Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

4.1

I keep this on my office desk and really love the moisture boost. It even feels like a little energy boost, much like putting cold water on your face if you are a little tired, but with the added benefits of aloe, bladderwrack and rosewater.
It takes up to half a minute for the very fine mist to be absorbed by my skin and for a while after the skin is a little sticky to the touch, just like after putting on a moisturizer. The absorbs well even if I wear full makeup. I have used it to set makeup after powdering in the mornings - which works fine, but since I use a serum and moisturizer before adding makeup, I feel the aloe and rosewater in this facial spray is more useful as a moisture booster during the day.
The facial spray has a light smell of roses, not too heavy, just quite pleasant. The smell might be too strong for spritzing in an aircraft economy seat next to strangers, but if you spritz in the lavatory the smell is barely noticable by the time you reach your seat.

on 3/3/2014 4:13:00 PM

This product is very refreshing when used on my face. I use it mainly as a setting spray for my makeup and on days when I don't wear makeup, I use it to refresh my face. It is not a huge part of my daily regimen but for the price, I believe it is a good product. Be sure not to use too much underneath or on top of makeup or it could affect the appearance and make your makeup clumpy or separate. NOTE: The main reason I started using this product is because a famous, well-known and reliable makeup artist (Jacklyn Hill) mentioned it her blog and said she used it as a setting spray or a spray for throughout the day like I do.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This spray is an excellent product. I picked up my bottle at Nordstrom for $7usd.
The packaging is nothing remarkable just your standard spray bottle.
The product is fantastic and truly remarkable. I use this spray as a toner, refresher and for makeup setting. I carry it around in my Gianni Versace Couture handbag (a gift from my Valentine : D) and I pull it out a few times a day. I am already more than half way done with the bottle I bought a few weeks ago.
This spray does not leave a sticky or clammy feeling on my skin. It does not have a strong scent and it does not make my skin feel suffocated.
This spray DOES refresh, absorb quickly and leaves a nice well rested glow to my skin.
I will never be without this in my beauty arsenal. Never!

This is really not a perfumed spray. Ok, it has a fragrance of a rose, but it is from rose water not an artificial perfumey chemical (it is not like you're spraying actual eua de toilette on your face!).
This spray is very nice. I personally like to use it before applying my morning serums and moisturizers as soon as I get out of the shower. It keeps my combo skin hydrated and helps the application of my skin care. If your skin feels dry during the day, it is nice to spray it on again to refresh it.
Is it an absolute necessity? Probably not, but it is very nice and so inexpensive!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm heading towards my third bottle of this. I originally purchased it to cancel out the powdery finish left behind from a powder foundation I used to use instead of using MAC Fix+ which was a major irritant for my skin. But after I stopped using the powder foundation I decided to use the spray after I cleansed and toned my skin. I spray while my skin is still damp from the toner and immediately follow up with my serum & moisturizer. I don't notice any earth shattering results but I do notice that does cancel out the tight feeling as my skin feels immediately after cleansing. There are a lot of other similar treatment sprays on the market but this one by far is the best in my opinion. And you just can't beat the price point.

12/10/2014: This has been reformulated with garbage ingredients. I didn't realize it till I went in for my annual haul of this spray and once after cleansing and applying this once lovely gem my skin didn't feel right so I happen to look at the ingredients list and wham bam I found the culprits.

Reformulation: Aqua (water, eau), Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Parfum ( Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, CI 17200 (Red 33) CI 42090 (Blue 1).

I feel so bad because over the years I've suggested this product to so many people only for it later to become a huge disappointment. They have also reformulated a popular mask as well and I can't remember which one it is but its one that I don't use myself but overall I don't think I will be using anymore MB products after I finish using one of its eye creams because I'm fearful that that too will be reformulated in the near future.

Mario Badescu is a freaking genius. I hv combination skin and no matter what makeup I use, I find it extremely hard to have it look fresh 3-4 hours after I've stepped out of my house. But after I got this spray, which I use to set my makeup, I usually just blot and respray after ~6 hours and I look like I just stepped out of the house. It's extremely refreshing and I cannot tell you how good it smells. I got it for SGD15~ for a small bottle but I've been using it for a month and the bottle still looks almost full. HG.

on 9/30/2013 1:13:00 PM

I don't use this as a toner. I don't use this to set my makeup. I only use this as a refreshing mist since I live in Texas but frequently travel to Arizona, and it is ALWAYS hot wherever I go it seems like.

How do I use this product? Well, regardless of whether or not I am wearing makeup, I hold the bottle about six to eight inches from my face and spray a couple times. It does not mess up my makeup and in fact has even after some long days, made it look better! My only complaint would be that the spray isn't so much a mist as a stream which is not the worst thing in the world but definitely would not be what I would have preferred. It smells really nice, definitely like rose, but if that isn't really your thing, don't worry. The smell does not stick around once the product has dried on your skin.

Anyway, I use this when I am sweaty, when my skin looks dry, when I need a little boost, I have even used in on the long between car rides to spritz as a sort of pick me up to keep me awake! And it works wonderfully for all of these uses! At 7 USD for a 4 ounce bottle, it is a steal! I always have one of these in my purse and one on my dresser, that is how much I love this facial spray! I will forever be repurchasing.

I recently discovered Mario Badescu products and I am ADDICTED. This facial spray is something I purchased a few weeks ago, and I have been using it twice a day to tone my face after cleansing. It leaves my combination skin beautifully moist, and supple. I have had no bad reaction to this product so far (no breakouts) and I will continue to use forever!!

If you have oily or combination skin and need something to moisturize your skin without breakouts, check this spray out!

*UPDATE* - Started using the Avene Thermal Spring Water as my "after cleansing toner" I still love this one, and once I am done with the Avene I will go back to this. Love them both, and I am happy to go back and forth between the two of them!

on 6/7/2013 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this spray!! It helps absorb my moisturizer better, it helps set my makeup and I generally use it all the time! Morning, at work, after cleansing! The smell is also lovely and refreshing!
Great price too, I keep one at home and one in my handbag always for touch ups throughout the day!

on 5/29/2013 6:19:00 PM

Love this stuff my face doesn't seem dry since I've been using it.... Great value as well!! 👍

Popular Face Skincare Products