Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

on 3/22/2013 5:55:00 AM

my favorite perfume of all time... ever. HG! i love that it's a totally inoffensive scent. other perfumes can give me a headache, but this perfume is light, airy, and puts me in a good mood. i've repurchased it too many times to count! i honestly don't see the point in using anything else. you can get the 3.4 oz for only $33ish online at target!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

What a fun, girly fragrance. It's a blast of all things delicious: sugar, cookies, and - of course - cotton candy! The licorice note is enough to tone down the sweetness a bit without being offensive.
It's not a sophisticated smell by any means, but that's exactly what makes it so charming. Pink Sugar is all about being youthful, light-hearted, and fun.
The important thing to remember is that one spritz is enough - Pink Sugar is extremely strong, especially for an EDT! The first time I wore it, I did not realize this, and someone standing quite literally 10 feet away complimented my perfume. So be careful with this stuff! ;)
All in all, it's a wonderful smell that lasts all day and is guaranteed compliments. 5 lippies! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this scent! It is the perfect summer time fragrance. I have had about 3 bottles of this over the years. It smells like candy and sugar. It can be a little strong when you first put it on, but it last a long time. Depending on where you buy it, it can be a little pricey, but if you look around online you can find a good deal.

on 2/3/2013 12:44:00 PM

Plain and simple I've used this for years and I have no plans on stopping. I get tons of compliments on it, and the hubby loves it. The scent is not too sweet at all. My fave fragance!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this perfume! I always smell this on other women and I love the way it smells on them. It is deliciously sweet and instantly identifiable. When I first sprayed this on me, I loved it. It smelled wonderful but then settled and changed to cheap, plastic-y and burnt. My body chemistry normally works well with sweet smells but not Pink Sugar. I would caution most people to try this for a few hours or days before they buy.

The packaging is pretty standard. It's a clear glass bottle with pink swirls on it and a pretty pink cap. It looks cute sitting on a vanity or counter.

I feel like the price is quite steep - $60 for 3.4oz. There are better, more 'expensive' smelling perfumes out there at comparable prices. I have smelled things similar to Pink Sugar that were much less expensive.

Overall, I would not repurchase. It is nice for some but with the way that it smelled after it settled on my skin and at the steep price, I'll save my money.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I am in love with sweet smelling perfume so when I heard people rave about it i decided to pick it up. When i first smelled it it was overwhelming but i still was attracted. I decided to spritz it on one day and wear it to school BIG mistake. I never get migraines and i had horrible headaches the smell drove me up the wall i had to take my sweater and cover my nose the whole day because i sprayed it on my shirt. It burned my nose and my stomach started to hurt. I have a high pain tolerance but i absolutely could not take it as soon as i got home i took of my shirt threw it in the washer and gave away the perfume to a friend

on 12/22/2012 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this online for a decent price a while back. What can I say? At first I liked it, but as I got older I began to realize that this perfume is nothing short of a candy factory atomic bomb explosion. It just smells like something you want to eat. It's sweet, to the point of being disgustingly sweet. Being a 23 year old, I find this scent VERY juvenile. I think it is something best suited for a teenage girl. I have to say though, if you love overly sweet cotton candy scents, then this is the perfume for you. It has good staying power and dries down to a rather pleasant vanilla-y strawberry note. I must also say that this will definitely smell different on different people, so you most certainly may want to try it out before buying it. On me, it smelled like sweet cotton candy. On my mom, however, it smelled like burned caramel. Not a pleasant scent. As far as the complexity of this fragrance goes, I feel that it is a bit immature and unsophisticated. Certainly not something you would want to wear on a formal evening out. A wild night of bar hopping? Maybe. On occasion, when I get nostalgic of my childhood days at the carnival, I will wear this scent. I notice that it draws a lot of compliments from young men, which once again brings me back to the point that it is a scent best suited for teenagers.

on 12/11/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Fun and a little naughty to wear but MOST definitely something you want to sample before buying, because the licorice and intense sweetness will turn a lot of people off.
Notes: Bergamot, Sicilian orange, fig leaves, lily, liquorice blossom, red fruits, vanilla, caramel, woodsy and musky notes.
Pink Sugar opens like a plump pillowy piece of sugary-sweet toasted marshmallow with all the brown and caramelized bits thrown in (courtesy of the dark tarriness of liquorice). Then it slowly softens into a cotton candy and bakery scent, with faint traces of fruit flavoring. In the far drydown, I detect a light powdered-sugar musk on my skin.

Surprisingly good lasting power and great projection/sillage for an EDT. This outlasted other sweet scents like Fantasy, Can Can, and Comptoir Sud Pacifique vanillas.
Iíd resist the urge to spray on too much because it seems some peoplesí noses get used to it and they don't notice how strong it can be to others.
P.S. Labeling a scent and its lovers "juvenile" or "old-lady" based on its smell is culturally-subjective and more than a bit close-minded, not to mention nonconstructive for the people trying to decide if they should try a product. It's either your taste or not.
Alternatives:
Body Fantasies Cotton Candy Fantasy - brighter, stronger strawberry
Gale Hayman Delicious Cotton Candy - a little strong on the bergamot/citrus. Resembles a more plasticky Eau de Shalimar.
L de Lolita Lempicka - emphasizes the orange, sugary-vanilla and slight spice tones of Pink Sugar; no cotton candy or burnt notes.

on 11/29/2012 6:26:00 AM

Wow, so many reviews! I got this blindly based on the many terrific reviews here and fragrantica. I can see the appeal, and I like it very much, but I do think it's a bit over-hyped.

It smells VERY SWEET, I can see where the burnt note criticisms come from (to me it's not offensive though). Pretty linear. Sugar and nothing else. If you spray a little, just to keep it close to the skin and wear it in the cold season, it can become very comfy and warm. I was very ecstatic when I started wearing it about two months ago, but slowly I've come to realize that it's really just a simple non-sophisticated fragrance. Nowadays, I love to wear it at home, after I had a long hot bath and put on my favourite milk&honey body lotion. It enhances that sweetness.
It's not appropriate for special occasions though or elegant/classy events or in the summer (you'd die of so much sweetness). And the price is way TOO HIGH for the smell, come on!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of those scents that just bring me back and that I will always love. For three years, this was my everyday, evening, night scent. This was the only perfume I ever wore and the minute I saw that I was running low, I would go by some more. The packaging is what first caught my eye, it was just so cute. After I smelled it, I was very impressed. I like a vast majority of smells, but i lean more towards anything that smells sweet and this, let me tell you, is VERY sweet. It's a little strong so i can't spray it too much, and it lasts a very long time. This scent is a very sweet cupcake, sugar, kind of smell that i love. Everytime i wear this, i get alot of compliments. I dont wear this everyday anymore, but i always have to have a bottle around because I still do like to use it. It is kinda expensive, but since you dont have to spray alot, it lasts a really long time.

Popular Fragrances