Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

on 12/15/2016 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Upon looking through my massive bag of perfume samples, I was rather surprised to find an unused sample bottle of Pink Sugar lying in the heap. Maybe I had tucked it away in fear that it would invoke the memories of middle school and my horrifically awkward loser past self. Well alright, honestly not much has changed since then, but still, I like to convince myself that that's not true... Anyway, all I remember is that every girl in the "in" crowd doused themselves in this stuff and I was envious of them, in a sense: they were so popular and attractive and feminine, while I just couldn't muster up the courage to even try out typical girl stuff.

Now here I am, a slave to consumerism and maybe a bit too well-versed in the world of makeup, fragrance, skincare, fashion, etc. But I'm kind of happy with that! And with my vast expertise, I can finally declare: Pink Sugar is freakin' disgusting! I can't believe I actually looked up to this scent. Now all I think about when I get a whiff of this stuff is how outdated it smells, to be honest. It needs to be exiled to the previous decade and never allowed to leave. Not only that, but this scent as a whole just smells awfully cheap.

As much as I do not prefer to wear gourmands that often, I can still appreciate a good one, and Pink Sugar is not one of them - at least on my skin. On the first whiff, I don't get any of the fruity, fresh top notes; on me, it's an overpowering chemically, bitter licorice. It's actually so strong it almost smells like something's burning around you. As it transitions into the middle notes, I can only detect one-dimensional cotton candy - and it's still mixed in with that awful licorice. No promised fruit notes here, just boring sweets. And finally, the drydown is predominantly creamy caramel, sandalwood, and vanilla that's - surprise, surprise - an artificial, heartless, chemically concoction. And that stupid licorice is STILL hanging around until the end.

I've had indie perfumes (both oils and EDPs) that smelled so much more appealing and actually aspired to be true-to-life renditions of real things. You can feel the love put into those fragrances. I've also had some very tastefully assembled gourmand high-end fragrances too, we can't forget about those. Meanwhile, Pink Sugar is stuck in middle school, only concerned about smelling sugary sweet (and not caring that it smells artificial) without even bothering with any nuances. Maybe my young self knew what was she was doing all along by avoiding this stuff.

on 9/30/2016 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Omg this stuff is so strong. I am not a person who believes in one spray is enough with perfumes. But one spray is enough with this one. Too much has given me a headache and nausea, it's unreal how strong it is. Will definitely offend people so please don't over-do it. Also don't spray near you face it will be all you smell and it will get really annoying. Smells like cotton candy and sugar, very very girly and young. When it's been on a while it kind of smells like marshmellows which is my fav part. Very cozy and a cool weather perfume. Also you get a lot of liquid for the price.

When I first bought Pink Sugar I didn't think I would end up loving it as much as I do now. It's not too expensive yet I get the most complimented on this scent in comparison to my more expensive perfumes (Chanel, YSL, Viktor & Rolf). I always get stopped by people asking what I'm wearing or to compliment me! People of all ages, both female and male always always always tell me I smell pretty when I'm wearing this. I'm almost done with my bottle and I only bought it around the end of February this year!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Smells like sugar, just like the name. it is clean in a warm way and it makes me feel good (isn't that what fragrance is all about anyway?). Never in a million years would I have thought I would want to smell like sugar but I absolutely love this fragrance.

on 6/1/2016 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

On my third bottle I use it slowly because I've been buying this for years. I have a back up bottle as well. My son thought I was making cotton candy one day when I sprayed it lol it has a strong burnt caramel note but I like these types of perfumes more than fruity and flowery ones. Sweet perfumes tend to last longer than florals do. And in my opinion yes it does smell similar to prada candy but the difference is ps has the strong burnt caramel smell and pc has more of a perfumey undertone like an old powerhouse fragrance with sweets over it. I really like prada candy don't get me wrong but ps is cheaper so I'll stick with it instead. One thing I've noticed is the older this perfume gets the better it smells .. My current bottle I'm using is almost gone and I've had it for a while and I noticed the smell isn't so much cotton candy now it's more of a caramel cookie type scent .. I had it on the other day and kept smelling cookies then realized it was my perfume.. This ones a true keeper it lasts and smells divine in fresh or old form and not too many perfumes last so I reccomended this and the price point is more than affordable .. I love to smell like pink sugar 💋

