Escada Island Kiss (Vintage)

Escada Island Kiss (Vintage)

3.7

on 11/17/2005 11:37:00 PM

I bought this fragrance based on some of positive reviews here. Because I tend to like the fruity/sweet/ foody fragrances I thought this one would be a keeper. Well........I did like it. When I first sprayed the mist, I could pick out the peachy, mango vanilla and musky scents....but minutes later...PHEW!! I don't know if its the florals in it that I dislike or what. But to me, it smelled heavy and cheap. I didn't score it lower because as I said I did like it when I first put it on and someone who likes the intense floral scent might like this better than I did :(

on 11/14/2005 9:10:00 AM

This is too sweet and "teenish" for my taste.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Escada fragrances never disappoint me. My favorite is "Sexy Grafitti" and having bought this, I was delighted to find something very close to Escada's frangrance from years back. I always look forward to Escada's new (spring/summer) fragrance release, and as expected, Island Kiss is yet another classy, fruity-floral fragrance that just suits my style.

By the way, I'm on my second bottle already.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This product, like every other Escada perfume I've ever tried, has one of two reactions on my skin: it smells close to the actual fragrance in the bottle, and only lasts 15-45 minutes; it smells like some god-awful musky, dank, dusty, coconut-sitting-in-the-gutter odor and makes me sneeze and cough relentlessly, which is followed by moderate nasal congestion for a day. Because of this, I've had a love-hate relationship with Island Kiss, as I'd always love the way it smelled in the bottle or in the air, but it would morph into something nasty on my skin. I couldn't pay full price for this item because I was afraid that the funk monster would come out of the bottle, but since it's now being sold at places like TJ Maxx, I figured it's worth the $20. What I've found is that if I spray it in my hair, my allergies don't get weird and the smell stays true--which is great, because I do like the way it smells. Unfortunately, I still cannot stand the bottle design. Sweet glorious crap! I have half a mind to create a bottle cozy for this one, as the original bottle just makes me want to call Britney Spears and ask her if she needs inspiration for a new line of ...something, because this bottle is surely up her alley.

on 10/31/2005 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

ooooooooooh i like ~ so delicious ~ my boyfriend cant get enough of it lol =) its not what i would call seductive, but it smells very fruity and appetizing.

i am getting bored of the same bottle every year though... diff color but always same bottle...

its been a year later: i think the smell is too sweet for me... think saccharin sweet, and add more sugar to it. smells too fake fruity for me now ><

on 9/20/2005 10:29:00 AM

This is the most fruity smelling perfume... it's gorgeous and addictive. It's youthful with the smells of orange, passionfruit, mango etc. Like previously said, the staying power sucks. It doesn't last at all... if it did I would get a lot more compliments I am sure!

on 9/18/2005 4:07:00 AM

This reminds me of this Avon perfume I had in a similar but rectangular bottle. This however trumps is by a lot, because it's not as fruity and has other things going on with the florals. The staying power wasn't dismal but wasn't good, but it's worth it..

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I know, it's discontinued, but I felt like writing a review anyway. I love this perfume! It was my first perfume ever!! I love it! Super sweet, fruity, tropical, exotic fruits. It's just delicious.

I love this stuff beyond imaginable. Fruity, sexy, fun. Very light, but don't put of too much (it becomes nauseating, like all perfumes can be). I lovee the packaging. It's very.. happy! Wist it wasn't LE.

on 8/1/2005 3:11:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

After buying a new bottle of Rockin Rio at Marshall Fields and then buying a partially used bottle of Island Kiss at a selling forum, I found that the two basically smell the same. And then later I bought a Escada collection set of all their LE scents and they all smelled similar. I don't really wear this much, but the fruity scent is really nice.