Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I'm not convinced that this product is anything more than colored, fragranced water, but hey, it makes my makeup look nice and dewy, and that's all I really expect out of it. It's also nice to use at the end of your skincare routine or as a midday refresher. But honestly, it doesn't do much more than that. I think MAC Fix+ is the superior product overall, but that gets pricey with everyday use, so I keep the Mario Badescu one for when I want to douse my face. Another thing: the spray sucks. It spits out larger droplets all over the place. Fix+ has the best spray nozzle ever.

Also, is it just me or does the Cucumber scent smell really sour and funky? The new Lavender scent is alright, but personally the Rosewater one remains a favorite.

on 3/15/2018 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It feels sticky and uncomfortable on the skin. Plus, it broke me out. I don’t understand the hype.

I really don't understand what all the hype is about, I bought this along with the other facial spray, it says it keeps the face hydrated, honestly it didn't for my face, but it did make it smell like sunscreen, so that was an unpleasant surprise.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I quite like this for spraying on before my BB cream (or foundation but it's usually just BB cream) and powder on my t zone and then after I'm completely done with my makeup, I know this product isn't exactly a setting spray but for some reason it works for me to keep any makeup and powder from looking disgusting and cakey. I have well behaved combo skin. It works better than any other primer or setting spray have ever tried for this purpose. It's my anti cakeface spray.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this for a month now, and it's not the greatest product ever, but it's good. I recently stopped using it because there was some controversy surrounding them not listing dangerous ingredients in their products. So for now, I've stopped using this product. The spray itself is good, but it's not anything life-changing. It's not the cheapest product, as the large size is $12. I don't know if anyone would really want to pay $12 for something as simple as this, but each one to their own. Overall, I wouldn't buy this again cause I can live without it and my skin would be just fine.

on 2/26/2018 7:29:00 AM

I bought this because of how everyone was raging about how good it is and also, I needed a toner. I used this as a toner and initially I thought it was working wonders on my skin but that, in fact was just excitement from using something that basically everyone said was good. But a few months after using this, I realised that it did absolutely nothing to my skin. Not even hydrate it the tiniest bit. So I changed to pure rose water instead and it’s 100000x better than this. And, it’s also way cheaper. I really wanted to love this butttt im afraid there’s really nothing special about it. I also tried spraying it on my hair and all it did was dry my hair out. I guess i’ll just give it to someone else.

on 2/22/2018 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I picked up the smallest bottle on a whim at Ulta. The great rose scent, limited ingredients list, and reasonable price drew me in. I use it as a toner between skincare layers. I'm nearing the end of my bottle and will probably repurchase at some point in the future--I like to alternate between store bought toners and straight-up rose water and other hydrosols.

on 2/14/2018 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm not really sure what this product is supposed to do, but it definitely doesn't leave my skin feeling hydrated, quite the opposite; my skin started flaking off. I also started getting tiny little zits on my t-zone, so probably best I discontinue using it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I don't understand the reviewers who state this didn't work for them as a makeup setting spray. It's not a makeup setting spray. It is more like a spray on toner in a skincare routine. I have loved and used this spray for years, and it is still a workhorse in my skincare regimen. And this spray is much more affordable over most brands that offer a spray type skincare item. I buy multiples every time Ulta runs a sale on MB products. My daughter just recently purchased the newer Lavender one and loves it. For me its a very pleasant step in a rather boring but necessary personal step in taking care of ones self. I also in the last couple of months tried one from Amazon by Heritage that was mentioned by one youtuber that she uses. While its affordable, I still prefer the MB one. Please just give this one a try.

I've been using this for a while, I bought it mostly for all the hyper around Mario's products, and because I found my face needed a bit of a refresher mid way through my long work days. To be honest, it does not live up the the hype imo.

While it feels very nice after first spritzing your face with it, within about 10 minutes or so I find my face dying for moisture, it feels so dry (this is when spritzing it onto my face mid-day with makeup one/SPF, etc).

When I used this after cleansing my face before applying the rest of my skincare, it's better, but I still find my face feels tight and dry after a few hours or so.

After reading the ingredients on this, I realized it's probably due to the fact that this contains alcohol. I just have to accept that any product containing alcohol is no good for my face. So I've taken to using the remaining product on my body before my moisturizers.

I won't be repurchasing this, in fact I may just go back to DIY-ing my own again.

Popular Face Skincare Products