Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish Powder Foundation

Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish Powder Foundation
Camera Finish Powder FoundationCamera Finish Powder FoundationCamera Finish Powder FoundationCamera Finish Powder Foundation

4.2

Talc, Squalene, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Magnesium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Chloride, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Greens, Chromium Oxide Green.

I absolutely love this powder. It is SUPER fine, goes on flawlessly and makes my skin look velvety soft and luminous without looking dry or cakey. It's definitely very expensive and I'm not a fan of the somewhat-flimsy packaging, but the product itself is certainly HG-worthy.

on 1/10/2010 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was using the WHOLE Napoleon range for awhile but gave it up because i had to keep reapplying my makeup and it made me oily. This is not my idea of good makeup.

I think it was the primer that made me oily so I might have to report back after just using the powder. It was very good at setting foundation and had a great sized mirror for touch ups. You didn't need to use much to get it to set either so even though it was $55AUD when I bought it, it lasted for a very long time. It was a good colour match as well.

on 3/1/2010 10:31:00 PM

I LOVE THIS POWDER! I have never used powders before and was looking for something that was quick and easy to wear everyday and this is great it has a nice coverage and is great over my Liquid foundation, its sets it perfectly! yes it is very expensive and I would reccomend trying it out before you buy it as there are not a lot of colours to choose from. But overall a great powder foundation that I will defs buy again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

On of the best powders.
has controllable coverage without caking and is a matt finish, but not a matte powder finish, more natural. Smooths the skin out and is great for touch ups, setting and for a quick application. I use this when i cant be bothered getting ready for work in the morning but still want some cover lol.

on 5/28/2010 11:48:00 PM

This, used in the darkest shade, is great for powder contouring. As an overall face powder in the right colour, it has a nice fine texture and is easy to apply. I always use a fan tail brush to apply face powder as I find this stops it for looking too cakey. I cant comment on whether it actually does what it promises i.e. stops the dreaded 'white face' in photos (this is caused by SPF in your foundation) but for the price, if you are looking for a good powder, opt for Revlon Photoready instead. It does just as good a job and is half the price. Overall however, this is a good product

on 6/25/2010 12:35:00 AM

I would buy this product if I could find the right colour! I have fair warm/yellow based skin so first off I bought it in Look 4 and for winter time it is far too dark/yellow so then I bought Look 1 and it is too pale with not enough warmth..if anyone has any suggestions, let me know....Aaaarrrrggghhh!!!!

on 6/26/2010 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This use to be the best powder for me, but as i started wearing it time over time, it became the worst.
the good points - covers redness, imperfections
bad points - doesnt last long and makes your skin look cakey and dry.
I think its a matte finish assuming most pressed powders are mattified,but again makes my skin either too oily or too dry.
You need to apply heaps with this, as it is quite sheer. not a good coverage. never going to buy it again.

on 7/8/2010 5:32:00 AM

This product is amazing. It gives me such a flawless finish, and adds a nice bronzed color to my face. It also has a green tinge to it to take out any red I have on my skin. I would not apply this with the sponge provided, but with a big double fibered brush. Love this product and will always repurchase!

on 7/31/2010 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I was originally introduced to this product about 3 years ago when my friend finally admitted her secret to amazing looking skin. I purchased my first camera finish, but used it sparingly as it's super expensive back home, in Australia. I love its coverage, and the Look 4 matched my skin well in summer, but the price is what has held me back from it being my daily choice. If it was around the AU$40 price range, I would definitely repurchase more often, but, I decided since I'm living in Canada, I should be taking advantage of the cheap MAC, so my new powder is MAC's studio fix. Still, Napoleon is my first choice (only just though)

I do, however, find that sometimes it can look a little caked on, but if you use it sparingly, then the desired "airbrush" look can be achieved easily. Great to throw in the handbag with a brush for touchups, and this is the only powder I can honestly say gets rid of that horrible shine on the face in photographs.

on 11/2/2010 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Its either I got a shit one but it was a really dry product. Made me look really cakey and dry. Does not last at all. It does conceal alright and I did de-pan it so I could just get rid of it but will not buy again. A big AUS$56 for a crap product. Even drug store powders are better than that.