Escada Island Kiss (Vintage)

Escada Island Kiss (Vintage)

3.7

A summery fruit cocktail, with predominantly (on me) mango and hints of other summer fruits. Smells delicious initially, but the top notes fade quite quickly and you are not left with much of a scent after a couple of hours. However it's gorgeous while it lasts!

on 11/14/2007 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this fragrance one summer, and i get all nostalgic when i smell it again. It is a fresh, sweet and light scent, much like all the other summer fragrances from escada (somehow, i find that they all smell the same). As a weird thing about it, i think it smells like coffee at some point.

The bottle is cute - but too girly for me.

UPDATE 13/5-08
I recently started wearing this again, as some sort of celebration of the nice weather we've had here for some weeks now. I find it very fresh, sweet and spontaneous - perfect for summer (well, it is a summer fragrance too!)

on 10/7/2007 9:33:00 AM

This is how it smells like with my body chemistry.

Ibiza Hippie: lychee, black currant blends with the florals and cranberry is the heart of IH.
i agree that it sort of smell like strawberry but it isn't added, probably due to the yummy berries.

Island Kiss: mango and pineapple is blended with the heart passion fruit and brightened with orange.
IMO without passion fruit, island kiss wouldn't have it's distinctive scent. the dry down gets
deeper and less sharp (orange) which smells really nice candy(not overpowering to me). This lasts the
longest on me.

Rockin Rio: the top note is refreshing and it is lighter than IK but it has the same mango notes.

Pacific Paradise: i smell mango in this but it can never beat island kiss passion fruit note.

Sunset Heat: smells sort of like mango, orange apricot. I think this has the worst lasting power,
well hey, its FRUITS. Refreshing too..

Overall: IMO, 1. ibiza 2. Island Kiss 3. Sunset heat and Rockin Rio 4. pacific paradise last

I dislike reading complaints of ESCADA's lasting power..
The lasting power really varies in the notes used as all are EDT. (EDP lasts longer than EDT)

Not much to complain about but I'm SICK of smelling MANGO for RR, PP, SH for their
editions! All lasts quite long on me except SH(it has lighter notes).

I'm looking foward for next year's edition and I don't regret purchasing IH and IK especially.

on 8/4/2007 11:22:00 PM

Mmm this scent is delicious!! I love, love it in the summer (but strictly in summer...too light & fruity for fall/winter) and my fiance always compliments me when I have this on. The bottle is beautiful, too, so that is always a plus! Definitely would re-buy if I run out and if I can actually find it somewhere.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

i like the scent. but nobody could really notice if it was on the body. and i wouldn't buy it again becuase the thing lasts forever and i perfer lotion over purfume anyway.

on 7/19/2007 6:00:00 AM

Love it when I smell the paper tester.....But I guess it just doen't work on my skin......The smell turned into something awful.....make me dizzy....so sweet and fruity...yup too summer on my skin.......

on 6/13/2007 11:31:00 PM

This is a great summer scent. Has great staying power. It's downside-quite pricey. I love to mix this with Bath and Body Works pink grapefruit scent. I love the way they compliment each other.

on 6/11/2007 8:55:00 PM

I first came across this fragrance while traveling to Europe (in 1999) in a Sephora store. I should have bought it then because being new to the makeup/fragrance scene, I did not know certain items get discontinued. I have been looking frantically for it, and finally found it in a discount perfume store at the mall. Amazing how they have it when the company no longer does....but I am glad they do. Also, thank you to the wonderful MUA'ers that have swapped with me for it.

on 3/23/2007 5:50:00 PM

I love this scent(along with Rockin Rio). If I had to chose between the 2, I would pick Rockin Rio, however, they are so similar and almost interchangeable. It's a great fruity, fun scent, but I had to deduct a lippie for the staying power (I can't manage to get it to last as long as it should even when layered with the lotion)

on 2/26/2007 8:57:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this perfume!! The scent is vey summery, but I wear this all year round! I have people telling me that I smell good enough to eat!! It's my all-time fav!! I recommend everyone who is thinking about getting this to GET IT! :-)

Popular Fragrances