much, much softer. Also, I suffer from moderate acne and I am using this as my moisturizer in the morning and on the nights when I need a break from my topical gel (DuAc). I use this after cleansing with a PanOxyl 10 bar (which are AMAZING, btw)... It stings and makes me a bit red, but it moisturizes and my skin always looks a lot better in the morning. Its exfoliating my skin nicely and for that I am so grateful, because having acne and dry skin is absolutley the worst. It doesn't make me any more oily than usual and I can use a sunscreen with it too. So overall, its cheap for the amount of things you can use it for. My only complaint is that the bottle is pretty big, so instead of carrying it around in my makeup bag I just put a bit of it in a smaller spare bottle and now its much more convienant.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought Amlactin 12% moisturizing creme a few nights ago at Walgreens. I have had KP for my entire life. It got better when I was about 16, but I'm 23 now, I just had a baby, and my KP looks worse than ever before.
I (like most KP sufferers) desperately try to improve my KP, but I'm used to being disappointed and penniless after purchasing products that don't work or seem to make my KP look worse.
So far, I have applied this creme two-three times daily. Immediately after applying it, my KP looks a bit redder than it did pre-application, but after a few hours my red polka dots look smaller, lighter, and certainly are smoother in texture.
This is the most promising product I have ever used. I am going to continue it twice daily until I run out, and if this progress continues, I think we may have found the best KP solution there is!

i have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms, calf, and basically all over my body but not to severe in these places (not red).

could someone tell me how much to use and how long it would be until i see results?

i think i get itchy from this lotion, but i am not sure yet. it might just be the kp. it doesn't smell that bad, it doesn't smell good but it is tolerable, so for those who are complaining about it...pretty sad.

how well does it work for the kp? no bumps/redness at all? or just diminished?

Popular Lotions / Creams