Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this one month ago for $8 because everyone was talking about how great it is and I wanted to try it out but after 3 days of using it as a toner/to refresh my face through the day I started to break out really bad, I woke up with pimples in my t-zone and cheeks and a mild eye lid contact dermatitis, listen... I WAS FREAKING OUT!!!!! THAT SHIT WAS HORRIBLE and IM STILL UPSET ABOUT IT. The smell is great, i love roses but i think that the others chemicals are too hard for my skin. Worst product ever!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great multi purpose spray. I use it for everything. If my face is feeling a little dry or not absorbing my moisturizer, I just spritz a little of this on. My hair needs a refresher with fly aways in the middle of the day, I use this. If my makeup is looking a little cakey at the end of the day, this takes care of it. It is by no means a setting spray and I do not notice that it makes my makeup last longer. I use fix+ for that. It isn't marketed as a setting a setting spray. So if that is your main goal I would try something else.
Smell on this is a fresh herby smell. Roses and aloe. I find it very refreshing and not overwhelming.
This is a staple in my stash and I use it at least a couple times a week. The price is very affordable. I hhave repurchased multiple times and will continue to keep this on hand.

on 3/25/2016 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I use this MB Rosewater spray sometimes after applying my makeup on days it looks a little cakey, which happens to me especially in winter because my skin is so dry. Definitely helps to reduce the cakeyness a little bit. I am extremely sensitive to fragrances, but this smells lovely to me, as it has the natural fragrance of fresh roses. This shouldn't be used as a setting spray though - it won't lock in your makeup (it certainly didn't lock in mine). So when I use this, I use this together with my UD All Nighter.

Anyway, I recently discovered the Hard Candy setting spray, and I've found myself not needing this MB spray anymore to take away any dry patches. The HC setting spray does wonders by giving me both a dewy look and locking in my makeup. So as I don't need this product anymore for my dry skin, I wouldn't repurchase.

on 2/16/2016 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this facial spray, I've owned a few setting sprays and I don't particially noticed if it keeps my makeup on longer but I was the same with the other sprays. I've seen lots of reviews saying that the spray is sticky but I haven't experienced that at all with this. I think it is lightweight, refreshing and hydrating and I like to spray it during the day to maintain a nice glow. The last spray I had was MAC Fix+ which actually left marks on my makeup where the droplets had been, whereas this Mario Badescu one is definitely more misty. Great price too

on 2/1/2016 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff!

Let me first say that if you really, really don't like the smell of rose you will not like this purely for the smell. I don't particularly like the smell of rose but I manage because this is such a great product. The only reason I gave this 4 stars was because I'm not very partial to the rose smell.
It has so many uses. I have very dry, very sensitive skin. This stuff is magic. I use it as a toner, moisturizer, and to cool off. I agree with most other reviews that this doesn't necessarily make your makeup last longer but it does help 'blend' your makeup together and gives you a very glowy, more natural appearance.

The younger (teenage) people with perfect skin will probably have very little purpose for this item besides it "feeling good". I don't think this product is intended for those with flawless skin. They don't even need a toner. Something to keep in mind when reading reviews.
I also don't find this stuff to be sticky AT ALL. Perhaps the people who do are having issues with it not mixing well with other moisturizers/ skin products.

This has greatly improved my skincare routine, specifically at night. I use my Clarisonic so when I get out of the shower my skin is often very tight. I will quickly use Mario Badescu's aloe vera toner and then I use this facial spray because it helps IMMENSELY when putting on my moisturizer. It provides a base so that my hands don't practically stick to my face from how clean it is.
Only recently discovered I have seborrheic dermatitis but just before I figured it out I noticed a great improvement in my skin and it was because of this product! The reason is because of the aloe in it. Aloe has a number of great benefits to the skin. This stuff is awesome for redness, lesions, etc.

