TALIKA Lash Conditioning Cleanser (oil free)

No Image

3.1

on 10/16/2005 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is just an OK eye makeup remover. Just pump onto a cotton ball, hold for a few seconds, then swipe your eye m/u away (or so they claim). About half of your makeup will be gone. It will take several more swipes and more product until you are done. That is assuming your makeup is not waterproof. If you wear waterproof m/u, this product is not going to work well for you. It does leave the eye area and lashes soft and I love the pump application, but it does not work well at all on waterproof eye m/u, especially mascara.

As a contact lens wearer, I found that getting this product in your eye and on your contact lenses, will cause big problems. It stung and burned my sensitive eyes and caused me to have to remove and clean my lenses. I will probably not even finish this bottle, and just go back to my Lancome Bi-Facial eye m/u remover.

This is the best eye makeup remover I've used - there's no need to pull or rub your eyes - you just swipe it on. I use my fingers and then wipe off the residue and makeup with a tissue. It lost a lipstick though because of the fact that it stings like hell if you get it in your eyes, which is bound to happen when you're removing mascara. The same happens with Talika's lipocils treatment - I just don't know why they make eye products that sting! But overall it does a good job (no panda eyes the next morning!) and doesn't trash my lashes.

on 6/23/2005 3:17:00 PM

I chose this as one of my samples when i placed an order from sephora online. It does a GREAT job in removing my eye makeup with very little effort.. HOWEVER i had an allergic reaction to this after using it. my eyes became extremely dry, red and irritated.. causing... a lot of discomfort. and i did wash my face after using this, as with all removers i always wash my face after to get rid of all the residue that may be left behind. too bad.. it did effectively remove all my makeup but at a cost. I have other removers that are extremely gentle and has no such side effects.

on 5/30/2005 8:32:00 PM

What a wonderful eye makeup remover! This is the first time that I have found my HG for lashes. It not only removes every bit of your mascara but does it in two sypes (sp)! It leaves your lashes sooooo soft & silky you don't even need to condition them after using. The price point is very reasonable too, at $20US you can't beat it. I plan on using this for a very long time. At least until or unless someone comes up with a better one.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a nice zing for tired, expired eyes. The absence of oil is reassuring and somehow compassionate and although the dispenser is a bit of a tricky bugger, once you get the goods out it's easy sailing from there. I just repeat the mantra: "with each swipe, I'm one step closer to bed". Mascara, waterproof or not- BE GONE *poof*. Voila! (Note to self: don't forget the Mavala at this crucial moment. Or the Shiseido Eye Revitalizer...)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Eh...nothing special. Also, the pump doesn't work very well and so nothing will come out and then it will squirt across the room. Entertaining, but not useful. Removes eyemakeup, but so does the $5 Almay and Maybelline removers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I found a whole section of talika items at a sasa store in hong kong and I am constantly looking for an effective eye make up remover and I found this for about $20 US and its 100 ml and works great at removing my waterproof mascara. It also conditions my lashes. Its a pump tall bottle. It is a gel form and its light blue-green.