L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

(2018 REFORMULATED)water, dimethicone, isododecane, cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, butylene glycol, synthetic fluorphlogopite, disteardimonium hectorite, hydroxyethylpiperazine ethane sulfonic acid,cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, tocopherol, panthenol, aluminum hydroxide, hydroxyethyl urea, hydrated silica, methicone, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate....OLD FORMULA: Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 11/1/2016 11:36:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. For sure my new #1 foundation. I am so happy I have finally found a foundation pale that is warm toned to match my skin. I find it has light-medium coverage with one layer, and it looks really natural. I use a primer beforehand and a bit of setting powder after and it lasts great. I find it has a matte satin finish, it actually looks nice without powder as well.

Thank you for making a super pale shade, l'oreal! I no longer look like an orange.

on 10/30/2016 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have really, acne-prone skin so I had such high hopes for this foundation based on MUA reviews. coverage was a little more than I prefer so I applied it with a damp sponge and then reapplied to cover acne scars. The appearance was pretty natural and it did seem to cut down on my oil breakthrough but unfortunately it started to oxidize on me after a few hours.

on 10/27/2016 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Not bad for a drugstore foundation, however this gives me a dewy look due to my skin type, and it offers sheer to medium coverage for me so I wouldn't wear this on its own unless I was going for a "no makeup look". I tend to lean towards this in the summer time when I want to use a lighter foundation. I have this in the shade "Creme Cafe". When I do use it, I mix it with my MAC Studio Fix Fluid. The packaging is okay, I'm not picky about having a pump or not, and the price was around $15. Overall it's decent.

I brought this foundation because of the reviews I've heard all over YouTube. I liked it at first, but my skin has recently got more dry, and this foundation is not flattering on it. It's streaky with a brush, looks dry on my dry skin, I find it a little bit hard to blend, and I have the lightest shade and it's quite yellow but it's workable. Packaging is good and easy, it's more on the pricey side.

on 10/4/2016 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this foundation when I was looking for a staple drugstore foundation that would have a good tone match. The true match really is good for different skin tones, they have a wide variety of colours for nearly everyone.

The consistency is on the thicker side of a liquid foundation. When applied it starts at a medium coverage which can be built to a full. The coverage is a great satin finish which doesn't really need powdering. Other powder products apply really well on top.

The things that don't really work for me are:
1. It tends to look extremely cakey on me. I have combo/oily skin and within 3-4 hours the coverage looks heavy.
2. This causes me breakouts. I have worn this for 4 months after 4-5 day intervals and each time I wear this (6-10hrs) I break out in small red bumps all over. Sometimes the bumps become more irritated and take ages to go away.

I really like the coverage and tone match but unfortunately for me the negatives out way the positives.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My face looks glowing because the foundation has really fine highlight.

My pores look bigger. I've tried putting on primer and using a damp sponge, using my fingers, and using a brush. My pores still look big. It is nice though that they have sooo many shades so you're bound to find your perfect shade. I like to mix this with other foundation so I still get the glowing face look while my pores look normal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been trying to find a foundation that doesn't oxidize into a yellow mess for quite a while. I tried this one on the recommendation of a friend.

My shade is the lightest cool tone, C1, and it was a PERFECT match. I was really excited and impressed, because normally I have a lot of trouble finding a foundation that's pale enough for me but still in the same undertone. The color selection is amazing.

However, after 3-4 hours my face look liked I'd sprayed it with PAM. I blotted and powdered and it improved a little, but 2 hours later I had the same problem. I don't have oily skin, so this really surprised me, especially considering I set it with a matte powder foundation to begin with.

It also went on VERY streaky and I had to work hard to get it to blend properly into my skin. This made me really sad because of the "super-blendable" claim.

At the end of my work day, I got home and had the dreaded yellow face mask. It oxidized really bad. I tried it again a second time with a primer, and it didn't turn quite as yellow, but definitely changed color.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed. Fortunately Ulta has a good return policy.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I honestly loved this foundation. The only problem I found was finding a summer shade when my skin got darker. One step up was way too dark and my current colour was way too light.

I tried this foundation on a whim about a year ago, and I always end up coming back to it. Quite impressive for a product junkie!

I bought my bottle in the shade N2, which is a perfect match for my neutral-fair skin. I always have a problem with foundations being either too cool or too warm, but this product is truly a neutral shade. I usually apply this product with a damp blender sponge, and the result is a light coverage that feels very lightweight and natural on my skin. I usually build it up to medium in some of my problem areas, and I am able to get more coverage without it caking up or feeling heavy.

When I first apply this foundation, it settles into a natural matte finish that eventually turns dewy as the day wears on. I usually get about 5 hours out of this product, but I expect that I could extend it to 8 with a good primer in my oilier T-Zone.

I do wish that this foundation came in a pump dispenser, and it sometimes clings to my dry patches when my skin is on the drier side. However, I would recommend this to anyone with normal to slightly oily skin who is looking for a natural, lightweight foundation.

on 9/9/2016 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have oily acne-prone skin and I love this foundation.

I have the new formula in the shade C1/R1. It has a really nice matte finish and feels very lightweight. During the day, I would usually mix this with Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless in the shade 110- Porcelain to tone down the full coverage look and for its sunscreen.

I also love the pump, but I wish it did not come in a glass bottle as I am generally not a fan of glass packaging on anything- let alone foundations, except for perfumes. I am also very accident-prone and tend to drop/knock things over by mistake. In addition, the glass packaging does not make it very travel friendly which is why I needed to transfer it to a plastic airless pump bottle.

Having said the above, for me personally, when it comes to any liquid foundation, I can only wear it for a few hours before my oil seeps through and melts it down, making me look cakey. Which is why I only wear it for when I go out for 2-3 hours to run errands and stuff. As much as I love this foundation, I would not use this for a full work day as it will completely break down by the 5-6 hour mark and make me look like a walking cakey oil slick.

Would I recommend this to everyone? Yes, especially to those who have oily acne-prone skin like I do :)