Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish

Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish
Camera FinishCamera FinishCamera Finish

4.2

Talc, Squalene, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Magnesium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Chloride, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Greens, Chromium Oxide Green.

on 9/16/2009 9:10:00 AM

I have this in my kit in looks 2 and 4 and when i apply with a powder brush, they are pretty universally good on most skin tones. Gives a beautiful flawless coverage without looking cakey. Have bought backups as I got these on 75% off offer so for me they were a great deal. I don't know if I would pay full price as they are very expensive and I could manage with other powders at a lesser cost. Packaging is sleek but rather large. For me, these powders were a great buy!

on 9/16/2009 7:40:00 AM

I have this in Look 1, i really like it, that said the colour is a little bit dark for my fair skin when i use the supplied sponge, but when I use a brush to apply it lightly it gives great coverage and my skin looks great in photos. not sure if i would buy again as the colour is not a purfect match for me considering the price..

on 8/22/2009 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've got this in Look 4, and it is definately one of the best powders out there.
It gives you a glowy airbrushed look and makes your face flawless.
i use this with a powder brush and have had several people comment it.
Compact is a little big but apart from that its a great product.

I like the shine-control aspect, and it does couple well with Napoleon Perdis' liquid minimal makeup for that sheer "natural beauty" look, but it's a bit dry and chalky compared to other pressed powders I've used. Also, I recommend that you definitely don't apply it with the given sponge, but use a brush instead.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really like this as a light-coverage powder foundation. I got in in Look 3 which is sort of grey-ish looking in the pan, but it is meant to help eliminate redness. It looks perfect on- sheer coverage but enough to make my skin look fantastic without looking like I have makeup on. I'm very pleased with this product! For reference, I am about an NC20-25 right now. In the winter, though I will likley switch to Look 1.

on 6/14/2009 4:30:00 AM

i love this powder. its really great for people who dont need alot of coverage. its light and keeps me shine free throughout the entire day. ALSO its the only powder that doesnt make me break out!
the only downside is the price and the NP packaging. The lables ALWAYS rub off so i dont know wht the hell im using. but overall, really good product and i would buy it again...if i could afford it -_-

on 5/23/2009 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great. I really like how it doesnt look cakey but it still keeps my skin grease-free throughout the day. Good for combination skin. The only downside is the packaging. The clip to close it broke on mine just after i bought it so now I have to place an elastic around it.

on 5/11/2009 3:40:00 AM

My HG powder!

I love this, I've used so many different powder foundations; Dior, Chanel, MAC, Clinque.. None of them even came close to the perfection that is Napoleon Camera Finish!

This doesn't cake around my oily areas (t-zone) it doesn't settle into my pores, it doesn't look heavy and I only need to retouch once or twice a day, with every other product I've had to retouch once an hour.

I use this over skinflash dior foundation, so I use it more as a setting powder than just foundation by itself.

It's great, I definitely recommend

on 4/12/2009 11:18:00 PM

This is awful! It feels like a drugstore powder, for triple the price.

It doesn't give a "camera finish"......I model, I know what a "camera finish" is, and this isn't it.

It rubs off within two hours, and clumps into the natural contours of your face looking odd (it gathers in eye sockets, cupid's bow etc).

I bought it because I thought it would have the "camera finish" so I could wear it every day and not worry about bad photos of me being taken. Wrong! So wrong! It contains these horrible illuminating pigments which are of such pore quality they serve only to emphasize flaws, not cover or detract from them. You look like a glittery disco ball in photos.

If you want a "camera finish" I suggest using an actual photographically-designed brand, like Evolve, who make make-up primarily for editorial make-up artists (and it doesn't cost near as mush as this cr@p).

It breaks and crumbles in the case, and doesn't last. Mine went, (thankfully) within 2 months, and I was only using this for "basic" make-up (like to put on before doing the groceries, or at home) because I don't like waste.

on 2/27/2009 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Excellent product, great finish and sets like a dream, will definitely repurchase - but I accidentally ordered Look 3 instead of Look 4 and it is quite pricey. Oh dear! Anybody want to swap? =(