Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Initially I purchased this in hopes that it would be a cheaper alternative to Tatcha's Luminous Dewy Skin Mist. The verdict: not quite the same, but close enough.

The Mario Badescu spray does not impart the same magical, luminous glow that I get with the Tatcha one, but it does perform the same in terms of hydrating the skin and reducing the "powdery" look of makeup. With foundations that tend to accentuate dry flakes, a few spritzes will almost completely eradicate the problem.

One thing that sort of disappointed me was that the spray is not a fine mist, but rather large droplets. However, unlike a setting spray with a crappy nozzle, the size of the droplets of this product doesn't affect my makeup negatively, so it isn't a huge deal-breaker. It all absorbs on the face without a trace, so this is also good when you want a midday burst of hydration without disturbing your makeup.

Given how cheap this product is (even the 2 oz bottle for $5 lasts forever), I think it's definitely worth a try.

on 10/7/2016 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I love it for many reasons, it smells amazing, it helps refresh my face when i feel dry and it sets the makeup.

on 9/21/2016 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this facial spray to set my makeup for the past few months. This spray helps my setting powder blend seamlessly with my foundation and skin, keeping my face from looking cakey! Being in healthcare and working 12-hour shifts, this product has really come in handy to keep my makeup going strong all day!

Pros:
Works well as a setting spray, tested 12+ hours!
Light rose scent, smells great

Cons:
None

on 9/11/2016 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have not used this on myself but on my friend because I had an allergy during the time I bought this. Such a sad week for my face. So I've been letting my face rest and just lovingly gazing at the new products I bought.

Anyways, I did my friend's makeup. Eyebrows, bronzer, highlighter, eye makeup, no foundation because she has such great skin, I don't even know why we're still friends (kidding!), all that wonderful stuff. After dusting her face with loose powder, I decided to try this and spritz this on her face and voila! I was amazed. After it dried, the powder just seemed to melt away and made it look very skin-like. Like she didn't put powder on. My only complaint though is that it does not have a fine mist. When I sprayed this on her face, we would complain about the droplets on her face. I don't know if it's just mine or if anybody else has that problem because I've never read any reviews where they complain about the mist. Although, I'm not super bummed cause the price is really great and I do have some extra spray nozzles lying around somewhere.

UPDATE: That same friend was complaining about her dry skin so I spritz this on after doing her makeup. I am seriously impressed. The first time, I was doubtful because it was fairly dark. But this time, I could clearly see that the makeup just melted onto her skin and made it look very skin like.

I have used this on myself after makeup which helps hydrate my skin. If you're looking for mainly hydration, I don't think this is it though. It also has a lovely lychee smell. Yum! Doesn't irritate nor break me out which is so great for my fussy skin.

on 9/5/2016 7:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is so light and refreshing... Perfect for those hot days when you feel as if your makeup is melting off... Or if you just need a cool mist. This also has a light but very pleasant smell. Does not feel sticky, and does not irritate the skin.

on 8/5/2016 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am a HUGE fan of Mario Badescu products in general, so i was excited to try this, but it made me break out like crazy :( and i don't normally get many breakouts at all

My face felt almost greasy after spritzing this on, it doesn't seem to sink in to my skin at all and the scent is pretty strong (I'm not normally fussy about scents)

I'll use it to spray on my hair to pat down fly aways as i don't want to waste it but this will not be going near my face again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

YES YES YES I FOUND MY HOLY GRAIL
to clarify, i have dry combination, super sensitive, acne prone skin.

My skin reacts to pretty much anything new. I find that my skin works best with more natural products and this spray does wonder for my face. It doesnt break me out. It makes my skin feel hydrated and makes my appearance more glowy. Its refreshing.... It's pretty much amazing.

I also tend to use this as a primer, because it leaves a slight sticky feeling (like after you moisturise feeling), which makes my makeup hold and last all day. no joke. I love it so much i even use it as a setting spray.
Makeup wise, i definitely saw a difference in the appearance and the duration of my foundation. Im at university sometimes for over 6 hours a day and using this spray, i no longer need to worry that my makeup is smudging or looking weird. I also see an improvement it my foundation not emphasising my dry patches.

The only negative point i have is the fact that it took my such a long time to discover this product, and the fact that ive spent a lot of money on primers and setting sprays that dont work nearly as good as this.
Honestly, i've never felt so glad to find a product that works so well with my skin and makeup, and i would highly recommend this product to others.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Just okay, I have been using the Glossier Rose Spray and I prefer it as I find it is more hydrating. MB's leaves a kind of sticky dryness which I'm not really a fan of, I prefer a more hydrating spray. Don't get me wrong, this one is okay, but I think there are better rose sprays.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Bought this after reading the wonderful reviews on MUA. I have the travel sized one and am glad I bought it at this size.

Read from the reviews that this can be used over makeup without causing any disturbance. So I tried it during my midday touch up. OMG ... it caused my makeup to become patchy as in some parts stuck some parts were gone!

I did not try it on bare skin which may work better ... I'll try that one day but to use it over makeup is a no no for me and neither will i buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great multi purpose spray. I use it for everything. If my face is feeling a little dry or not absorbing my moisturizer, I just spritz a little of this on. My hair needs a refresher with fly aways in the middle of the day, I use this. If my makeup is looking a little cakey at the end of the day, this takes care of it. It is by no means a setting spray and I do not notice that it makes my makeup last longer. I use fix+ for that. It isn't marketed as a setting a setting spray. So if that is your main goal I would try something else.
Smell on this is a fresh herby smell. Roses and aloe. I find it very refreshing and not overwhelming.
This is a staple in my stash and I use it at least a couple times a week. The price is very affordable. I hhave repurchased multiple times and will continue to keep this on hand.

Popular Face Skincare Products