Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

4.3

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- hydrating without making skin oily
- prevents makeup from getting cakey
- lightly scented

CONS

- none

COMMENTS: Instantly fell in love with this. I use it to set my makeup and I cannot believe it never got cakey in this hot weather. I can now wear more coverage if needed without my makeup looking blotchy or unnatural in the heat. It just sets makeup beautifully and it doesn't make me oily or cause my makeup to separate like Fix Plus does. Not to mention the price? Instant HG!

Will repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted a cheaper setting spray to keep in my work purse, and I thought this was a good value. I usually use urban decay or Mac fix plus. I have sensitive and dry skin. First the smell is super strong and is added, which I regretted using on my sensitive skin as soon as I sprayed it since fragrance is irritating. Very fake rose smell, not nice in my opinion. Also made my eyes burn after opening them (closed when I misted). I noticed a little stickiness that other people have noted, that didn't bother me. My skin immediately started itching after spraying it. I'm not going to use this again. If you have nice skin that can withstand the fragrance and other chemical additives, and you enjoy very strong rose scents you might like this. The price is great, but not worth the health of my skin.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My favorite use of this product is randomly spraying my boyfriend in the face. My second favorite use is much more economical and, well, useful. A few minutes after my retinol application, I close my eyes and lightly mist myself with this heavenly concoction. Feels great.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is one of those products that I had no idea I needed until I bought it. :) A facial mist always seemed sort of silly to me but now I see why this needs a place in my routine. I find myself using it quite a bit actually.

It is refreshing, hydrating, and smells nice. The scent is very rosy but does not linger. I mist my face during the day for a bit of moisture and pick me up. I also mist it on my hair when it looks too fuzzy after styling and it helps with that too powdery/done look when your makeup is first applied. Great stuff.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Decent rosewater spray.
It offers a light refreshing moisture.
I don't think this would help set your makeup any but it can help make it look a little more natural if you over powdered, however, this has never worked for me and added weird spots to my makeup lol.
The price is not too bad but I prefer one I get from whole foods which also seems to provide a little bit of a brightening to the skin.

on 10/14/2015 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this facial spray for the winter months when I'm a bit drier. This seems moisturizing on me and smells extremely nice, if you like rose scents. The bottle sprays wonderfully, never had a problem with it. I would use this to set my makeup and it did a fine job at that also. I won't buy again immediately because I'm working through some others I have but when I run out of those, I will definitely repurchase this to have for winter.

This stuff is always in my purse.. I use it to set my makeup and for a quick pick me up during the day.. Way, way cheaper than MAC fix+ and in my opinion way better.

on 5/8/2015 4:13:00 PM

I've been looking at facial sprays for quite some time and decided to go with this one given the frequent, rave reviews. I love it. I have acne prone, easily irritated skin and finding things that don't make it angry is a task in and of itself. This soothes my skin, eliminates some of the redness, calms down any breakouts I may have, and leaves skin soft and supple. I spray it on after showering in the morning as well as after washing my face in the evening before bed. I wouldn't exactly say this tones my skin as much as softens it, so I use it in combination with Burt's Bees Rosewater Toner. These together have made a huge difference in the appearance of my skin. Recommended for all skin types!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is somewhere between a luxury item and a must-have product for me. I say that because I absolutely adore it (I have purchased it over and over again and I always have at least one on hand) yet I realize it's nonessential, technically speaking. But at $7, it's fortunately a little luxury I can afford to indulge in!

I use this spray multiple times a day - to wake me up in the morning, calm my senses before bed, tone after cleansing, set my makeup, freshen up on a hot day and whenever I just want to refresh my skin for any reason. I like how it instantly hydrates my skin, and the fragrance is heaven. Honestly, the fragrance is what brings me back to this spray over other similar products...it genuinely smells like a fresh bouquet - not fake or cloying or perfume-y, but like a breeze blowing past a flower garden. I bought the rosewater spray by Boots to compare, but the Boots version has alcohol, so it not only didn't smell quite as nice, but was also less hydrating. Also, I have fairly sensitive skin (occasionally to the point of getting dermatitis or even hives from some things) and this product hasn't been a problem for me.

If you're considering this spray, I say go for it. As beauty items go, it's fairly affordable, and certainly worth trying.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wanted to see if I could find a more cost effective alternative to my beloved Skindinavia setting spray so I ordered the Mario Badescu Facial Spray. The 4oz. bottle was only $7.00. When I received my package in the mail, I was really pleased to see that they give you 3 generous samples of their other products, right on!

In my opinion, the key to a good setting spray is a combination of two things, the formula and the spray bottle. Skindinavia has the best bottle in my book, it provides a light mist and beats out all the other brands Iíve tried, including this one. Luckily Iím a hoarder and I saved my Skindinavia bottle and transferred Mario over into that bottle. I have to say, it made a difference andÖ. yes I know Iíve invested way to much thought into this.I do like this product very much. It contains various herbs that are good for your skin, aloe and rosewater and the scent is a light rose scent. I spray this on my face before I apply my makeup for moisture and then when Iím done applying my makeup, aside from my mascara (that is always my last step in ďthe processĒ). It melds all my face products (powders, concealer and foundation) together nicely and leaves a dewy finish to the skin. That being said, if you have oily skin, then this might not be for you. Iím planning on purchasing this product again because I really like to start my morning with a light mist of this all over the face, it primes my skin for foundation perfectly, leaving it feeling soft and hydrated. I will however continue my search for an equal to Skindinavia, as far as a setting spray is concerned, only because I prefer a matte finish to the dewy finish this gives.

For more reviews on cruelty free beauty products, visit my blog dizzynicky.wordpress.com or on Instagram @dizzynicky

Popular Face Skincare Products