L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

(2018 REFORMULATED)water, dimethicone, isododecane, cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, butylene glycol, synthetic fluorphlogopite, disteardimonium hectorite, hydroxyethylpiperazine ethane sulfonic acid,cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, tocopherol, panthenol, aluminum hydroxide, hydroxyethyl urea, hydrated silica, methicone, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate....OLD FORMULA: Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 12/13/2016 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This make up is a true miracle to my oily skin compared with other much more expensive foundations such as Lancome, Chanel, Estée Lauder and others I have tried. Stays more or less the same all day, which is incredible on my super oily skin. Love this product.

on 12/13/2016 5:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

on 11/28/2016 4:49:00 PM

This is an ok foundation for a drugstore foundation. It may be a dupe for urban decay naked skin for some but I prefer UD over this but love the color range in the l'oreal. It does go on smoothly and blends but for my combo skin, this did not hold up well after a couple of hours. It broke up on my skin no matter how much I moisturized and used primer or applied in different ways. It looked awful on my skin but I can see how this may look good on those with normal to oily skin.

on 11/28/2016 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a good liquid foundation but not for oily/combo skin. I get oily in my T-zone after a few hours of wear, I get the dreaded shine. I like this foundation for the summer because it's lighter and I like that dewey look and it also has some sunscreen in it but beware of shine if you're oily at all! The coverage is light to medium, not for a full face if you're going to an event/know you'll be photographed.

on 11/26/2016 7:44:00 AM

I have repurchased this one. I have N2 for the winter and N3 for the summer, and I mix them together in between. Both shades look really natural on me. I always use a Beauty Blender with this, and the finish is great. I use very little and it covers my mild redness when I have some, and I use concealer for darker spots that this doesn't quite cover, so I would say it's sheer to medium coverage.
The foundation has a nice sheen to it and holds up pretty well to oil. If it's hot out I do tend to find that my face gets more oily if I wear this than if I wear nothing, and even when blotting the oil comes back in short order; but, nevertheless at the end of the day it doesn't look horrible and when I remove my makeup there's still plenty of foundation on my oily bits. I would say that the center of my forehead can get dry in the colder months, as now, and that patch doesn't look great in certain light (like it's 'clinging' to the dry patch I guess) so my take is that this is best suited for oily to combo / normal skin.
It feels weightless, you can't tell you're wearing something, I have to remind myself to keep my chin off my fist during the workday. Oh, and I mix this with a teeny bit of Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal or moonstone, so my review is for the mix of these products FYI. Also, I always prep skin with cleanser/ moisturizer/ serums/ sunscreen before applying. I wouldn't rely on this for sunscreen ladies! You won't slather on enough to make the SPF17 work and even if you did, it wouldn't be enough; go for at least SPF 30.
I don't think the addition of a pump to be that useful- it would be extra plastic that the world doesn't need to waste, and it's quite easy to gently pour a little out onto the back of your hand to mix with your Becca. Dot onto face and blend. Easy.

on 11/25/2016 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've heard really good things about this foundation, and I had high hopes for it; mainly because I've heard that it's really good for dry skin compared to other drugstore liquid foundations. However this clung to all my dry patches, which was super disappointing. The finish is beautiful though, and the shade range is awesome.

on 11/17/2016 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had eyeballed this product for years and never took the plunge. Then recently I had a bad breakout and wanted something with some coverage that wasn't too thick and goopy, so I gave this a try. I tried the N2 and it's a really good match for my skin -- even better than many other foundations. (But I'm a light-skinned white woman, so that isn't saying much, I suppose.)

It has no scent, which is a real bonus for me, since some scented lotions, creams and foundations make my face feel red, warm and itchy. I like the feel and the coverage that comes with this. It feels lighter than a lot of foundations -- more liquidlike than lotion -- and like the name says, it's super blendable. It may be a mouthful, but it's true. I like that I can just dab a bit on and build it up from there, if need be, especially considering my skin's recovery from a bad breakout when I want some coverage but not to look cakey. (It helps that it feels like a moisturizer, too.) It also imparts a slightly dewy, glowy finish that looks natural.

I kind of like the bottle, as it's memorable and simple with it being glass and kind of no-nonsense in design, but it would be kind of nice if it had a dropper or something to just get a bit of product out at a time without fear of contaminating the batch with fingertips. Overall, I really like it. I get decent coverage (it's not full coverage, but a good happy medium) and it feels comfortable and not heavy or sticky at all.

2/27/18 update: I've actually done one of the things I rarely do: I purchased a second bottle of this. I sometimes mixed the original bottle's contents with tinted moisturizer, etc., for a bit more coverage while still feeling moisturized, and had gotten down to the dregs, but starting a new bottle, I remember how much I really like this formula. It's light, not high coverage, but feels gentle and non-irritating while evening out my complexion without ever making it look cakey.

on 11/14/2016 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

ThIs has been my tried and true foundation for several years now. There are so many shades to choose from, I was able to find my exact match fairly easily (C2-Natural Ivory). Very blendable, good coverage, not too thick, but not too thin. Love, love, love this affordable drugstore foundation. I only have two complaints. 1) the bottle. I wish it was a pump. Not a huge complaint, but a pump would have been nice. 2) it is long lasting, except for around the nose. I'm not sure if I'm just super oily around my nose, and the fact that I wear glasses might have something to do with it, but the foundation either becomes cakey or rubs off completely around my nose. All in all, it is still an amazing product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have used this for years. I love to try different foundations and to experiment with both drugstore and higher end brands. This is a foundation I keep on purchasing and it is a great option for everyday makeup. It's cheap and convenient to buy. I get the color W1 Porcelain. It can be hard to find a foundation that doesn't look orange on my fair skin but this one is much more of a cream/ pale yellow color and works perfectly with my skin tone. Like I mentioned I get W1 but my skin tone is actually cool toned so I encourage you to hold up the bottles next to your skin to know what works best for you instead on relying on the bottle category colors of w for warm, n for neutral, or c for cool skin tone. Both the cool and neutral shades did not look right for my skin tone. Depending on how you apply this foundation the coverage can be light or medium. I use my freshly washed hands to apply my makeup most days but occasionally I will use my Tarte Airbrush Finish Foundation Brush. I like that this makeup still looks natural and like my own skin. It does not look like I'm wearing a full heavy face of makeup. This foundation has a slight dewy finish and I use finishing translucent powder on top to set my foundation. To get the foundation out of the glass bottle you pour it which does make the bottle get messy around the cap but I do like that you get to decide how much product you want instead of having a pump decide for you and waste the foundation. This makeup does stay on fairly well but after about 8 hours it will wear off around my nose in a patchy uneven way. This makeup is wonderful in summertime since it is thin and feels like you have nothing on if you apply it lightly. I think this is a great makeup overall and I highly recommend it!

on 11/7/2016 7:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an Okay foundation... I love how there were yellow tones available - they are very hard to find at the drugstore. Unfortunately, this foundation makes my skin look so dry and "sad". I'm not a fan of the packaging. Medium buildable coverage.