Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

3.9

on 12/15/2018 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I’d say this product is good. It’s not the best thing ever but it’s not as bad as some of the facial sprays out there.

I initially bought it to use as a toner but I find myself using it as a last step of my makeup routine (though during the dead heat of the summer, I kept it in my fridge and sprayed it before leaving the house!). I don’t think it extends the wear-time or anything, but it does give my skin a glow and takes away that powdery look and meshes everything together.

It has a moderate rose scent which I don’t mind but there will definitely be folks who’ll straight up hate it because rose isn’t everyone’s jam. Another good thing is that you get a ton of product for roughly 10 CAD $. I paid the same price for Hard Candy Sheer Envy Spray which gave me the same results but was used up in a couple of months.

If I had to repurchase, however, I think I may go for one of the similar sprays in MB’s line but with a different scent. While I don’t hate the rose scent, it’s not always what I want to be smelling at 7 AM either. :)

on 12/14/2017 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I use this product as moisturizer and as makeup primer and works really good for me, it keeps my foundation in place for many hours and my skin feels so smooth and i see that works too like pore minimizer, i just love products!

on 5/31/2017 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I literally only bought this for the hype. I don't have much blemishes, dryness, irritation, etc. but I have some slight discoloration, combo oily skin, and oily eyelids, and I don't wear any foundation, so I only do eyeliner, my brows, and I try to wear lipstick more often. This is refreshing, I guess. It just feels like regular water mist on the face & it smells alright. It also hasn't done anything for the longevity of my makeup, so I don't think I'll repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this! Simple chic packaging amazing hydrating mist. Amazing price my go to face mist!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This product doesn't do much or anything in terms of skincare.Other than the fact that it smells good.Rather make diy rose water instead.

on 3/4/2017 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This product is AMAZING! I have normal-to-dry skin which is pretty sensitive, and this product doesn't irritate my skin whatsoever. It feels amazing on my skin and smells great, and the bottle has the best spraying mechanism I've ever used. This is also an INCREDIBLE setting spray for your makeup, it really makes all of the powders sink into your skin and not look cakey, without disturbing your makeup at all. I also find that my makeup looks flawless for a really long time when I use this. Not sure what people are talking about with the "stickiness", I haven't encountered that at all. It's also super affordable which I love, and I have already repurchased this. 10/10 would recommend to anyone and everyone.

on 1/6/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

loveee this. I use this at night after my toner but before my facial oil to lock in moisture (great for dry cold winters) & as a makeup finisher. great value! great price, I like the light rose scent too. no complaints.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I enjoy this spray. I spray before and after makeup.

on 3/17/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

MY SKIN: 27 years old, Dehydrated most times (but DRY in winter, sometimes Oily in summer), Sensitive to a lot of products, Asian (but with a tanned/olive complexion), Australian climate.

PROs:
It is overall a great product. It smells great, my skin feels really refreshed and hydrated, the packaging functions really well, and it does work really well for setting in make up. It is really good to carry around and use to freshen up. A great "pick me up" for the skin.

CONs:
For some reason, it dries out ever so slightly sticky on my skin. I do prefer and recommend Clarins Daily Energizer Wake-Up Booster.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Read the awesome reviews before making my purchase on Hautelook. Mario Badescu products pop up in Hautelook quite a bit, so if you are interested in this spray, you should definitely check Hautelook frequently.

There are many reviews out there comparing this spray to MAC's FixPlus. All the reviews I read like the rosewater spray much better. I don't have the MAC spray, so when this came up in Hautelook, I jumped at the chance.

First, second and third uses - I used this spray as my final setting spray when I applied my full face make-up. I normally use Skindinavia's Bridal Makeup Spray as my final step (that stuff is my HG by the way). It looked fine, it sucked in my powder, so my skin looked dewy. At the end of my day, probably between 5-8 hours after applying my makeup, I looked in the mirror and my foundation crept into the sides of my nose and under my eyes. I did my normal foundation routine and with the Skindinavia spray, this never ever happened. I would have makeup on for way longer too.

After using the spray as my finishing spray and not liking it. I decided to just go ahead and use it after I showered as a toner, before my moisturizer. I really just wanted to use it all up and not waste money (it was not returnable on Hautelook). I used it this way for probably three, maybe four days. So I had this spray for a little more than a week and used it in some way everyday since having it.... I started to get bumps on my cheeks, when I touched my face it was not smooth, it was bumpy, like small hives. No pimples ever formed. So I stopped using the spray and in a few days, all the bumps went away. I don't know if I'm allergic to something in the spray, or it was just clogging my pores. I have no clue.

Anyhew, I gave both bottles to my sister in law because she was interested in trying a spray similar to this. Her opinion is, it's nothing special. She keeps the spray in the fridge and busts it out when it's a hot day. It hasn't broken her out. She dislikes the scent.

We both have super oily skin and don't find that this spray benefits us at all.

Popular Face Skincare Products