Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

on 2/1/2016 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff!

Let me first say that if you really, really don't like the smell of rose you will not like this purely for the smell. I don't particularly like the smell of rose but I manage because this is such a great product. The only reason I gave this 4 stars was because I'm not very partial to the rose smell.
It has so many uses. I have very dry, very sensitive skin. This stuff is magic. I use it as a toner, moisturizer, and to cool off. I agree with most other reviews that this doesn't necessarily make your makeup last longer but it does help 'blend' your makeup together and gives you a very glowy, more natural appearance.

The younger (teenage) people with perfect skin will probably have very little purpose for this item besides it "feeling good". I don't think this product is intended for those with flawless skin. They don't even need a toner. Something to keep in mind when reading reviews.
I also don't find this stuff to be sticky AT ALL. Perhaps the people who do are having issues with it not mixing well with other moisturizers/ skin products.

This has greatly improved my skincare routine, specifically at night. I use my Clarisonic so when I get out of the shower my skin is often very tight. I will quickly use Mario Badescu's aloe vera toner and then I use this facial spray because it helps IMMENSELY when putting on my moisturizer. It provides a base so that my hands don't practically stick to my face from how clean it is.
Only recently discovered I have seborrheic dermatitis but just before I figured it out I noticed a great improvement in my skin and it was because of this product! The reason is because of the aloe in it. Aloe has a number of great benefits to the skin. This stuff is awesome for redness, lesions, etc.

This is a must have item on-the-go. A slight bummer is that the regular sizes are inconvenient for your purse or travel. I bought a gift set with a 1 oz sized bottle of this stuff which I refill to keep in my purse and luggage.

on 10/14/2015 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this facial spray for the winter months when I'm a bit drier. This seems moisturizing on me and smells extremely nice, if you like rose scents. The bottle sprays wonderfully, never had a problem with it. I would use this to set my makeup and it did a fine job at that also. I won't buy again immediately because I'm working through some others I have but when I run out of those, I will definitely repurchase this to have for winter.

I love this spray, it smells so amazing and its so refreshing and hydrating!
I love to use it as a toner in the mornings and then just a refresher during the day whenever I need it, and its so cheap!

Definitely do not use this as a toner. I use this before moisturizing my face so I can lock moisture in and I also use it whenever my face feels quenched. Definitely a luxury item but I still love it!

on 5/8/2015 4:13:00 PM

I've been looking at facial sprays for quite some time and decided to go with this one given the frequent, rave reviews. I love it. I have acne prone, easily irritated skin and finding things that don't make it angry is a task in and of itself. This soothes my skin, eliminates some of the redness, calms down any breakouts I may have, and leaves skin soft and supple. I spray it on after showering in the morning as well as after washing my face in the evening before bed. I wouldn't exactly say this tones my skin as much as softens it, so I use it in combination with Burt's Bees Rosewater Toner. These together have made a huge difference in the appearance of my skin. Recommended for all skin types!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is somewhere between a luxury item and a must-have product for me. I say that because I absolutely adore it (I have purchased it over and over again and I always have at least one on hand) yet I realize it's nonessential, technically speaking. But at $7, it's fortunately a little luxury I can afford to indulge in!

I use this spray multiple times a day - to wake me up in the morning, calm my senses before bed, tone after cleansing, set my makeup, freshen up on a hot day and whenever I just want to refresh my skin for any reason. I like how it instantly hydrates my skin, and the fragrance is heaven. Honestly, the fragrance is what brings me back to this spray over other similar products...it genuinely smells like a fresh bouquet - not fake or cloying or perfume-y, but like a breeze blowing past a flower garden. I bought the rosewater spray by Boots to compare, but the Boots version has alcohol, so it not only didn't smell quite as nice, but was also less hydrating. Also, I have fairly sensitive skin (occasionally to the point of getting dermatitis or even hives from some things) and this product hasn't been a problem for me.

If you're considering this spray, I say go for it. As beauty items go, it's fairly affordable, and certainly worth trying.

This is a good spray. This is actually the only facial spray I have every tried, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I would not let that deter you from trying since it is only $7. Once I set my face with powder, I spray and and it really transforms the makeup cakeup look into natural skin. It is also so refreshing. After a long day of work, I use it for its refreshing properties. In terms of setting makeup and making it last all day, I can't honestly say. I do want to try the urban decay ones just to compare that aspect.

I have one in the fridge that I mist on my face in the hot summer months.

on 12/4/2014 12:16:00 PM

Wanted to post b/c the bottle I just received from Nordstrom has yet another ingredients list. Thanks to CordulaM and others for posting this valuable info. My 2 oz. spray bottle lists the following ingredients:
Deionized water (aqua), Aloe (also barbadneis leaf juice) gel, Bladderwrack extract (fucus vesiculosus) extract, Herbal extract, Rose (rosa gallica) extract, Gardenia (gardenia florida) extract, Propylene glycol.
I have no idea why the ingredients lists on this product varies so much among bottles. Some list rose extract while others do not. Frankly, it concerns me. What is the mysterious "herbal extract" included? Additionally, the product has a pink tint yet there are no ingredients to account for this color listed. This isn't the first Mario Badescu product I've noticed with this exact issue. How hard is it to include accurate ingredients lists on your products/literature? Makes me question the integrity of the entire line.

on 10/19/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this as a toner, setting spray, use it to moisturize my hair ends. Love this product. Gentle on my acne prone skin. Mild rose scent which dissipates quickly.

Update: I now use a health store rosewater + glycerin spray due to the "coloring" in this sprays ingredients. But I will still use this spray if I can't get my hands on the organic dye free spray.

on 8/3/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love MB products. I decided to try this spray to replace my Mac Fix + since it's much cheaper. 30 minutes after I sprayed it, my face became so itchy. An hour later I couldn't take it and had to wash all my makeup off. A Benedryl later, it's safe to say I'm probably allergic to Rosewater which isn't an uncommon allergy apparently. Such a shame. It smelled amazing. I would recommend to test this out on your wrist or somewhere if you have sensitive skin before going crazy. I probably should have since I have other skin allergies to skin care products. Lesson learned.

Popular Face Skincare Products