This is a must have item on-the-go. A slight bummer is that the regular sizes are inconvenient for your purse or travel. I bought a gift set with a 1 oz sized bottle of this stuff which I refill to keep in my purse and luggage.

on 1/18/2016 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Why I'm just now finding out about this facial spray is BEYOND ME. I've been hearing tons of good things about this on YouTube. What really sold me was the scent. I la la love rose scented anything. Getting roses, rose petals, rose perfume. Anything! I'm just obsessed!! I bought this in Ulta which was $7 which makes me even happier. So cheap for such a good product!!! I have mainly been using this after I apply makeup. It doesn't necessarily 'set makeup' (even though it does seem to set somewhat) but more so blends everything together beautifully. If you're over powdered or looking cakey this will do the trick melting everything together gorgeously. I feel my skin looks so glowy and flawless after I spritz my face evenly a few times. The scent is to die for ugh I just love it. I could bathe in it. What I enjoy is how many different uses this bottle has. Spray after makeup, toner, for dry, tight skin, or even in your hair. I'm gonna get a bottle for my girlfriend so she can enjoy it. Definitely a luxury item but I'm so enjoying this Mario Badescu Facial Spray. I'll continue to repurchase this.

on 6/15/2015 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is not only a makeup refreshner but it also helps heal skin due to the Aloe content. I am in my 60's and everyone knows how slow your skin heals at my age. This helps speed it up and I would not be without it. 5 STAR product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is somewhere between a luxury item and a must-have product for me. I say that because I absolutely adore it (I have purchased it over and over again and I always have at least one on hand) yet I realize it's nonessential, technically speaking. But at $7, it's fortunately a little luxury I can afford to indulge in!

I use this spray multiple times a day - to wake me up in the morning, calm my senses before bed, tone after cleansing, set my makeup, freshen up on a hot day and whenever I just want to refresh my skin for any reason. I like how it instantly hydrates my skin, and the fragrance is heaven. Honestly, the fragrance is what brings me back to this spray over other similar products...it genuinely smells like a fresh bouquet - not fake or cloying or perfume-y, but like a breeze blowing past a flower garden. I bought the rosewater spray by Boots to compare, but the Boots version has alcohol, so it not only didn't smell quite as nice, but was also less hydrating. Also, I have fairly sensitive skin (occasionally to the point of getting dermatitis or even hives from some things) and this product hasn't been a problem for me.

If you're considering this spray, I say go for it. As beauty items go, it's fairly affordable, and certainly worth trying.

on 11/18/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product**

I like this a lot and will probably update when I have used it more but I just have to say a few things.

This doesn't actually contain Rosewater. Those old ingredients listed on the old bottles apparently were a lie. They did that with practically every product. I found out that they supposedly "didn't change the ingredients" they just are being more honest about it now. I had called the company to ask why they changed them since that will effect a lot of peoples' skin, and they said they just 'repackaged and it should be the same effectiveness'. Coupled with rumors I heard that they weren't transparent about their ingredients previously I figured out that that's what it was.

Real Ingredients straight from my bottle are: Water, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fucus Vesiculous Extract (Bladderwrack), Gardenis Florida Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

So no rose. Oh well. I still like it. I previously used Burt's Bees Rosewater toner which I do like and it does contain rose, but I like this more. That one has some alcohols and witch hazel which my skin isn't as happy about. Just wanted to share that about the ingreds though.

Update: So I have been using this for a few weeks and I'm very happy with it. I have clog prone skin so I hardly use moisturizer. Having a moisturizing spray that doesn't clog is absolutely amazing right now. My only issue, aside from the formerly-misleading ingredients is that sometimes I feel a film on my skin with this, like slightly sticky. But since I have acne issues and often my routine can be a little drying I absolutely can't see taking this out right now. It's def a keeper for me for now.

Update two: I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the ingredients in this causes problems for me. It's a good spray and I think for most people it works well, but I think I may just shy away from it as I have seen an improvement in my skin when I cut out products with that ingredient. I'm not sure, but I seem to be doing ok without it so for me it's just not as necessary as I thought previously.

on 11/5/2014 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked this until I found out it contained Propylene Glycol. Why can't they use a different ingredient, I thought Mario Badescu was pretty natural.

Very surprised. Threw this stuff away - something I really hate doing :(