Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

on 11/5/2017 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I don’t easily award a product with the name *Holy Grail*, but this is one of them! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

Following cleansing and moisturizing, I spritz this all over my face and neck. I then apply my makeup, usually a TM followed by some artistically placed concealer. A tiny dusting of powder along my cheeks and jawline to set, then I totally mist my face again with this spray of heaven.

My skin looks nourished, healthy, and plump, all the requirements of a French girl 😊 Takes away the powdery look, and really sets and melds makeup to the skin. I carry a tiny bottle with me in my handbag to refresh as needed.

Now for the weird part. I have very long naturally curly hair, waist-length layers (which I totally cut & style myself). Curly hair is bizarre, in that the less I wash it, the happier it is. Seriously, I only wash my hair once a week. Proper styling afterwards and each night allows me to achieve perfect curls each day, that I receive compliments on constantly. Most people have no idea I only wash my hair once a week. Here’s the magic: After my hair is about 80% dry, I put it in a ponytail on top of my head. Leaning upside down, I spray the almost dry tail with this spray, then wrap into a bun. I leave it up to dry overnight, and my curls look Hollywood-worthy in the morning.
Each night until I wash my hair again, I repeat the above process. I hope it works for someone else like it does for me! I only wish I knew this stuff in high school, would’ve spared a lot of teenage angst. P.S.- I’ve tried making my own rosewater & glycerin spray for curls, but can’t get the ratio like the Mario Badescu. Gave up trying.)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm so mad I didn't find MakeupAlley before I bought this. I literally have seen COUNTLESS Instagram posts, skincare threads, Youtube videos, and glowing reviews just raving about this product for a little over a year now. Literally people saying this stuff was the end all be all, a godsend, the best cheap way to keep your skin glowing. I read you could use it whenever and as much as you needed & blah blah blah. We've heard it all by now, you all know what I'm talking about. This stuff broke me out in little bumps all over my skin. Literally tiny little bumps everywhere. I was so disappointed. I searched far & wide on the sites that sold this & almost no reviews mentioned how this broke them out. Even on Reddit, people were going in about how amazing this is. Luckily I was able to return it to Ulta and I ended up exchanging it for the green one, the Green Tea & Aloe spray. I just sprayed some on my face so hopefully I have better luck.

I'm really glad though that you guys are honest about it but I wish the site got more visibility on Google. I would have not bought it if I had seen the reviews here. The reason I did 2 stars as opposed to 1 is because clearly it works for others and it really is something I want to work. I want to have a spray that I can spritz occasionally throughout the day that leaves my skin feeling hydrated & refreshed & helps maintain a clear complexion. In love with idea but not the product.

This causes breakouts on my skin every time I tried it. So disappointing.

on 9/21/2017 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this for all-over moisture and skin refreshment! A must-have in hot climates.

on 9/20/2017 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product feels so refreshing on my oily skin. The scent is lovely, too. Perfect for giving me a little bit of moisture when I'm sitting in my air-conditioned office or when I'm outside in the LA sun. I've also used it to set makeup, and it seems to do a solid job. Took off one lippie because it's hard to tell exactly how much it does for my skin, but it's a pretty simple toner, so I was never expecting it to be life-changing.

on 9/13/2017 8:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Smells amazing. Leaves my skin feeling lightly moisturized and soft. I like to use this after I remove my makeup and apply serums when I don't need a heavy moisturizer. Does not cause any breakouts. I like this more than other toner sprays and it's a great value for the price. Would repurchase.

This is definitely not a life changing product, but i love it so much! It gives my face a healthy glow, it doesnt break me out, smells herb-y (which i dont mind) and refreshing. Its perfect for an invigorating spritz throughout the day.

Holy moly. Where has this been my whole life? Tried so many products for my combination/spot acne-prone skin. Bought this on a whim from Nordstrom beauty exclusive kit - 2 full size and 2 travel size bottles of this spray + drying lotion. Within just 1 day of using this, my skin felt and looked so different. Dramatically. Been using it for a little over a week now, and I feel like it's totally transformed! More so from the spray than the drying lotion (use that sparingly when I get my spot acne). My skin now feels properly moisturized and truly balanced. Not greasy, not dehydrated, and no acne... fingers crossed. I used to use Thayer's, but this one takes the cake. I know the ingredients listed sound a bit more artificial than Thayer's, but it outperforms it by far. I spray it on after I wash my face, or after I take off makeup with wipe when I'm about to work out at the gym. Gives you this natural smooth glow. I'm hooked!

Got a free sample of a bunch of Mario Badescu products, which included this aloe spray.

This was definitely the best gift out of the kit in terms of sizing - everything else was sample size and lasted about 3 uses (teeny tiny creams in contains no bigger than a quarter). Over a year has passed and I still have this.

It's okay, nothing special. It stays cool no matter what even when my apartment is sweltering. Feels refreshing and everything but it's very superficial and just helps me cool down but doesn't make my skin amazing or anything. It's nice to keep around in the summer during a heat wave when it's so hard to fight the heat, but honestly it's nothing life changing. I'm happy to have it as a free sample but I can't believe people would pay for this. Is it really that high in aloe and rosewater, because it feels really diluted? I could probably purchase rosewater and aloe vera and mix it in a spray bottle for a lot cheaper.

Summary: buy your own spray bottle and add aloe yourself to avoid wasting money on this hyped up gimmick.

on 8/8/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

amazing, really helped my skin clear up... especially in the summer when moisturizers can feel heavy, this saved the day!!! recommend to anyone with oily skin, and blemishes

Popular Face Skincare Products