3.3

Shop Now

Reviews

from

4 days ago

I am not a fan of the pumpless packaging, but I do appreciate the nice shade match (2.5 works for my light olive ~NC20 skin), and affordable price. Unfortunately, it requires serious primer and powdering to last on my oily skin. The finish is nice for the first few hours, until the oil comes through.

About reviewer (149 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

2 months ago

For reference I am sand beige, W5. I have very dry skin and unfortunately it did not work for me. It made me look very noticeably powdery. I have tried it with primer, without primer, with bare hands, with a brush, and with a beauty blender and none of those techniques have worked for me. It's too bad because the shade range in this line has so many options and it is so affordable.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3.0

2 months ago

Silicone/slip texture not the best when building coverage over blemishes. Nice shades. Very affordable. Cheap packaging and no pump. Recommended to dab over a foundation for a smooth finish or for someone without dark blemishes and less sensitive skin

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

2 months ago

Shout out to Loreal True Match! I read that True Match is a dupe for Clinique Even Better Foundation and I was surprised to find out it’s (almost) true. My shade is really hard to find so I was excited to see that Clinique Oat is a good match for my skin. But I do NOT want to pay Clinique prices. Loreal True Match W6 (Sun Biege) is very close to Clinique Even Better in Oat, if maybe a quarter shade lighter. The finish and feel are also similar to the Clinique, which are key for me. The finish is skin like and the feel is comfortable. Interestingly, True Match W5.5 (Suntan) is actually a little darker than W6 and slightly more yellow. I like both shades on me and might mix them to see how that looks.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Fair

HairGrey

EyesBlue

2 months ago

This is a review comparing the newer shade W0.5 Creamy Ivory to W1 Porcelain. Both of these colors work for me. Though I find W0.5 the better match because it leans more yellow while W1 leans more peachy (I am a very pale yellow!) There really does not appear to be much difference in the lightness between the two. Looking at the bottles side by side, W0.5 has a LOT less of the shimmeriness of W1 for some reason. It seems slightly more matte too. I will update later when I have worn this for a few hours. Update: I wore this (W0.5) with only my usual moisturizer underneath. No primer or setting powder. I patted it on with my Real Techniques blender. It wears surprisingly well! After about 8 hours, it had only wore off a little on my nose, but I had rubbed it a lot. It only creased in my fine lines slightly, actually less than W1 does. I have a very oily t-zone and it seems to look less oily WITH this foundation rather than without. This is a very good foundation for the price! I've tried a few different foundations but I always seem to come back to L'oreal True Match.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairRed

3 months ago

I have dry skin which my fave foundations don't accentuate. But this foundation does. At first it goes on nicely with a RT sponge. But a few hours later my forehead is a flaky mess. Pros: -Goes on beautifully at first -Feels lightweight with very little transfer -Great shade range presented in a way that makes it easy to find a good match Cons: -Not moisturizing so it might emphasize dry spots, especially on dry skin -Would be great if it had a pump I'll use this up, but i won't be repurchasing. (It's a shame because I found an excellent colour match).

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3 months ago

I've purchased this foundation in several shades, N3 (Natural Buff-Neutral) and W3 (Nude Beige - warm) and realized that I must be cool toned, because these shades were too peachy-orange for me. I think it's a pretty good foundation for a DS brand, but it's just a bit too matte for my mature skin. I thought my complexion looked too flat. I would recommend it for anyone with an oilier skin or mature skin that is textured and needs a more matte finish. The shade range is great though.

About reviewer (440 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

4 months ago

No scent, looks natural, blends easily, can be worn sheer or built up for flawless skin, doesn’t cause breakouts, has a really nice shade selection, has spf. It’s nice and liquidy so it melts into your skin perfectly, it sets and lasts for the day on me without powder. I usually apply it with my fingers because it’s so easy to blend you really don’t have to fuss with it.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlond

EyesOther

4 months ago

I love this foundation. The W4 is ideal for my yellow toned skin. Good buildable coverage that looks natural, lasts all day, & beautiful finish that’s not matte but doesn’t make me look shiny. I’ve tried a million foundations & always come back to this one

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairBlond

2.0

5 months ago

This is not a bad foundation (I mean I tried worse!) but there is still scope for improvement... NOTE: I'm reviewing the european version in a glass, pump bottle, after the product's been reformulated AGAIN in mid 2019. The European version has chemical sunscreen in spf17 but I never trust sunscreen in makeup so I would wear a layer of sunscreen underneath anyway. So bear in mind, all my foundations reviews are based on that. I have two shades 2W and 3W, my skin is light to medium and has neutral and olive undertones. 2W is at least 2 tones too light (I look like a ghost when I apply it), 3W is two tones too dark and very orange looking (so L'Oreal claims that this foundation matches 98% of skin tones is boll*** because it simply does not), mixed 2:1 these colours give me about my correct shade. I apply about 1/2 pump of product (the pump in the packaging is VERY GOOD, they did well here - the glass packaging, well designed pump, very pleasant to handle and doses the right amount of product each time) with my Real Techniques orange sponge (need to review that one, it is excellent!) which simply makes every foundation look better. Even this one. My skin is combination (slightly oilier T zone, dehydrated cheeks, no major issue with texture, my skin is in a good nick atm). This makes me look like I'm wearing LOADS of makeup! There are golden specks floating in the foundation and these are visible on the skin but instead giving glow, these just look weird and distribute randomly. Silicones seem to evaporate and leave a powdery layer on top of skin with a waxy glossy layer underneath. It looks dry and caked on the skin. Bear in mind that I would only apply 1/2 pump of this product very very sheerly - I cannot imagine applying this in the amounts that some YTbers use! I would not use powder on top either (it looks very matte on me when first applied), I would just blot as the day progresses. Where do people see glow in this, I don't know. It gathers in my smile lines on the sides of my mouth and makes the surface of the skin dehydrated and flat. No light bounces off it, despite these golden flecks. I have to blot this pretty much every 3 hours, otherwise I look like a greasy mess - when blotted goes flat matte again, this time without a weird, waxy layer on top. It gathers in pores too ( so called 'polka dot face' syndrome) and does not cover much, the coverage is medium at most. Which I don't mind especially that i cannot find my correct shade anyway! This is supposedly a dupe of Armani's Luminous Silk, if so, thank God it was only about £10 (I bough it when Boots had 3 for 2 offer). I will try to make it work with perhaps some silicone base and report back. So far, 2 lippies and that is mainly to appreciate the packaging...

About reviewer (218 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm