Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

I got a sample from a sweet swapper, and it came with a little card which listed all the notes. *takes deep breath* Top notes: Bergamots, orange, raspberry, fig leaf. Heart notes: Liquorice Blossom, Lily, Cotton Candy, Red fruits, Strawberry. Base notes: Vanilla, caramel, musk, tonka, sandalwood. This is definitely an unusual fragrance-- super girly and sweet and candy-like. The cotton candy note is very prominent, as well as the licorice note. It reminds me of that synthetic sweet smell of my old Strawberry Shortcake figurines, although there is also a bit of a strange smoky quality to it. Lasting power is just okay on me; it's virtually gone after a couple of hours. This is definitely different than anything I've tried before, but merely sniffing it makes me feel like I'm starting to get cavities. Just too sweet and too girly for me (moreso than CSP's Vanille Abricot, which I could handle without a problem). But if you like super sweet foody scents, go for it. The bottle looks adorable and it's reasonably priced.

on 1/15/2004 11:44:00 AM

I got a sample of this from a sweet MAU'r. It smells just like cotton candy, very girly, very sweet and fun. Staying power is okay; I still can smell it up until mid day. I like this, but I don't think I want to buy the full size. I would much rather have Maybe Baby or Clean Fun, which have a sweet, almost candy smell to them too!

on 1/28/2004 3:04:00 PM

What a wonderful, sophisticated vanilla scent! I just love this...it is my everyday fragrance. Makes me feel like a teenager. The cotton candy note is definitely tempered with a warmer, slightly wooder scent. Just fabulous!

on 2/1/2004 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very sweet and clean smelling. It smells like you just showered with strawberry scented sugar. Has a faint soapy smell. I don't smell caramel. I would definitely buy again.

on 2/6/2004 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Ok, I am not a "sweet" perfume person at all, but with the rave reviews this scent got, I had to order a bottle. I am absolutely IN LOVE with this perfume! The sweet smell that is overwhelmingly cotton candy quickly dries down to a soft, smoldering, sugar and cream, caramel. I think the fact that it dries down to something a little less childlike than the first notes is awesome. You get that fresh burst of sweetness and cotton candy and then it tones down so that you don't feel sick from all the sweetness. The smell is absolutely delicious! It's almost as good as actually eating the sweets which is super for those of us who are always watching our weight! I knew I was taking a gamble by purchasing something I had never even smelled, but I have to say that it was definitely worth it!

I really wanted to like this... and I was so sure I would that I took a chance and ordered some from Sephora. Since I love the smell of cotton candy (Juice Bar Cotton Candy spray is one of my guilty pleasures!)I figured this would be right up my alley. Unfortunately it turned out to be a heavy, fetid fragrance that just reeked of sickeningly sweet artificial vanilla and powder. There are very fleeting top notes of fake strawberry (think Strawberry Shortcake dolls) and fennel (not licorice candy mind you, but the juice from raw fennel). I don't smell cotton candy here at all.
Smells horrid, but the bottle is adorable. I'm not giving another lippie for a pretty bottle though. For this price I expect a fragrance that won't make me retch.
*******************************
UPDATE: Boy, did this start to grow on me after a while. As I said in my first review, I wanted to like it. Now, I find myself not only liking it, but reaching for it frequently. I still don't like the first 15 minutes when it smells like Good 'n' Plenty, but as soon as the licorice note wears off (pretty quickly, thank goodness)it's pretty nice. OK, it's actually yummy.
*******************************
YET ANOTHER UPDATE!
OK, I've gone from 1 lippie to 5. I don't think I've ever done that before. I'm reaching for this every day now!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

YUMMY!! COTTON CANDY! Reminds me of being a kid at a carnival. I feel so playful when I wear this scent. So original. Why didn't anyone think of this sooner? It's an everyday "pick-me-upper". It's great that it's not another overwhelming girly floral scent, like all the other perfumes. It's perfect, my favorite scent!

on 2/14/2004 11:20:00 PM

I got a sample from Sephora in a previous order and I fell in love with it! But then I could not order the full size again from Sephora because they were always on back order. I finally ordered it two months later. I LOVE it. It smells like all the above reviews but does not smell cheap like some sweet fragances tend to do. I get more compliments on it. I also like that not everyone has it yet. I wear it every day! When I asked my 4 year old daughter what she thought it smelled like, wondering if she would say "cotton candy" or "sugar" but she just smiled and said "it smells like Mom"! I would repurchase this again. I just hope I can get it from Sephora when I am ready!

Aquolina Pink Sugar smells like yummy melted marshmallows. At first I liked it but I did think it was a little bit too sweet. After having sprayed it on for a couple of days I can truly say that I'm addicted to Pink Sugar. I swear, if I have some other perfume sprayed on I feel like something's wrong. I love the way the fragrance stays throughout the day and even the next morning I can still smell it. I know you're not supposed to smell your own fragrance but I totally enjoy it. Pink Sugar seems to make me a happier person it actually makes you feel warm and cowzy like youre bouncing on cotton candy and drinking hot chocolate with some vanilla in it. I love Aquolina!

on 2/22/2004 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The only foody scent I really like. "Sugar/cotton candy/caramel" descibes it well. But doesn't smell fake or cheap like a lot of sweet foody fragrances I have tried.