Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

3.9

I have dry skin and I love this product. I use it before moisturizing to help lock in moisture or whenever my skin feels a little dry. This spray feels really soothing on the skin and doesn't irritate my skin in the slightest. My favorite way to use this gem is over my makeup. It provides a beautiful dewy glow to the skin over any look which i love. This is also probably the only spray that will take away that over powdery look i get sometimes from a little too much setting powder, it seems to just melt that excess away leaving behind makeup that looks like skin. The only reason i gave it 4 stars is because it has a strong smell. It's not necessarily off putting, but i prefer products with an understated smell. My boyfriend can smell it on me whenever he gets close enough.

on 4/19/2015 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i found this product over rated! i decided to try it after seeing it on several youtube channels, the smell tends to settle into a baby powder like scent, and it doesnt do anything really that any regular toner would, i also tried it as a finishing makeup spray, not a noticble difference, i have better luck with my toner from the simple brand and just using a fix plus container,

on 4/15/2015 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a gem. Smells amazing and feel so refreshing on your skin - and helps it hydrate! It's pretty cheap, too, and it lasts awhile. I like to keep this in my bag especially on a hot summer day whenever my skin needs a boost.

on 3/17/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

MY SKIN: 27 years old, Dehydrated most times (but DRY in winter, sometimes Oily in summer), Sensitive to a lot of products, Asian (but with a tanned/olive complexion), Australian climate.

PROs:
It is overall a great product. It smells great, my skin feels really refreshed and hydrated, the packaging functions really well, and it does work really well for setting in make up. It is really good to carry around and use to freshen up. A great "pick me up" for the skin.

CONs:
For some reason, it dries out ever so slightly sticky on my skin. I do prefer and recommend Clarins Daily Energizer Wake-Up Booster.

on 3/6/2015 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this product. I use it non-stop. I put it on before and after make up application, throughout the day, in the morning after I cleanse my face, at night after I'v applied moisturizer, A. MAZE. ZING. It smells wonderful and feels great.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wanted to see if I could find a more cost effective alternative to my beloved Skindinavia setting spray so I ordered the Mario Badescu Facial Spray. The 4oz. bottle was only $7.00. When I received my package in the mail, I was really pleased to see that they give you 3 generous samples of their other products, right on!

In my opinion, the key to a good setting spray is a combination of two things, the formula and the spray bottle. Skindinavia has the best bottle in my book, it provides a light mist and beats out all the other brands Iíve tried, including this one. Luckily Iím a hoarder and I saved my Skindinavia bottle and transferred Mario over into that bottle. I have to say, it made a difference andÖ. yes I know Iíve invested way to much thought into this.I do like this product very much. It contains various herbs that are good for your skin, aloe and rosewater and the scent is a light rose scent. I spray this on my face before I apply my makeup for moisture and then when Iím done applying my makeup, aside from my mascara (that is always my last step in ďthe processĒ). It melds all my face products (powders, concealer and foundation) together nicely and leaves a dewy finish to the skin. That being said, if you have oily skin, then this might not be for you. Iím planning on purchasing this product again because I really like to start my morning with a light mist of this all over the face, it primes my skin for foundation perfectly, leaving it feeling soft and hydrated. I will however continue my search for an equal to Skindinavia, as far as a setting spray is concerned, only because I prefer a matte finish to the dewy finish this gives.

For more reviews on cruelty free beauty products, visit my blog dizzynicky.wordpress.com or on Instagram @dizzynicky

on 1/5/2015 1:56:00 AM

I'm a big Mario Badescu fan. I am 21 years old with dry, sensitive skin prone to acne. I use this product to set my makeup and during the day when I need to refresh my skin.
The smell is lovely and after a few sprays leaves my skin feeling much more hydrated. Perfect size also that fits nicely in my handbag- great for travelling on a plane when your skin dries out!

on 12/29/2014 10:07:00 PM

Just enough hydration after applying a full face of makeup to get a nice, dewy finish. Smells wonderful!

on 11/18/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product**

I like this a lot and will probably update when I have used it more but I just have to say a few things.

This doesn't actually contain Rosewater. Those old ingredients listed on the old bottles apparently were a lie. They did that with practically every product. I found out that they supposedly "didn't change the ingredients" they just are being more honest about it now. I had called the company to ask why they changed them since that will effect a lot of peoples' skin, and they said they just 'repackaged and it should be the same effectiveness'. Coupled with rumors I heard that they weren't transparent about their ingredients previously I figured out that that's what it was.

Real Ingredients straight from my bottle are: Water, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fucus Vesiculous Extract (Bladderwrack), Gardenis Florida Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

So no rose. Oh well. I still like it. I previously used Burt's Bees Rosewater toner which I do like and it does contain rose, but I like this more. That one has some alcohols and witch hazel which my skin isn't as happy about. Just wanted to share that about the ingreds though.

Update: So I have been using this for a few weeks and I'm very happy with it. I have clog prone skin so I hardly use moisturizer. Having a moisturizing spray that doesn't clog is absolutely amazing right now. My only issue, aside from the formerly-misleading ingredients is that sometimes I feel a film on my skin with this, like slightly sticky. But since I have acne issues and often my routine can be a little drying I absolutely can't see taking this out right now. It's def a keeper for me for now.

Update two: I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the ingredients in this causes problems for me. It's a good spray and I think for most people it works well, but I think I may just shy away from it as I have seen an improvement in my skin when I cut out products with that ingredient. I'm not sure, but I seem to be doing ok without it so for me it's just not as necessary as I thought previously.

on 11/5/2014 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked this until I found out it contained Propylene Glycol. Why can't they use a different ingredient, I thought Mario Badescu was pretty natural.

Very surprised. Threw this stuff away - something I really hate doing :(