Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

on 6/10/2004 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It seems that people either really like this one or really dislike it. I happen to really like it, especially after it dries down a bit. It is a scent from childhood, for sure. But an enjoyable blast from the past. My husband really likes it too. Everytime I got a whiff of it on myself today I had to smile. It was a mood lifter. And I really like the packaging. So appropriate for the scent! I even kep that outer packaging round tube it was in, it looks so cute on my vanity!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After receiving a sample of this from Sephora, I knew I had to buy it. It smells so sweet..I smell cotton candy. My boyfriend thought it smelled like a coffee candy and when his friend came to visit us, the moment he stepped in the room he asked "what smells like cake." This is so much fun to wear, I like hearing what everyone thinks it smells like. And the packaging is too adorable.
UPDATE: I noticed that this turns into a nasty spicy scent on me after a while, it actually makes me gag. Since then, I've found a replacement..Britney Spears Fantasy.

on 6/13/2004 5:56:00 PM

I'm a foody fragrance fanatic which explains why I love this scent. Pink Sugar is different from my other vanilla based scents from CSP, L'artisan, etc which is why I love it so. For some reason, although I can see why people think it smells like vanilla and cotton candy it also smells kinda like black licorice on me. I only purchased the 50 ml. bottle, but once I run out of it, I'm getting the 100 ml. for sure!

on 6/14/2004 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I took a whiff of this at Sephora, and had to return the next day to purchase. Normally I would stay away from cotton candy scents because sounds too young for me (i'm 31), but it is not true for Pink Sugar. I dont know how they managed it, but it is not a pre-teen/"teeny bopper" scent, but seems appropriate for all ages.

I actually JUST recieved a sample of this from the wonderful meggygirl and I LOVE IT. It smells AMAZING on me and works perfectly with my body chemistry. On me it smells like french vanilla with notes of caramel and cotton candy. It smells as it should! Its a perfect fragrance to wear at work for me (I work at VS, so I like to be all girly. I have some of their perfumes too but I really like this one) and its just amazing.

I plan on buying a big ole bottle of this towards the end of the summer!!

Beautiful, contemporary scent. Might be a little on the heavy side but since it's not a floral I was able to tolerate it Ok.
Starts citrusy at first but quickly transforms itself to an intoxicating cooked, clean sugar smell. It's like cotton candy and/or caramelized sugar. The fragrance lasts well, no fading problem with this one.
Packaging is lovely. It's a slender bottle with shiny pink lines criss crossing. The bottle comes in a pink/white swirled plastic canister. You may also want to check out the glossy shower gel in Pink Sugar from Aquolina. continued >>

Received as a sample. Way too sweet and cloying for me. If this scent was lighter and not so sweet it could be wearable, but as is, no thanks.

This is the most delicious perfume ever made - I loved Angel, but this is even better! For the price, you can't beat it!

on 7/17/2004 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do not generally wear a lot of perfume. For me to buy one is rare ... but I bought this =). After trying a sample vial of it I loved the way it smelled, both right away and a few hours later. I am horrible at describing, but everyone else did a good job!! If you want a light, carefree scent, I would look into pink sugar.

on 7/19/2004 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Saw this at Sephora and just had to try it after hearing endless raves about it. Well..quite disappointing and I just can't see what the hype is all about..really. To me it just smells like a very very VERY ordinary cloyingly sweet scent. I love like Aquolina products very much but this one seriously did not impress me one bit.
The packaging is simply adorable (the 3 stars are for that only) but the fragrance..honestly...deserves ZERO points.
Incredibly overpriced and incredibly sweet...after about half an hour it started smelling like a sun-melted candy, tobacco and cheap perfume. I couldn't wait to wash it off.
*UPDATE*
My husband and I just came back from Italy and while we were there, I just had to buy some fragrances and body care products.
I saw Pink Sugar at a local Italian Sephora, for a MUCH lower price than here in the U.S. and just had to have it! At least now I can say I own Pink Sugar that was purchased in Italy!!
I still think it's a very very sweet scent that definitely doesn't suit everybody, but I think it makes a good winter scent, especially on those rainy and cold days.
It's warm and comforting.
Although it's a type of scent I could not wear everyday, it's a fragrance I am happy to own (esp. for its lovely bottle), and that I'll definitely wear every now and then.
On me the caramel note is the most prominent one. I also detect the cotton candy note, but it's not as strong.

Popular Fragrances