Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

on 12/4/2014 12:16:00 PM

Wanted to post b/c the bottle I just received from Nordstrom has yet another ingredients list. Thanks to CordulaM and others for posting this valuable info. My 2 oz. spray bottle lists the following ingredients:
Deionized water (aqua), Aloe (also barbadneis leaf juice) gel, Bladderwrack extract (fucus vesiculosus) extract, Herbal extract, Rose (rosa gallica) extract, Gardenia (gardenia florida) extract, Propylene glycol.
I have no idea why the ingredients lists on this product varies so much among bottles. Some list rose extract while others do not. Frankly, it concerns me. What is the mysterious "herbal extract" included? Additionally, the product has a pink tint yet there are no ingredients to account for this color listed. This isn't the first Mario Badescu product I've noticed with this exact issue. How hard is it to include accurate ingredients lists on your products/literature? Makes me question the integrity of the entire line.

on 11/18/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product**

I like this a lot and will probably update when I have used it more but I just have to say a few things.

This doesn't actually contain Rosewater. Those old ingredients listed on the old bottles apparently were a lie. They did that with practically every product. I found out that they supposedly "didn't change the ingredients" they just are being more honest about it now. I had called the company to ask why they changed them since that will effect a lot of peoples' skin, and they said they just 'repackaged and it should be the same effectiveness'. Coupled with rumors I heard that they weren't transparent about their ingredients previously I figured out that that's what it was.

Real Ingredients straight from my bottle are: Water, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fucus Vesiculous Extract (Bladderwrack), Gardenis Florida Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

So no rose. Oh well. I still like it. I previously used Burt's Bees Rosewater toner which I do like and it does contain rose, but I like this more. That one has some alcohols and witch hazel which my skin isn't as happy about. Just wanted to share that about the ingreds though.

Update: So I have been using this for a few weeks and I'm very happy with it. I have clog prone skin so I hardly use moisturizer. Having a moisturizing spray that doesn't clog is absolutely amazing right now. My only issue, aside from the formerly-misleading ingredients is that sometimes I feel a film on my skin with this, like slightly sticky. But since I have acne issues and often my routine can be a little drying I absolutely can't see taking this out right now. It's def a keeper for me for now.

Update two: I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the ingredients in this causes problems for me. It's a good spray and I think for most people it works well, but I think I may just shy away from it as I have seen an improvement in my skin when I cut out products with that ingredient. I'm not sure, but I seem to be doing ok without it so for me it's just not as necessary as I thought previously.

on 8/3/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love MB products. I decided to try this spray to replace my Mac Fix + since it's much cheaper. 30 minutes after I sprayed it, my face became so itchy. An hour later I couldn't take it and had to wash all my makeup off. A Benedryl later, it's safe to say I'm probably allergic to Rosewater which isn't an uncommon allergy apparently. Such a shame. It smelled amazing. I would recommend to test this out on your wrist or somewhere if you have sensitive skin before going crazy. I probably should have since I have other skin allergies to skin care products. Lesson learned.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I bought this product due to it's great reviews here on MUA.
Sadly, it didn't live up to my expectations.

My skin is combinated/dry, so a hydrating facial pray sounded perfect. Also my skin is really sensitive, and this product is sort of "natural". Well, it just didn't do ANYTHING good for my skin. First of all, it made my face sticky. It was like it didn't sink in but just sat there, like a sticky layer. I'm pretty sure it also made my skin break out.
And lastly I can't stand the smell. It's such a strong smell of roses, reminds me of bathroom cleaner or something. Not pleasent, in my opinion.

Wouldn't buy again (couldn't even use it up) and won't recommend.

on 2/13/2014 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm in LOVE with this spray!

It feels so nice on the skin and is a great way to freshen up your makeup while also giving your skin the nourishment it needs, also great as a toner!

UPDATE I like using this over my makeup to freshen it up during the day,
but if you are prone to break outs DO NOT use this on your bare skin, this gave me a combo of little tiny bumps around my chin and huge zits on my cheeks and my skin was clear before I used this, also a friend of mine said she has tried rosewater on her skin as well and it broke her out with little tiny bumps everywhere so if you're acne prone maybe this product isn't the best idea.

on 10/29/2011 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a flight attendant, I need something to hydrate my skin without ruining my makeup on a long flight. I felt this product was amazing...at first. After a month, I noticed a fishy smell after spraying it. I don't know what caused this, but others noticed it when I sprayed them. I am currently trying to find more moisturizing sprays out there without the weird smell.

There is nothing wrong with this spray, it was just not that impressive, and since my whole skincare arsenal is MB products (it adds up, believe me) I can't afford to repurchase anything that isn't a MUST-HAVE. A lot of their products are trial and error, some work for your particular skin type, some don't and some you'll never be without again. I always get new samples with my orders and have found the products that best work for me and will never live without them AND NO ONE CAN MAKE ME! I can't believe it took me 26 years to discover the wonders of MB!!!!!!

on 3/27/2019 10:03:00 PM

Got this from my mom, she got it at Nordstrom rack. Thanks, momma! 💗
It was the mini size. It smelled great and was refreshing but I didn't feel it did much else. It was nice though and I enjoyed it. Used it all up but I wouldn't purchase for myself.

on 11/4/2018 10:33:00 PM

not friendly to sensitive skin

loove the scent but I'm not convinced it actually does anything to my skin. considering the price tag I probably won't be repurchasing!

Popular Face Skincare Products