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

love the scent, but I find that I can only use a little bit at a time, b/c otherwise it's too strong. If I slather my body all over with it, it would be way too overwhleming. So I just apply a small amount to strategic body parts. The scent is very sweet and candy-like, but I also detect a lemony scent, which makes it a bit lighter and keeps the sweetness from being sickly sweet.

I have used this perfume for years and have loved it always since! it is by far my most re purchased fragrance. its is very sweet but not cheap smelling if u dont lie sweet scents u wont like it but if you dO? looook out its a forever favorite

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Pink sugar is my favorite perfume ever! It is definitely a girly scent as the name Pink Sugar suggests, but is smells yummy in a not too immature way that some cotton candy scents seem to smell. It opens with a blast of freshly-spun pink cotton candy, and then turns into a pretty caramely scent after a few hours. I have gotten more compliments wearing this perfume than any others in my collection, and I have quite a few! Also, the bottle is soon pretty and looks very glamorous and is so much fun to pull out of your make up bag because of the pink swirly design.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

What's left to say about this perfume that hasn't already been said? Nothing really, except to say that the adorable packaging reminds me of ballerina shoes. I don't know if that was done on purpose, but it's cute as a button.

Overall, both young guys and older gentlemen seem to love this scent. It's very unassuming, unpretentious, incredibly feminine and girly in an unintimidating way, and is something that softhearted females would be attracted to.

Now whether or not it would end up smelling good on them is another story, because this is one of those perfumes that's a bit divisive. I don't know if it's the licorice, but it has a tendency to smell a bit plasticky on some of us.

Also, I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I thought it would smell more like cotton candy or something. I don't know. All I know is that it's a sweet, unassuming, uncomplicated fragrance that women with a variety of different tastes might enjoy. Give it a spritz and see if you like it. You might be surprised, because I honestly don't think it's necessarily just for teens and young adults.

on 3/8/2016 9:00:00 AM

Every few years something talks me into trying this again. I've been hearing people rave about this since high school (im 31).

Most recently I have been hearing people call this the "cheap version of prada candy". I love prada candy! I saw kathleenlights rave about this and finally I caved, like hmm. Maybe this go 'round I'll see the magic.

I remember clearly that this perfume is strong-- so strong! I saw they have a "hair perfume" out now, so i figured I would test that out thinking it would be softer.

First off the packaging sucked bc every time I sprayed it the nozzle would leak-- leaving sugar/vanilla scented perfume oil all over. Maybe it was just that mine was defective.

Anyway-- to explain pink sugar.

It starts off with a blast of sugar. Almost a burnt sugar. Not terrible and as to be expected given the name--

Then on me the heart note is licorice. LICORICE--- it's screaming and pulling at my eye sockets. Licorice and lots of it!!

Ok ok. It calms down--- where we at now? Sugar is back. Ok. Vanilla. Hmm... I can live with this. Vanilla is ok.

An hour goes by-- you're being beat over the head with a warm burnt sugary vanilla. Two hours... 4 hours...

Do I get any musk? No. Florals? No...

Is there *anything* to cut down that cloying sugary vanilla confection. Nope. Not at all. It is with you-- just as strong until you eventually wash it off.

If you love sugary and sweet scents I can see someone loving this. I find this nauseating and headache inducing. It somehow gets heavier as it wears...

I think I finally learned my lesson, and this will be my final go around with this one.

Oh. And it is nothing like prada candy!! Just bc two scents are gourmand and vanilla and have a cylindrical bottle do not mean they are the same.

Candy is powdery and musky and soft and just amazing!! Not the same!!

Popular Fragrances