L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

(2018 REFORMULATED)water, dimethicone, isododecane, cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, butylene glycol, synthetic fluorphlogopite, disteardimonium hectorite, hydroxyethylpiperazine ethane sulfonic acid,cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, tocopherol, panthenol, aluminum hydroxide, hydroxyethyl urea, hydrated silica, methicone, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate....OLD FORMULA: Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Weird as it sounds, this foundation has elevated from absolutely hated to potential holy grail for me. Kind of like NARS ADLW, it is very finicky to get it to work, but once you manage to do so, it looks absolutely incredible.

At first, I thought this stuff was the foundation of nightmares: it clung to my dry patches, made my nose an oil slick within a few hours, sunk straight into my smile lines, and looked extremely thick and streaky, all at once. However, surprisingly, all the problems were rather simple to fix: starting a gentler, more moisturizing skincare routine, applying a few drops of argan oil before foundation, using a mattifying primer on the t-zone, and using a damp BB instead of a stippling foundation brush, and - presto - suddenly this foundation worked like magic. On my normal/slightly dry skin, it's a beautiful satin finish that ends up looking pleasantly dewy at the end of the day (I use Porefessional on my t-zone and Becca backlight primer everywhere else). Coverage is light-to-medium, but if you try to build it up any more than that, it quickly gets into pancake-face territory.

What really makes this foundation special for me is that, because it dries down powdery, powder-type products look SO GOOD on top of it. Bronzer, blush, etc. blend with absolute ease and no patchiness whatsoever. Even mediocre products work well here. Everything just looks seamless and professional. On the downside, liquid highlighters just do not work at all on top. When I tried using Sephora's luminizing drops, the foundation rubbed off wherever I tried to apply it (cheekbones and nose) and got gross and cakey.

Also, this is the only drugstore foundation shade (W2) that is yellow enough for my skin (NC15 but yellower).

This foundation is definitely NOT for people who are either extremely dry or oily. It's actually best for normal skin, which is kind of a rare thing for a face product! And yeah the bottle packaging sucks, but you should be able to consistently gauge the amount you need once you get used to it. All in all, if your skin doesn't have a ton of specific needs, definitely take a look at L'oreal True Match. It's one of the cheapest foundations, even among the drugstore ones, and personally, it beats out or rivals every high-end foundation I've tried.

Pros: Matches my skin almost exactly, decent coverage, very easy to blend, one bottle lasts a really long time, doesn't look cakey Cons: Sinks into the pores on my cheeks, makes dry patches look terrible, comes off very easily if you don't use a good powder over it

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Decided to try this out as I had heard so many rave reviews about it on YouTube.
#1, this product is wonderful in terms of finding a great color match for your skin. The color selection is wonderful, and everything is easily labeled and organized in order for you to find your perfect shade. I would say this is the best match to my skin color-wise that I have ever found in a foundation.

#2 it looks pretty natural. Medium to light coverage, which is prefect, as that is the look that I am going for. I don't want to look like I'm wearing foundation

#3 it lasts pretty decently on my oily skin as long as I use a mattifying primer and set with powder. However, I do notice some teeny tiny sparkles in this foundation. On top of that, I still get pretty oily with it. It's nothing that can't be fixed with some blotting paper and some powder, but I would really prefer to not have to do touchups like that. So oily skinned girls, just know this won't really help much in that department- but it is manageable.

Overall a nice foundation.

on 8/29/2016 4:37:00 PM

I WAS SO SCARED ABOUT USE A DRUGSTORE FOUNDATION BUT I HEAR A LOT OF GOOD COMMENTS OF THIS FOUNDATION SO I DECIDE TO TRY IT AND I REALLY LOVE IT
THE COVERAGE IS MEDIUM BUT YOU CAN HAVE A COMPLETE COVERAGE WITH OUT LOOKING CAKE
THE FINISH ISNĀ“T MATTE AT ALL BUT I LOVE IT
THIS FOUNDATION WITH OUT PRIMER ACTUALLY LAST ON ME 8-10 HOURS AND THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE MY T ZONE IS EXTREMELY OILY
I DONT HAVE ANY SHINNING DURING THE DAY BUT OF COURSE SETTING EVERYTHING WITH A TRANSLUCENT POWDER

on 8/29/2016 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Really disappointing. Heard such great things about this. Great choice of colours and on first applying I was delighted. Probably the best colour match I've ever had in a high street foundation, although it did exaggerate pores. However this is the only makeup I have ever tried that has caused my face to immediately break out in nasty spots. I don't have sensitive skin and am lucky to have never been prone to spots of any kind, even as a teenager. Within 2 days of use, my skin was breaking out badly. After a week, my face was covered in big angry red spots from forehead to cheeks and chin, some of which took over a week to go away. As soon as I stopped use, my skin was completely clear again. The colour match was good so I gave it another whirl in case but had the exact same result. No choice but to bin it and will never touch again

on 8/17/2016 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I found this in my mom's dresser and tried this. This is her liquid foundation. It's really wonderful on my skin. It's so lightweight & build-able, I think this can be used from medium to full coverage. And it looks like your skin but better. I love this foundation and i just use a small amount of this. What i really like about this product it doesn't stain.. i'll just blot a tissue on my face and wow! no makeup stain. Loving it! it's so natural and dewy! & I bought a true match foundation compact powder with this to set it. So far i love this and i use this especially if im budgeted. Must try girl!

on 8/15/2016 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I think the coverage is good, it looks like skin. Very bendable. It doesn't break out my acne prone skin. The only downside is that it doesn't have a pump. It doesn't completely cover my redness in my blemishes.

on 8/8/2016 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Worst foundation I have tried. First of all the lightest shade is actually too dark and I am not that pale.Too yellowish.Sits on pores.Looks wayyy too cakey and I get oily even though I used it with the true match powder.Just disappointed and also all the people commended on how bad it looks.Before ending I would like to say that I actually used it ALL of it before rewiewing it.

on 8/6/2016 8:39:00 PM

After I found this foundation a decade ago, I don't even try new ones for my every day foundation. I just beeline to W4 and hit buy. The first time I tried it I was amazed at how it blended and glided, felt like a fine, delicate grit sand, but it now just feels like normal liquid foundation with no pleasing grit. Not sure if I got used to it, or if they changed the formula. It also blends very well, so I don't have a cakey look. I haven't noticed any flashback in my photos over the last decade, so probably ok on that front. Lasts a decent time, not sure how long, because I do touch my face a lot... I need to stop. I remember buying Makeup forever at the same time and preferring this one. I also like Stila Perfect & Correct. I have purchased dozens of bottles of True Match since they came out with it. They last me like 4-5 months with once a day use.

I enjoy the easy numbering/undertone system. Lately I noticed I'm not as yellow undertoned as I thought - back in the day all foundations were pink on me so I went the other way and went totally yellow, but upon closer inspection compared to W4 I'm a bit more olive, so I just bought a bottle of N3 to mix with it without even opening the bottle, due to numbering system, and it appears N3 also matches me.

My wedding is coming up and I am trying other foundations because I want something long lasting for my wedding.

on 7/17/2016 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For a drugstore foundation, this product holds up quite well. I put this on if I don't want to wear a heavy foundation or anything expensive (pool day, sports, etc.) There are many shades specific to undertones which is great because I find many other drugstore foundations don't take undertones into account. The coverage is light but easily buildable. Doesn't get cakey. The loreal makeup line is one of the better drugstore makeup lines (in my opinion) alongside revlon.