Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I currently rotate between five different facial sprays, this one is a regular but it's not my favorite. In terms of store bought sprays, it's good, it does refresh my skin, it has a nice atomizer and it's very affordable. I use around 2 ounces of various sprays a month so quite a bit of it. I make my own spray with rose water and frankincense oil that I also like, but this is an okay alternative. In the summer, I put this or my homemade one in the fridge to make it extra refreshing. It's great all over your body on a hot day.

The cucumber version is slightly nicer to me, but that's only because roses taste terrible when it's on your lips. These don't leave a film or change my makeup much, but it's definitely not a setting spray. This is more to hydrate, cool down, or to wet your face before adding moisture to it. I'm looking forward to trying the Lavender version next. If you find this has too many ingredients I recommend trying a DIY version.

After hearing all of the hype about this I caved and tried it. I noticed some people said the formula was changed from the original and fragrance, artificial color and preservatives were added. Not a good sign but I tried it anyway.

It feels refreshing on my skin, not too cold but just enough oomph to notice it. It dries fairly quickly on bare skin or over makeup. I noticed maybe a "very" slight glow or more moisturized appearance to my skin.

I've tried it as a setting spray and it isn't very good for that purpose. My makeup fades away noticeably faster with this than with my Essence and Ulta brand matte setting sprays. I expected that since this is supposed to be moisturizing.

I love the rose scent. The price is right too, $7 for 4 oz. But I would buy a more natural rose spray next time that has a shorter ingredient list. This didn't bang my gong in any way really other than it smells and feels nice.

Great smelling spray that is refreshing and did not break me out, but I also did not notice any skin benefits from using this product and think it is over-hyped by Instagram. For moisture, I reach for Soap & Glory Speed Plump moisturizer which works like a charm. For a dewy finish to my foundation, I reach for the NYX Dewy setting spray that is under $10. This smells nice and I use it here and there to cool down, but it hasn't added anything special to my beauty regimen.

on 12/4/2017 4:51:00 PM

This product is ok, and that's all. I wouldn't repurchase it, and I didn't make it till the end of the bottle because the vaporizer annoyingly sprays globs of product onto my face, which I had to pat dry when I sprayed it over makeup.

on 7/21/2017 9:20:00 AM

I'm about 3/4 into my first bottle of this product. It usually spray it on my face in the morning inbetween the serum and the cream, and after makeup application, to reduce the powdery look.

Skin feels nice immediately after application, but I don't see any difference in the long run.
I'm not too crazy about the scent, but it's alright and it doesn't linger for long.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I mean it's okay.... really don't see a difference for anything and unsure what it is suppose to do. Definitely prefer my Mac fix plus over this one

on 5/15/2017 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this stuff, but they definitely changed the pump. It sprays out way to much now and no matter what it always misses my face and gets my hair instead. The old pump was great, always sprayed out a nice, even gentle mist. Now it's like a squirter gun that can never make the target.

on 5/2/2017 6:04:00 PM

Not a horrible product but nothing special IMO. It's a standard rosewater "toner". Lush has one and it's about the same. I will say this was MUCH cheaper than the Lush one.. so there's that. Haven't really noticed an improvement in my skin having used it. (redness, dryness or the like) It's just meh

on 4/16/2017 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted a hydrating spray- this does the job. It has a lovely fine mist, pleasant smell and dries quickly. After about 3 weeks my skin had broken out, especially where acne isn't an issue for me. As this has been the only change I've made to my make up & skin care, plus reading others who have had the same issue, I'm sad to say this is the culprit. Steer clear if you are even slightly acne prone.

on 4/2/2017 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've repurchased this spray a number of times, but I don't think I'll run out to buy it again. After not using it for a few weeks I sprayed it on my face and found the scent way too overpowering. I used it up but still could barely tolerate the scent. I never found the rose scent to be an issue before, so I'm not sure what put me off. Other than that it's a nice refreshing mist, settles makeup nicely, but at the same time I can live without it..

Popular Face Skincare Products