Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

This causes breakouts on my skin every time I tried it. So disappointing.

Got a free sample of a bunch of Mario Badescu products, which included this aloe spray.

This was definitely the best gift out of the kit in terms of sizing - everything else was sample size and lasted about 3 uses (teeny tiny creams in contains no bigger than a quarter). Over a year has passed and I still have this.

It's okay, nothing special. It stays cool no matter what even when my apartment is sweltering. Feels refreshing and everything but it's very superficial and just helps me cool down but doesn't make my skin amazing or anything. It's nice to keep around in the summer during a heat wave when it's so hard to fight the heat, but honestly it's nothing life changing. I'm happy to have it as a free sample but I can't believe people would pay for this. Is it really that high in aloe and rosewater, because it feels really diluted? I could probably purchase rosewater and aloe vera and mix it in a spray bottle for a lot cheaper.

Summary: buy your own spray bottle and add aloe yourself to avoid wasting money on this hyped up gimmick.

on 5/31/2017 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I literally only bought this for the hype. I don't have much blemishes, dryness, irritation, etc. but I have some slight discoloration, combo oily skin, and oily eyelids, and I don't wear any foundation, so I only do eyeliner, my brows, and I try to wear lipstick more often. This is refreshing, I guess. It just feels like regular water mist on the face & it smells alright. It also hasn't done anything for the longevity of my makeup, so I don't think I'll repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

So I'm really disappointed ...
Like other reviewers have noted, the spray bottle on this product is awful and it concentrates the product on one area of your face and makes it super heavy and wet. I prefer my rose water spray from the health foods store, it's cheaper and has a better sprayer. I will try this product with a different nozzle and see if it makes a difference. I'm very underwhelmed and don't think it's worth the price point as it leaves my skin a little bit sticky feeling.

WHY?! Why did this stuff have to break me out?? I absolutely loved everything about this product until I noticed what it did to my skin. I didn't think something so simple could even break someone out. Why does there have to be fragrance? I'd buy it if it was just pure rose water. Nothing is pure in this industry anymore. NOTHING.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

They have completely changed the ingredients. It's just alcohol and fragrance now. As soon as I sprayed it I knew there was alcohol in it. It stings my skin and smelled bad.

on 3/23/2017 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Let me start out saying I really wanted to love this product. But in the end, it just didn't work for me. This spray is marketed as a setting spray or moisturizing spray, but I used it as a toner before my moisturizer. My skin has always been acne prone, and I've been on prescription creams for the past 2 years trying to get it under control. For about the past 6 months, my skin had been clear and calm until this product came around. This product seriously wrecked some havoc on my skin. After using for 2 weeks, I was left with multiple white heads and gross acne marks that I had worked so hardly to get rid of. I can't blame these breakouts 100% on this spray because my eating habits have suffered lately, but it definitely didn't help. It did leaving my skin feeling refreshed without feeling oily, but the breakouts just aren't worth it. The floral scent was a little overpowering but faded within a few minutes. The packaging is pretty good actually, as it dispenses product evenly over your skin. This might work for someone without sensitive skin and someone who doesn't suffer from acne. It might work better as a makeup setting spray but I'be seen other people using it as skin care. I really wanted to love it, but I just can't deal with the acne!

on 1/29/2017 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is so overrated.

It feels nice to spray it on and smells clean and fresh, but it doesnt really do anything except give you a tiny pick-me-up.

on 4/19/2015 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i found this product over rated! i decided to try it after seeing it on several youtube channels, the smell tends to settle into a baby powder like scent, and it doesnt do anything really that any regular toner would, i also tried it as a finishing makeup spray, not a noticble difference, i have better luck with my toner from the simple brand and just using a fix plus container,

on 2/15/2015 2:50:00 PM

I don't have acne prone skin, but this broke me out. Not severely, but I definitely have new blemishes in places that are generally clear, and their appearance is lining up with when I decided to test this out. I've read a couple reviews from people with the same problem, but decided to give it a go because I typically have skin more on the clear side than anything. Other than the breakout stuff, this product also doesn't seem to do much. The way the pump disperses the product is uneven and doesn't give my skin (which is dry) a dewy/glowy finish past the first 5 minutes of wearing it if I use it as a setting spray. At only around $7, it's not the end of the world, but I'd rather drop the $20 on MAC fix+ since I know it does what it's supposed to do on my skin.

Popular Face Skincare Products